UFO's disable US nuclear weapons

Have you seen a UFO?

UFO's disable US nuclear weapons

Postby KLA2 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:41 pm

... seven former air force officers who had been stationed at different nuclear defense bases around the country not only said they witnessed UFOs but that the UFOs were able to disable nuclear weapons.

http://dailywd.womansday.com/blog/2010/ ... ference%3A

When a bumkin in a pickup truck says he was teleported and probed, I consider the source.

I always have more trouble discounting the testimony of people a little more professional and trained, who seem to have more to lose than gain through disclosure. :-k
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:58 pm

There's an ongoing thread over at BAUT discussing this very thing. The basic counter-argument boils down to this: military folks, despite their training, are pretty much as fallible as bumpkins in pickup trucks.

Besides, I know a few bumpkins with pickup trucks. They're all decent, upstanding citizens, without any cause to lie - right?
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby KLA2 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:35 pm

MM_Dandy wrote:There's an ongoing thread over at BAUT discussing this very thing. The basic counter-argument boils down to this: military folks, despite their training, are pretty much as fallible as bumpkins in pickup trucks.

Besides, I know a few bumpkins with pickup trucks. They're all decent, upstanding citizens, without any cause to lie - right?

Right. I was generalizing and being unfairly glib. :oops:

Maybe Superluminal could weigh in on this. I would assume military (air force) training includes being able to identify potential targets, tell friend from foe, accurately estimate size and range, not to panic and other useful skills. I guess it depends on who those "military folks" are, as well.

Plus, being able to determine if the nuclear devices under their control are disabled or not (lets hope!) and what would constitute a routine malfunction.

I lack all those skills and training, so would have to be considered a "bumpkin in a pickup truck" under those circumstances. {An SUV, actually.} :lol:

ETA: Your comment is true. The vast majority of people who report encounters of any kind are upstanding citizens without reason or inclination to lie. Claims by those who are awake (driving or otherwise) at the time therefore give me pause. I cannot dismiss them all out of hand. Hence, this post.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:02 am

Interesting. The article is a couple inches long and says a few air force people claim something happened 40 years ago. Red lights outside the fence - I like that little detail - and then our nuclear weapons are disabled.

Uh huh.

I liked even more the comments. Immediately the standard collection of responses.

Hey Joe, I hear you had to fix the missle system today.

yeah?

Well I heard there was some red lights out past the fence.

No kidding? Must be UFOs.

I don't know that scuttlebutt has proven to be any more reliable than civilian gossip. IS it scuttlebutt in the air force too, ir is that just navy?

I am not a military guy, but I have this feeling that the guys down the hole don;t really know what the guys up top saw, and I imagine the guys up on the ground really don;t know all that much about the missle system under the ground. I think the military doesn;t want everyone in there to know all the details of any secire system. Hell, even the phone company doesn't let their tech staffs know the whole systems with few exceptions.

Military personnel is not generic. I suspect that figher pilots get very different training from the guys who drive a jeep around the fence all night and the guys who cook the chow. Some guys watch the sky, others watch a screen.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Ages ago a group of my Father-In-Law's peers (retired AF Colonels and Majors) were yakking about this 'n' that and the subject of UFOs came up. A couple of them were adamant they saw something (at different times), while others rolled their eyes and offered explanations. It was quite interesting to listen in, as it fed into my perception of the officer's personalities.

I suspect this is an example of the same: people observe and process data differently, based on their preconceived notions of what is and what isn't possible.
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:17 pm

A little more detail

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/27/uf ... =allsearch

And Robert Hastings has books and videos for sale on this topic ...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread537468/pg1

For me, it always comes back to physics. Unless physics is wrong, it would take hundreds to thousands of years for interstellar travel. That's a lot of time, just to peek in someone's window.

The only other possibilities are:

1) They are local. No habitable planets in this system, other than Earth.

2) They are from Earth. Yet they hide from us, and we cannot detect them. {Wait, we can ... that would be UFO's. :lol: }

I guess there are other possibilities if wou want to assume time or inter-dimensional travel, etc., but I prefer to stick with the physics we know.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:31 pm

KLA2 wrote:For me, it always comes back to physics. Unless physics is wrong, it would take hundreds to thousands of years for interstellar travel. That's a lot of time, just to peek in someone's window.

As I understand it, this is a matter of perspective. If a star is 100,000 light years away, it takes at least 100,000 years (if you can travel almost at the speed of light) to get there, from the perspective of the people you leave behind. From your own perspective, though, due to time-dilation effects, you will get there quite quickly. If you can travel close to the speed of light, you can get anywhere in the universe pretty quickly. However, everything you have left behind will have aged much more, and if you go back, you'll find eons have passed. So if you have the ability to travel at (1-epsilon)*c, then you can get anywhere you want quickly. But when you go back, the world you left behind is long gone.

There are presumably technological issues with travelling close to the speed of light. Somewhere (probably BAUT), there is a thread discussing the problem that even tiny bits of matter become extremely deadly when you fly into them at close to the speed of light.

Even if you can't travel close to the speed of light, we don't really know the nature of any extraterrestrial life that may exist. Maybe hundreds of thousands of years wouldn't be a long time for them.

All that said, I'm rather skeptical of the whole thing. Something happened, we're not sure what it was, there are things we are having trouble explaining. To conclude that it must be an alien spacecraft, well, I'm not sure that's the most likely explanation . . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby KLA2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:08 pm

Very good point about time dilation, however, it comes down to pesky physics again. I remember reading that, as speed approaches c, the energy required to accelerate matter approaches infinity.

To attain even a fraction of c would take a lot of energy/time, then just as much again to slow down at the other end. :wink:

Perhaps to an immortal life form (quite possible), a trip of 100,000 or even a million years might seem feasible - if they got bored, they could sing that old standby, "10 billion bottles of beer on the wall" all the way. :lol:

Space is an unfriendly, unforgiving place, however. Such voyages seem unlikely within accepted laws of physics.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:24 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Ages ago a group of my Father-In-Law's peers (retired AF Colonels and Majors) were yakking about this 'n' that and the subject of UFOs came up. A couple of them were adamant they saw something (at different times), while others rolled their eyes and offered explanations. It was quite interesting to listen in, as it fed into my perception of the officer's personalities.

I suspect this is an example of the same: people observe and process data differently, based on their preconceived notions of what is and what isn't possible.

Very good point, BM65, and what a great story to put this in perspective!

Enzo, insightful and logically skeptical as always. Dissecting blobby thinking and holding up the pieces to the cold light of scrutiny. 8)

Still, people keep seeing these things. Even if 98% can be explained away, there is that tantalizing 2%.

NOT to say it is "little green men". People need to know, want to know - what is it? :shock: :lol:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:39 am

KLA2 wrote:I remember reading that, as speed approaches c, the energy required to accelerate matter approaches infinity.

This is correct.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:19 am

A subtle distinction to be made. people keep seeing things. Seing THESE things is a little too specific for me. How many times have I heard "Yeah I saw it too," and then the descriptions are not remotely the same. Red light behind the hill becomes "spacecraft" far to easily.

When I am assisting people with troubleshooting their sound systems online someone may complain, "Our system went dead, no lights, no sign of life." and then someone else chimes in "Yeah, the exact same thing happened to me, the sound got real distorted." How can the sound be distorted if the thing is not functioning at all as in dead?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby hazzard » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:22 am

Go back about ten or so pages on this thread and listen to James Carlson talk about "aliens shutting down nukes".

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/fo ... 3&st=20835
I still await the compelling Exhibit A.
hazzard
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Superluminal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:20 am

KLA2 wrote:
MM_Dandy wrote:There's an ongoing thread over at BAUT discussing this very thing. The basic counter-argument boils down to this: military folks, despite their training, are pretty much as fallible as bumpkins in pickup trucks.

Right. I was generalizing and being unfairly glib. :oops:

Maybe Superluminal could weigh in on this. I would assume military (air force) training includes being able to identify potential targets, tell friend from foe, accurately estimate size and range, not to panic and other useful skills. I guess it depends on who those "military folks" are, as well.

Plus, being able to determine if the nuclear devices under their control are disabled or not (lets hope!) and what would constitute a routine malfunction.

I lack all those skills and training, so would have to be considered a "bumpkin in a pickup truck" under those circumstances. {An SUV, actually.} :lol:

ETA: Your comment is true. The vast majority of people who report encounters of any kind are upstanding citizens without reason or inclination to lie. Claims by those who are awake (driving or otherwise) at the time therefore give me pause. I cannot dismiss them all out of hand. Hence, this post.

Sorry, I must have overlooked this thread until now. I do remember an incident at Kadena AB Okinawa, about 1978, Venus was very low on the eastern horizon just before sunrise. Several people report it to Central Security Control. A law enforcement patrol was dispatched to investigate and chased Venus across several rice patty's. I was standing in front of a guard house watching as clouds blew in front of Venus giving the appearance it was popping in and out of the clouds. After work that morning, several of the guys were talking and speculating on what it was: flying saucer, secret Soviet spy vehicle etc. I made the mistake of telling them exactly what it was. They looked at me as if I was crazy. :roll: And I worked with a lot of guys who weren't much more than bumkins themselves, they just had an AF uniform.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:07 am

So, did they catch it?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby KLA2 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:14 am

Mactep wrote:So, did they catch it?

Almost. A pursuit craft launched by Japan, having caught it, then failed under mysterious circumstances ... no doubt the victim of fiendish, but superior, alien technology ...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld ... 7748.story

:wink:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:30 am

Mactep wrote:So, did they catch it?

No, unfortunatly the patrol came upon the base perimeter fence and had to give up the chase. Otherwise, I'm sure they would have caught something. :P
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Well presumably that UFO came back the next morning.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to UFOs, Aliens and Extraterrestrial Intelligence