Free energy strikes near home

This forum can be broken out into additional areas as topic trends begin to develop.

Free energy strikes near home

Postby Enzo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:38 am

One of my musical clients called the other day, "Hey Enzo, you are a technical kind of guy. A friend and I are looking into energy projects, and I wonder if I can hire you for your technical expertise."

(Scott, you know Paulie O?)

Maybe, what's up?

"Well, I am looking into hydrogen. A guy was telling us that applying high frequency energy to water at just the exact frequency will break it down into hydrogen and oxygen, and I am also looking into Stirling engines. I thought I could combine them to get over unity energy and..."

Oh no, as soon as I hear "unity" in an energy discussion, I can pretty much predict the rest.

Well, Paul, you don't need a frequency, you can make hydrogen with a battery and some water. What do you want to do with the hydrogen?

Some convoluted tale about splitting the water into hydrogen then using the hydrogen to make electricity to power his home. And oh yes, Stirling engines somehow will figure into it.

Um, why not take the electricity you used to make the hydrogen and just use that in your house?

Yeah but... I want to combine it with the Stirling engine to boost the efficiency.

Every time you convert energy from one form to another you lose some of it - no process is 100% efficient.

But there must be a way to combine them to...

I suggested he do an extensive energy audit of his home. List all the things that use energy, how much energy they use per unit measure, and how much of that thing does he use. After all, the hot water heater uses a lot of energy at once but off and on, while the refrigerator tends to use smaller amounts but all day long. The system for making one sort of energy may not be best for the other.

That ought to keep him busy.

I suggested he would also have to consider the time it would take to recoup in savings the cost of his systems. And he would do well to reduce energy use to its minimum first. Replace all your incandescent lights.

I am not so sure I want to be involved with this "project," on the other hand as a citizen I almost feel obligated to help keep him from playing in traffic.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:23 am

I think I know him from Elderly. If it's the guy I'm thinking of ... we should sell him a magnetic energy engine! :twisted:

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Re: Free energy strikes near home

Postby Мастер » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:18 am

Enzo wrote:I am not so sure I want to be involved with this "project," on the other hand as a citizen I almost feel obligated to help keep him from playing in traffic.

I often feel that way, but when they start telling me I'm just stupid and saying it won't work because I'm envious that I didn't come across this brilliant investment opportunity myself, that usually cures me. Then I tell them to go ahead and invest their life savings in it.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Free energy strikes near home

Postby Arneb » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:36 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote: Then I tell them to go ahead and invest their life savings in it.

Does that cure them?
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby KLA2 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:17 pm

Enzo, perhaps your client might be interested in buying this simple mechanical toy I made as a project in high school. It is a wheel suspended on an axle, ringed with hinged arms, without any power source. As it spins, the arms flop down in the direction of rotation (the downhill side) and fold up as they come up the uphill side. One other thing that makes this work is … anyway, I won’t bore you with details.

The problem with this toy is, once it starts, it just keeps going faster and faster. If I didn’t stop it, it would fly apart. It seems to me to therefore be practically useless, even dangerous. My physics teacher must have thought so because he yelled “get that thing AWAY from me”, and hyperventilated for ten minutes.

Let me know. :wink:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:45 pm

^ I, of course, was joking. But this article from The Toronto Star, is serious ... :shock:

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/Tech ... cle/300042

"At best it means a way of tapping the mysterious powers of electromagnetic fields to produce more work out of less effort, seemingly creating electricity from nothing."

http://www.thestar.com/Article/300041

"What I can say with full confidence is that our system violates the law of conservation of energy," he says.

"Now, is that perpetual motion? Will it end up being that?"
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:37 pm

At best it means a way of tapping the mysterious powers of electromagnetic fields to produce more work out of less effort, seemingly creating electricity from nothing.

There have been a lot of devices that seemingly create electricity from nothing. So far, none of them have actually done so.

