Space hoaxers

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

Space hoaxers

Postby Enzo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:39 am

So I was thinking - yes, always dangerous - one piece of evidence that the moon landings were a hoax is the glove. The guy has a gubber glove in a sealed box. He can pick up a coin or something in the box with it. Then he turns on the vacuum pump and vacates the box. The glove of course now has 15psi air filling it against the vacuum in the box. Now the glove is apparently too stiff to pick up the coin. Thus he claims the astronauts could not have manipulated their space suit gloves to do anything.

Of course the space suit gloves are not stiff rubber and the suits are not holding 15psi.

My query is: so then do they also think the space shuttle and all related programs are ALSO hoaxes? That the Hubble space telescope does not exist? That the ISS does not exist? After all, all these things require men in space suits to go out and manipulate things.

Or do they just ignore this inconsistency in their theory along with the others?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:45 am

IIRC, the suits the Apollo astronauts wore were only 5 or 6 PSI. Much of the epuipment they used was designed to be set up by someone wearing bulky gloves. Later missions had redisigned gloves with special finger tips to give the astronauts greater ability to do their work.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:19 am

Right, but what do the hoaxers thing about these space faring operations since the gloves were a reason we couldn;t have gone to the moon?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby MM_Dandy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 pm

I think you could put the glove hoaxers into two camps: the ones that further posit that all space missions with human EVAs are hoaxed, and those that are either unaware of or ignore manned EVA missions outside of the moon landings.

Edited to add: A possible third group might argue that we didn't have the technology to have flexible gloves until sometime after the moon landings, so older EVAs were hoaxed while current ones are not.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:18 am

Oh, I like the third one - the ever-shifting position.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:05 pm

This one is just pathetic:

http://www.universetoday.com/2008/10/28 ... rtsleeves/

I mean, it's obvious that's not the moon. The most transparent hoax in history.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby KLA2 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Oh, so many obvious flaws.

1) Who zips up the back of the second astronauts' suit before undocking?

2) I see no turn signal indicators on the vehicle. Probably does not have a working horn, either.

3) With no atmosphere on the moon, can you imagine the sunburn that will result from sticking an albow out the side window ... in shirtsleeves? (Probably short-sleeved, or rolled up if I know astronauts.)

Oh, I could go on ... :roll:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 am

I don't know, has it definitely been proven the moon is free of shrubbery? There is a whole other side to the place we never see, y'know.

Besides, did they specify WHICH moon it was?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes