Chart I Found

This forum can be broken out into additional areas as topic trends begin to develop.

Chart I Found

Postby Мастер » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:52 am

Here it is. I found it, and felt I should post it, just, well, because.

1920px-Leading_cause_of_death_world.png

Note that the chart clearly supports the idea that terrorism is the most serious existential crisis in the world today. Except for practically everything else.

The chart is from 2016; if it gets updated, I don't know whether coronavirus will get its own category, or be incorporated into one of the existing categories.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Chart I Found

Postby Arneb » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:42 am

Мастер wrote:Note that the chart clearly supports the idea that terrorism is the most serious existential crisis in the world today.

but we already knew that, righ?

If the measures to contain Corona are any good, it will probably appear well down below. It has a long ways to go before being able to attack TB, HIV and Malaria for sheer number of deaths. However, the closest comparison you can make from an infectious-disease perspective is probably with the "Spanish" flu of 1918-20. If it works out to be like that epidemiologically as well, you'd land at about 200 - 400 million deaths total. That would show in the chart. I don't think it'll be as bad, though.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Return to Science and Technology