New Feature: Unread messages REMAIN unread

Things you should know about what's going on. New features and procedures will be announced here.

New Feature: Unread messages REMAIN unread

Postby Lance » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:26 pm

I just installed a mod that will keep unread messages in the unread state until you actually read them.

One of my major annoyances with phpBB is that if close your session without reading everything new, next time you come back it doesn't remember where you left off. This new mod should stop that from happening. There is nothing you have to do to activate or use it, it should just work.

Additionally, you can mark messages unread again that you have already read. Look for this icon in the upper right corner of any post:

Example:

Let's say there is a thread with 10 messages in it. As soon as you open it, the entire thread gets marked as read. After reading the 4th post in the thread, you need to leave. Click the "Mark Unread" icon in the upper right corner of the 5th message and it will set the remainder of the thread back to the unread state. Then you will know where to pick up again when you come back.

I hope everyone finds this to be a very useful addition to the forum.
Last edited by Lance on Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Cl1mh4224rd » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:40 pm

I love you. :P
Cl1mh4224rd
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby twinstead » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:54 pm

In the immortal words of somebody I read on GLP today, if you were a woman, I'd have your love child....
AKA DogFishHead on GLP

The great thing about being a cynic is that in the end, you are either right or pleasantly surprised
twinstead
Government Shill
Government Shill

Return to Announcements