What I can say with full confidence is that our system violates the law of conservation of energy

I do not share his confidence.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby KLA2 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:25 am

I agree with that, KOS. Nevertheless, I hope the scientific and engineering community will fairly assess this device. I would hate to see science become as dogma bound as religion.

Einstein was reviled by some for superceding (intuitively correct and easier to understand) Newtonian physics; nevertheless, it seems he was right. Good thing he was not marginalized and ignored.

If this works, it is very likely that it does so using current physics in a way we had not considered, rather than rewriting the laws of physics.

Big, big if.
:wink:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Arneb » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:33 pm

Or, asthis guylikes to put it: "Never invest in anything that violates a conservation law".
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 pm

Arneb wrote:Or, asthis guylikes to put it: "Never invest in anything that violates a conservation law".

There's no conservation of wealth principle :)
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby KLA2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:51 pm

^ Yes. These days, for the western world, more like entropy. :(
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm

KLA2 wrote:^ Yes. These days, for the western world, more like entropy. :(

That's a relatively short-term trend (of course, it could always continue). The western world's been in serious violation of entropy on this one for about 300 years, though :)
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby troubleagain » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:00 pm

::creates more entropy by blowing the dust and moths out of my wallet::
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:16 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
KLA2 wrote:^ Yes. These days, for the western world, more like entropy. :(

That's a relatively short-term trend (of course, it could always continue). The western world's been in serious violation of entropy on this one for about 300 years, though :)

Call me a greedy bastard, but I'd rather suck than blow. :wink:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby woowoo » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:40 am

I was under the impression that the big oil companies held on to free energy devices.
One such device is said not to use electromagnetic energy but magnets, this would use the stored potential energy of magnets to augment the electric motor turning the shaft connecting the fins towards the magnets.

Using the stored magnetic energy offsets the reduction in the lost energy from converting from one form of energy to another.

But as everyone know that's just a woowoo theory...
Agreeing with a woowoo, is how woowoos breed !!!.

How many woodchucks would wood chuck if wood could chuck woodchucks ?.
woowoo
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:45 am

I've been working at a big evil oil company for a little while now and I can attest to that. We have the free energy devices running everything. Lights, PCs, HVAC, everything. That's one reason why the profits are so high. No electric bill.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby troubleagain » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Now, Llance, no need to be yankin' woowoo's chain like that. :lol:
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:43 pm

No, really.

All those energy devices that Evil Oil™ buys or kills for are used by the companies themselves. It is a double-whammy.

Then ensure you don't get free energy while getting it all for themselves.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:01 am

Pfft! What Lance means to say is that he really is yet another minion in the employ of the LMS.

We run and own everything.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby woowoo » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:02 am

It's true, big evil oil really does have free energy devices !.
Not only that, but insider lied. A strange type a honey bee does not make oil, we really are running out of oil and so big evil oil has to start maintaining their big evil grip on the world's power supply by selling their 'big evil energy device !.'

I read all about it here.

woowoo
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah, they're cool. I have one under my desk at work. It runs my PC, pencil shaprener, electric stapler and desk lamp.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby woowoo » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Actually I've got the schmatic for one, I'll get around to building it one day...

woowoo
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby KLA2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:38 am

An update.

Heins gave the group a demonstration of his technology shortly at the Star’s story was published. Two months later Watson posted a critique online titled “In This Town We Obey The Law of Thermodynamics.” Yes, she admitted, the electrical motor does speed up without any increase in input power, but increased speed does not automatically mean an increase in mechanical work.

http://www.thestar.com/article/594471

What annoys me is that this device is not simply scientifically assessed under controlled conditions to determine whether it works or not.

I do not suggest that the laws of physics are wrong (like that upstart Einstein, or the absurdity of heavier-than-air flight)), only that those laws may work in yet undiscovered ways. Science must never be dogmatc.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Science must never be dogmatc.

I meant, dogmatic. Dogmatic. :roll:

And spelling. Scientists shud be gud spllers.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Science and Technology