Debunking Planet X - By the Numbers

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

Debunking Planet X - By the Numbers

Postby Bob B. » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:07 am

I’ve recently gotten involved in a Planet X thread on the GLP forum.

http://godlikeproductions.com/bbs/messa ... 72&topic=3

Thankfully I’ve never gotten involved in such discussions in the past so I knew little about Planet X. Much to my amazement I was told Planet X is currently right in front of the Sun shrouded in a cloud of dust. Of course anyone who knows anything about celestial mechanics, which I do, will tell you it is impossible for a planet to maintain such a position indefinitely. I was also given information about the planet itself, such as orbital period, diameter, and mass. Being an engineering geek I decided to put paper to pencil and perform a few calculations.

Below is a copy of a post I just made to the GLP thread. I’m reproducing a copy of it here in case anyone wants to use the information in a future debate. Sadly, I doubt the data will have much affect on those reading at GLP. The Planet X believers over there have very little grasp on reality. I think some of them deny science even exists.

Here’s something for you to ponder…

According to Zetatalk and other Internet sources, Planet X supposedly has a period of 3,657 years. If true, this gives PX a semi-major axis of about 35 billion kilometers. Based on what I’ve read in this thread, PX is supposedly somewhere near the Sun and inside the orbit of Earth. (It has to be inside Earth’s orbit to appear in front of the Sun as some have claimed.) I don’t know how close PX is supposed to get to the Sun, so I’ll make a guess and say it has a perihelion of 0.5 AU, or 74.8 million kilometers. According to User #78/68, “the Zetas via Nancy say Planet X is 4 times larger than Earth in diameter and is 14 times more in mass”. So here’s what we allegedly know about Planet X:

Diameter = 51,000 km
Mass = 8.36x10^25 kg
Density = 1.20 g/cc
Orbital period = 3,657 years
Semi-major axis = 35,440,000,000 km
Eccentricity = 0.99789

The diameter and mass are nearly the same as the planet Uranus. Uranus is a faint naked eye object in our night sky; however, if you were to move it to, say, the orbit of Mars, it would outshine everything in the sky except the Sun and Moon.

The science of celestial mechanics also tells us that PX would be racing along at nearly 60 kilometers per second as it reaches perihelion (0.5 AU). If we saw it cross the face of the Sun during its perihelion passage, this transit would take less than 4.5 hours. PX would slow little as it speeds through the inner solar system. It would cross Earth’s orbit, swing past the Sun, and then head outward, again crossing Earth’s orbit. The elapsed time between the two Earth orbit crossings would be only 78 days, during which PX would revolve halfway around the Sun.

How do I know all this? Because I’ve committed a great deal of my lifetime to studying the science, and because I’ve performed the calculations. Planet X’s passage through the inner solar system would be very rapid and short lived. This is based on the information provided by Nancy Lieder herself. All this talk of PX loitering around by the Sun is utter lunacy. It is a scientific impossibility.

EDIT: The above has been revised per the following:
1) Orbital period changed from 3,600 years to 3,657 years.
2) Assumed perihelion changed from 1/3 AU to 1/2 AU.
Last edited by Bob B. on Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webmaster, Rocket & Space Technology

Skeptics are the consumer advocates in the marketplace of ideas -JayUtah
Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby PhantomWolf » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:32 am

Ahhh, but you are using the incorrect Earth physics, Nancy is using the never wrong (unless they are telling a white lie) Zeta physics.
JayUtah wrote:It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality.
PhantomWolf
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Bob B. » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:56 am

PhantomWolf wrote:Ahhh, but you are using the incorrect Earth physics, Nancy is using the never wrong (unless they are telling a white lie) Zeta physics.

Is this the same physics that allows a planet the size of Uranus to hang out in front of the Sun for days, weeks, or months, but we can't see it because it is shrouded in a massive dust cloud.

When I heard that one I about fell out of my chair. It's like saying you can make your car completely invisible by throwing a tarp over it. So instead of seeing a planet silhouetted against the Sun, we see a big opaque dust cloud silhouetted against the Sun. Like that won't draw attention. :roll:

Based on my brief exposure to them, I'm thinking those Planet X people may be some of the most wacky of all the woo woos.

Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby PhantomWolf » Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:46 am

Bob B. wrote:
PhantomWolf wrote:Ahhh, but you are using the incorrect Earth physics, Nancy is using the never wrong (unless they are telling a white lie) Zeta physics.

Is this the same physics that allows a planet the size of Uranus to hang out in front of the Sun for days, weeks, or months, but we can't see it because it is shrouded in a massive dust cloud.

When I heard that one I about fell out of my chair. It's like saying you can make your car completely invisible by throwing a tarp over it. So instead of seeing a planet silhouetted against the Sun, we see a big opaque dust cloud silhouetted against the Sun. Like that won't draw attention. :roll:

Based on my brief exposure to them, I'm thinking those Planet X people may be some of the most wacky of all the woo woos.

