Tens of Thousands of eye withnesses and hundreds of videos

Have you seen a UFO?

Tens of Thousands of eye withnesses and hundreds of videos

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:55 am

There was a UFO sighting out of Mexico that had me stumped for years. And this is a lesson to all of us. Just because a UFO remains a mystery for decades does not mean anything. It only means that a UFO remains a mystery for decades.

There were countless eye-witnesses all across Mexico when this UFO was seen in the sky. And literally hundreds of home videos were taken of this object and it sure looked like the real thing.

It clearly was shaped like a flying saucer and it clearly looked like it was spinning and it clearly looked even as if it was maybe spewing some sort of exhaust but that part was a little unclear.

And yes, it was an object in the sky and, yes it looked huge.

And it seemed to be hovering there. It seemed to move in some way that is alien. (Especially when the camera holder zoomed into the object -- becaus the hand would shake. But if you used your imagination you could think that it was moving around in a wired way). But mostly it just stayed there motionless.

Maybe I should stop right now and see if anyone can guess what it was.

When I saw the videos I was impressed and all I could think of was some sort of top secret spy craft and the USA was flying it over Mexico because for some reason they thought it would be more secure than flying it over the states. Or maybe it was a top secret drone or craft that had wondered off course.

Should I tell you what it was? Should I ruin all the fun of speculating that it was something extraterrestrial?

Oh the irony!! It WAS something extraterrestrial :lol: Yes, indeed! That is your first hint if you are trying to guess without reading further!

Here is your second hint. It was seen in many towns and cities in the same place in the sky at the same time. Hummmm....

Here is your third hint. It happened during a solar eclipse. (and NOOO it wasn't the moon or the sun "durka-durka-duh")

Here is our fourth hint. Modern hand-held camcorders try to focus automatically and do weird things with shadows and pixels when trying to grasp an image that is really really really far away and really really really big.

Here is your fifth hint. Most Mexicans don't do well with astronomy and when the sun is blocked out during a solar eclipse they are shocked when the third brightest object in the sky that is sometimes very close to earth (though often not) is very clear and actually can be viewed as having light and dark streaks across it when viewed with a pair of binoculars (or a zoom lenses on a cam corder) and, although is round, may have a wired shape to it because of the less light regions matching the sky.

A friend of mine figured it out by gathering up all the locations where people were when they recorded this image and what angle they pointed their camcorders. THen he put the data into a freeware program that shows the location in the sky of the planets and stars at a given date and time.

Goddess on the mountain top
Burning like a silver flame
The summit of beauty and love
And Venus was her name
Last edited by Bill_Thompson on Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Re: Tens of Thousands of eye withnesses and hundreds of vide

Postby Cl1mh4224rd » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:05 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:Here is your fifth hint. Most Mexicans don't do well with astronomy and when the sun is blocked out during a solar eclipse they are shocked when the third brightest object in the sky that is sometimes very close to earth (though often not) is very clear and actually can be viewed as having light and dark streaks across it when viewed with a pair of binoculars (or a zoom lenses on a cam corder) and, although is round, may have a wired shape to it because of the less light regions matching the sky.

Damn... it took me 5 hints before I realized it was Venus. :?
Cl1mh4224rd
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby gillianren » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:23 pm

I guessed it was Venus pretty quickly--I'd just like to point out that it isn't merely Mexicans who don't do well with astronomy. ask your friends what the nearest star to the Earth is if you don't believe me. (hint: it ain't Alpha Centauri!)
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby hazzard » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:38 pm

I just asked my GF and she answered -the sun.

Thank god. :)
I still await the compelling Exhibit A.
hazzard
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby gillianren » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:41 pm

my boyfriend took a really long time to answer. it turns out a) he couldn't remember what Alpha Centauri's called, despite the fact that I have the video game, and b) he assumed I couldn't mean the sun because it was such an obvious answer.
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Return to UFOs, Aliens and Extraterrestrial Intelligence