Gov. Symington saw UFO

Have you seen a UFO?

Gov. Symington saw UFO

Postby KLA2 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:10 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/11 ... index.html

"I now know that I am not alone. There are many high ranking military, aviation and government officials who share my concerns. While on active duty they have either witnessed a UFO incident or have conducted an official investigation into UFO cases relevant to aviation safety and national security.

By speaking out with me, these people are putting their reputations on the line. They have fought in wars, guarded top secret weapons arsenals and protected our nation's skies."

I do not know what to say.

When I was in my early teens and a big science fiction fan, I was sure that outer space aliens were visiting our world, that Yeti’s and Bigfoot’s (Bigfeet???) and the Loch Ness Monster existed.

In my declining years, with many years of experience, education and more knowledge of scientific realities, I have become very skeptical.

When I read an account from a person like this, it makes me rethink. {Lance, your experiences, and those of other credible people as well.}

Something seems to be going on.

Within the accepted laws of Einsteinien physics, travel from outside the solar system would take decades, or much longer. Such travel does not seem reasonable.

Yet I am humbled to read such accounts, from such people. I refuse to become as dogmatic as religionists. I strive to keep the open mind of a scientist.

I am somewhat puzzled.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Yep! I totally concur, Kla2.

I find myself perplexed when someone who I think is a rational, thinking being comes out with something that just makes me scratch my head. I also have trouble with those who I believe are idiots attempting to engage me in serious conversation about outrageous ideas.

It's difficult, to say the least.

However, this article from last week's Newsweek, does offer somewhat of an explanation to people's ... erm ... "delusions" in a concise, easy-to-read way. I copied it and posted it on the board at work. It's still there, by the way, but I'm not sure anyone's read it! :lol:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/62337

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

UFO's : The Psychocultural Hypothesis

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:42 pm

Here is a down to earth approach to little green men:
The Psychocultural Hypothesis

:glp-abduct:

The Truth Is Out There
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Return to UFOs, Aliens and Extraterrestrial Intelligence