It's a special cloaking dust that makes it totally invisible to everything but cheap webcams and layered welder lenses. See Nancy's claim is that gravity has both an attractive and repulsive force acting in union. The attactive force keeps us from flying off into space while the repulsive force stops us from plumeting into the sun. The planets move about the sun because of large invisable "sweeping arms." Earth and Planet X have jumped off their "sweeping arm" and so are stationary currently because nothing is pushing them around the sun. This totally proves that all of your physics is totally wrong, so your equations mean nothing. Now we're just waiting for the day that Planet X trips over so it's pole faces us because then the Earth will tilt to match it, just like a bar magnet does and everyone who doesn't believe nancy weill die, washed away by the rising oceans and tidal waves. (or eaten by their pets which will go mad because of the pole shift.)

Of course I totally agree with you, anyone that actually believes it is way, way, way out there, but when debunking you have to realise just how wacko Nancy really is.
PhantomWolf
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby twinstead » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:38 am

And then the latest post:

appreciate all the posts, even if they are yay or nay. SOme are confusing that if you believe in PX then you automatically think like me, which is not the case I am after... and there are the others who understand that my view point is something different but thats just me! I love that! That is tolerance and an understanding, not something to hate or judge me on...

Thank you for posting, positive or negative I am really happy. Arthur, back in the day I had more time, just like Blueskeyes and Scorpion back in the day, whom I miss "threading" with very much... they didnt judge me... but were my friends...
*sigh*
And to all with thoughts and peace my way, the same back at you, and for those that think "outside the box"... the same! One day we could unite and be more then just you and me... and I long for that day. Peace will come...

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

which is woo woo speak for "I've been spanked. Thank you sir, may I have another"
AKA DogFishHead on GLP

The great thing about being a cynic is that in the end, you are either right or pleasantly surprised
twinstead
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby PhantomWolf » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:38 am

Why do these people equate thinking outside the box with thinking without their brains?
PhantomWolf
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Cl1mh4224rd » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:05 am

Bob B. wrote:... we can't see it because it is shrouded in a massive dust cloud.

Hehe. Magical Fairy Dust...
Cl1mh4224rd
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Disinfo Agent » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:48 pm

i didnt actually realise how weird people are until i took part in this thread - it is beyond belief

i resign from ever taking part in planet x discusions ever again !

:(
Disinfo Agent
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bob B. » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:43 pm

Disinfo Agent wrote:i didnt actually realise how weird people are until i took part in this thread - it is beyond belief

Mind-boggling, isn't it? I only stumbled into the thread because I recognized the name of the original poster. I had answered a Mars question for the same person a couple days prior.

All I previously new about Planet X was that an alleged 10th (12th?) planet was headed our way and was about to wreck havoc. I knew nothing about the Zetas and this supposed "new" science. A person has to be completely bonkers to believe this story. Just look at prerequisite belief: humans are in telepathic communication with an alien race called the Zetas. That alone is nuts. Now add on top of that a belief in a myterious planet the size of Uranus moving through the inner solar system undetected and performing impossible maneuvers because it obeys laws of physics not yet know by modern man. Unbelievable!

Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby PhantomWolf » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:50 am

It why I never bothered going after Nancy on GLP. She's just plainly out of her tree. There's a lot of stuff in the PX section on the BABB. Grant however often tried using real physics to make his points (he made up a lot of crap too) so it was at least possible to tie him down and beat his with a text book when it come down to it. Still he seems to have, for now bowed out, just returning now and then to snipe and run, whereas Nancy.... well.... she's just losing it more and more.
PhantomWolf
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Bob B. » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:20 pm

PhantomWolf wrote:It why I never bothered going after Nancy on GLP. She's just plainly out of her tree.

Any chance she's not serious?

Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Disinfo Agent » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:16 pm

do you think ST in BG really believes he is an alien or do you think he is trolling ?

**Oh Would You Like A Holoprojection Of This !! ... We Can Show You Aboard Ship ... But Unfortunately We Cannot Share This Information As Such On Your World ... As You Do Not As Of Yet Have This Technology !!

**No !! ... I Know My Energies Are Not Of/From This World !! ... Most Specifically From The Embodiment That I Last Had ... My Connections Are Stongest With The Zeta Reticulians ("Zetas")... Of Which In Many Visitations They Have Told Me As Much !!

**Yes Indeed !! ... We Do Have A "Ship Of Fools" ... Ornery Ornery Fun Loving Mischevious Beings !! ... Hee Hee Hee !!! ... Who Are Highly Intelligent & Excellent "Clownish Healers" !! ... *We Admire Such Individuals On Terra/Earth That Are "Labeled" As Fools !! ... For As The Termed Fool Is No Fool !! ... They Know Danger Exists But They Do Take Precaution & Safeguards !! ... They Have The Adventurous Spirit & Like To Explore Beyond The Canvas That Others Paint !! ... It Is These Beings Who Are Highly Sought After !! ... Are Excellent Volunteers !! ... And Love/Enjoy Helping Out With The Many Ongoing Projects !!

this is beyond GLP even .
Disinfo Agent
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bob B. » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:28 pm

I haven't been paying any attention to ST in BG; his/her posts are just too annoying and hard to read. Based on the few snippets posted here, he/she sounds like a troll or a real nut case. I don’t know which, though my guess is troll.

Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby PhantomWolf » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:58 am

Bob B. wrote:
PhantomWolf wrote:It why I never bothered going after Nancy on GLP. She's just plainly out of her tree.

Any chance she's not serious?

I suppose there is a very slim chance she isn't serious, but I'd say it's extremely slim. From what I have heard from others who have been in contact with her personally, she is serious.
PhantomWolf
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby umop ap!sdn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:43 pm

Your sig is so appropriate to that post. :D
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby gillianren » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:21 am

I dunno; everything I've heard about her indicates that Nancy has some pretty serious psychological problems. (didn't she put her dog to sleep out of fear of PX?) let me tell you something, boys and girls: serious psychological problems aren't fun. if she were just loopy, it'd be fun. but I think she might be schizophrenic, which isn't. it's even less fun for those around you, too (one of those weirdly accurate Tarot readings to which I occasionally refer said, in essence, "get back on your meds, you freak").
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bob B. » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Does anyone know if Nancy ever engages in dialog with users at GLP? I noticed she started a thread today and I'm thinking about playing the part of an intrigued party seeking additional information. Do you think she'd reply to me? If she's the type to just drop in, post her bovine excrement and then leave, well then I won't bother.

Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:39 pm

I don't think she answers people there anymore because most just call her an idiot. I don't think there are even many GLPers that listen to her these days.

You may have better luck on the End of Days Message Board.

(If you try, be sure to post a link)
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:32 pm

Lance wrote:I don't think she answers people there anymore because most just call her an idiot. I don't think there are even many GLPers that listen to her these days.

So even GLP has standards. Remarkable.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Lance wrote:I don't think she answers people there anymore because most just call her an idiot. I don't think there are even many GLPers that listen to her these days.

So even GLP has standards. Remarkable.

Isn't it though?

Of course, the phrase "Zetas, right again" does still show up now and then, in a context that isn't a joke.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Lance wrote:Of course, the phrase "Zetas, right again" does still show up now and then, in a context that isn't a joke.

A reason why I won't post there. I get enough oddballs, goofs, sociopaths, etc., strolling through my life already. I don't need to go out on the internet looking for more. But this site seems a relatively woo-free zone.

Nice llama there. Is it still impossible to find parking at Naperville train station?
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:20 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:A reason why I won't post there. I get enough oddballs, goofs, sociopaths, etc., strolling through my life already. I don't need to go out on the internet looking for more. But this site seems a relatively woo-free zone.

So I gather you would consider yourself a "debunker" if you had to make a choice?

May I ask how you found us? Just curious.

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Nice llama there. Is it still impossible to find parking at Naperville train station?

Thanks.

On the rare occasions I go there it's usually to pick up or drop off. Yeah, parking sux. The Route 59 station is a little better though.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:29 pm

Lance wrote:So I gather you would consider yourself a "debunker" if you had to make a choice?

Don't believe in Planet X, that the world is secretly ruled by the Council for Foreign Relations, that the World Trade Center attacks were carried out by the New World Order, that Stanley Kubrick filmed the fake Apollo Landings, or anything like that. There are conspiracies out there, but they're usually a lot less glamorous and a lot narrower in scope than these :D

May I ask how you found us? Just curious.

I saw several references to Illuminati-R-Us at BABB, where I am montebianco. I thought it was a joke until someone posted a link.

Edit - spelling (twice)
Last edited by Мастер on Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bob B. » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:43 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:I saw several references to Illumninati-R-Us at BABB, where I am montebianco. I thought it was a joke until someone posted a link.

That was me who posted the link. I'm glad you decided to drop in; rational thinkers are always welcomed here.

Bob B.
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:05 pm

Bob B. wrote:That was me who posted the link.

Yep, that's the one.

I'm glad you decided to drop in; rational thinkers are always welcomed here.

Thanks, I'll try not to do anything to disappoint you in that regard :D

I have seen you at BABB, which is pretty tightly moderated, and some other fora, but I think I really just lack the patience to deal with some of the more curious characters who pass through some of these places. And it doesn't seem like arguing with them does much good. Now, if I could figure out a way to take advantage of them, they might actually learn something from that...
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Next

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes