Illuminati preparing a nuclear attack

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

Illuminati preparing a nuclear attack

Postby sakuraba » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:54 pm

Hi.
This is my first post in this forum.
Some of the folks in GLP are going crazy over this. The thread with this topic was started in July, but it has gained importance as August has come around. The government are preparing a "drill" on a nuclear attack. Since there are claims that drills were taking place in 9/11 and 7/7, this is being considered as an indication that a nuclear attack will take place. Here are a couple of links talking about it:

http://www.rense.com/general67/eex.htm

http://www.northcom.mil/index.cfm?fusea ... 34AFE33114

Did drills really take place in the previous attacks? And do you think there's something to worry about?
The Kids next door set a bad example for kids. They suck. Everybody knows it.

The delightful children rule!!!
sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Lance » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum sakuraba.

I don't know for sure if there were drills going on on 9/11 or 7/7, but I do know that there have been "terror drills" since 9/11 and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. While diligence in "The New Normal" is always a good thing, I don't think having a drill should cause undue concern.

Perhaps others can provide more detail about 9/11 and 7/7 specifically for you.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Mr. Manly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:22 pm

I can't speak to whether there were exercises on 9/11 or 7/7 but I do know that the fearmongers on GLP throw this out everytime an exercise is announced. As you know there have been numerous exercises since 9/11 but no more attacks. I say be vigilant as you normally would but take warnings from GLP with a grain of salt as the track record there is 0 for like 1000 for accuracy.
Got my jackboots polished and woo-woo bashin' on my mind.
Mr. Manly
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:23 pm

Mr. Manly wrote:As you know there have been numerous exercises since 9/11 but no more attacks.

Well, no more attacks in the US. Plenty of attacks elsewhere, although none as "successful" as the 9/11 attacks...
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby sakuraba » Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:04 am

Mr. Manly wrote:I can't speak to whether there were exercises on 9/11 or 7/7 but I do know that the fearmongers on GLP throw this out everytime an exercise is announced. As you know there have been numerous exercises since 9/11 but no more attacks. I say be vigilant as you normally would but take warnings from GLP with a grain of salt as the track record there is 0 for like 1000 for accuracy.

I know GLP isn't reliable but I would like to know if the drills in 9/11 and 7/7 really took place.

sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Superluminal » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:04 am

The military and most gov. agencies are always making plans and having drills, especially since 911. Just because theyr'e having a drill, doesn't mean an attack is immanent.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:42 am

But the OP wants to know if there were drills on 9/11 and 7/7.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby sakuraba » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:38 pm

This washington post article is being used by conspiracy theorists to say that as soon as the nuclear attack ocurrs, martial law will be established and the USA will be turned into a dicatatorship by a coup of the military :shock: . this military involvement proves it according to them.

sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Superluminal » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:58 pm

Down here in the south we're used to the Army Guard coming in after tornado's hit small towns and securing the area, arresting looters and restoring order. Of course a nuke would be a tornado Xs what, about a million? Assuming the gov. not totally destroyed, I believe martial law would be terminated as soon as order could be restored. It won't be 2 or 3 days like a bad storm. I'm more worried about the reaction of people in general. Reprisals against Muslims and such.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby sakuraba » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:16 am

Superluminal wrote:Down here in the south we're used to the Army Guard coming in after tornado's hit small towns and securing the area, arresting looters and restoring order. Of course a nuke would be a tornado Xs what, about a million? Assuming the gov. not totally destroyed, I believe martial law would be terminated as soon as order could be restored. It won't be 2 or 3 days like a bad storm. I'm more worried about the reaction of people in general. Reprisals against Muslims and such.

It depends on the kind of nukes. Suitcase nukes wouldn't do such a catastrophic damage as warheads. But local governments could be destroyed and martial law would last long. I just hope they don't use warheads as the destruction would be bigger. Even then, it would depend on the amount of kilotons the weapon/weapons was made of :(

sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Bill EE » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:13 am

I don't know if there was a drill on those days but I can tell you that there is a "drill" or "wargame" almost every week somewhere in the government. It doesn't mean anything. The GLP woo woo also say that Standard Operating Procedures were not followed on 9/11 - that is a crock. What is SOP for people using planes as missiles - the US government SOP for hijacking is to try and get the hijackers to land the plane on US soil and attempt a rescue. Chase planes are not to threaten the plane so that you did not scare the hijackers into doing something really bad. 9/11 couldn't happen today because we know - no passenger is going to sit still while some jerks crash the planes but that is now.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:17 am

sakuraba wrote:It depends on the kind of nukes. Suitcase nukes wouldn't do such a catastrophic damage as warheads. But local governments could be destroyed and martial law would last long. I just hope they don't use warheads as the destruction would be bigger. Even then, it would depend on the amount of kilotons the weapon/weapons was made of :(

Anything can happen, in Syria there has been martial law for 40 years, and they didn't have any kind of nuke explode there...
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby sakuraba » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:22 pm

On a side note I read in a woowoo site that the earth could be destroyed if you place hydrogen boms in strategic points and blow them up as the would make the earth oscillate and shatter. But we have had volcanic explosions stronger than the explosions of many nukes and the earth didn't oscillate. I think the woowoo made his opinion based on some tesla's idea:

A technique that has been around since the turn of the 20th century was proposed by Nicola Tesla where the Earth is set oscilating. Each time the wave returns you pump more energy into the oscilation so that the amplitude gets higher each time until the Earth shatters. Nuclear detonations would have enough energy so that the oscilations would not be lost to friction. Equipment is currently available to do it now. Frequency of the Earth is about 4-6 hours so detonating all available nuclear weapons in harmony with the Earth's frequency would take about 6 years to reach sufficient amplitude to shatter the Earth.

I think the placing on strategic points is false since the oscillation wouldn't be strong enough or last enough to shatter the planet. And the tesla proposed way would require careful planning and 6 years! Woowoos of the site believe a nuclear war could do this. Yeah, right, I am sure the nuclear nations would be more worried with increasing the wave's intensity and keeping up with the earth's frequency rather than destroying military targets :roll: . A nuclear war would be over quickly considering MAD.

But I guess some people need something to always give them a scare.

Had anybody here read this tesla's idea? Why did he mention it? If someone could enlighten me, I would really appreciate it.

sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Lance » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:26 pm

Setting the Earth oscillating by setting off nukes for six years?

Well...

I guess if you were real quiet no one would notice.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Superluminal » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:11 am

KOS Wrote
in Syria there has been martial law for 40 years

But before that was Syria a stable democracy? Or have a constitution to fall back on after what ever crisis past? Or was that when the Assads siezed power for themselves?
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:04 am

Superluminal wrote:KOS Wrote
in Syria there has been martial law for 40 years

But before that was Syria a stable democracy?

Not really :) Generally turbulent from independence in the 1940s until 1958, including several coups. In 1958, there was a union with Egypt, that lasted until 1961 (United Arab Republic). Then they withdrew, and the Baath party had a coup in 1963. This is when the martial law was declared.

Or have a constitution to fall back on after what ever crisis past?

There was a constitution, but they have actually adopted a new constitution and contemplated union with Egypt and Iraq while under martial law :)

Or was that when the Assads siezed power for themselves?

Well, it was when the Baath party took over. Papa Assad didn't have his coup until 1970.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Superluminal » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:52 am

With America's history, I think if we were forced to declare martial law, we would have a pretty good chance of returning to normal. Look back at our cival war. If we survived that we should be able to deal with a few months of martial law.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:55 pm

Superluminal wrote:With America's history, I think if we were forced to declare martial law, we would have a pretty good chance of returning to normal. Look back at our cival war. If we survived that we should be able to deal with a few months of martial law.

Let's hope so.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby gillianren » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:39 pm

Gillian's handy anti-woo-woo tips, part something:

when they invoke Tesla, be afraid. now, Nikola Tesla did some marvelous things, heaven knows, but he seems to have slipped into mental illness later in life. (spent his last years talking to squirrels, apparently.) your average woo-woo's going to cite a lot from the mentally ill years, hoping you'll assume it's from the on top of the field years.
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby sakuraba » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:41 pm

I am not so good with debunking or answering to woowoos, but tell me if this is correct please:

Although Tesla mentioned that to explode weapons with the frequency of the earth every time the wave comes back, over a long period of time could produce the effect of shattering the earth, an all-out nuclear war would not produce such effect since the explosions would not coincide with the earth's frequency and most importantly, the explosions would be spread in different places, therefore not allowing the energy to focus on making a stronger wave that could shatter the earth. A nuclear war would also not last long enough for the wave to cause the shattering of earth, since the exhange would be spread and quick, rather than focused on a spot, timed and long.

Does this look like a good answer to give to the woowoo?

sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:49 pm

sakuraba wrote:I am not so good with debunking or answering to woowoos,

I'm not either. I don't know if anyone really is...

but tell me if this is correct please:

Although Tesla mentioned that to explode weapons with the frequency of the earth every time the wave comes back, over a long period of time could produce the effect of shattering the earth, an all-out nuclear war would not produce such effect since the explosions would not coincide with the earth's frequency and most importantly, the explosions would be spread in different places, therefore not allowing the energy to focus on making a stronger wave that could shatter the earth. A nuclear war would also not last long enough for the wave to cause the shattering of earth, since the exhange would be spread and quick, rather than focused on a spot, timed and long.

Does this look like a good answer to give to the woowoo?

It sounds correct to me, but I will not claim any particular expertise in this area. But even if it is absolutely correct and to the point, it may not have the slightest effect, depending on the particular species of woo you are dealing with...
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill EE » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:59 pm

[engineer mode]
Well the other problem is that "shattering" something a its resonance frequency requires that object not have a lot of losses at that frequency. For example, if a opera singer hit the resonance frequency of a glass, and can hold it long enough, it will shatter. This occurs because the glass is a good conductor of vibrations (sound travels in to with little loss). At the resonance frequency the vibration enter on one side of the glass and are reflected back into the glass at the other side (due the mismatch between the glass and the air). This creates a standing wave whose energy is constantly increasing as long as the singer keeps hitting the right note. The nice thing about this technique is you can exchange time for power. You send a signal with less power than required to shatter something but you send it for a much longer time. The energy build up in the target until it shatters.

The earth is not a homogenous structure so it doesn't have a single resonance frequency to hit. In addition, while the earth conducts vibrations fairly well it certainly isn't lossless. Tesla was, I believe, talking about using EM wave to do the job - the earth is even less lossless for EM waves.
[/engineer mode]
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby sakuraba » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:59 am

Bill EE wrote:[engineer mode]
Well the other problem is that "shattering" something a its resonance frequency requires that object not have a lot of losses at that frequency. For example, if a opera singer hit the resonance frequency of a glass, and can hold it long enough, it will shatter. This occurs because the glass is a good conductor of vibrations (sound travels in to with little loss). At the resonance frequency the vibration enter on one side of the glass and are reflected back into the glass at the other side (due the mismatch between the glass and the air). This creates a standing wave whose energy is constantly increasing as long as the singer keeps hitting the right note. The nice thing about this technique is you can exchange time for power. You send a signal with less power than required to shatter something but you send it for a much longer time. The energy build up in the target until it shatters.

The earth is not a homogenous structure so it doesn't have a single resonance frequency to hit. In addition, while the earth conducts vibrations fairly well it certainly isn't lossless. Tesla was, I believe, talking about using EM wave to do the job - the earth is even less lossless for EM waves.
[/engineer mode]

When you are talking about resonance , you refer to the oscillation caused by the explosion, right? The woowoo mentioned that the impact wave of the explosion would send the earth oscillating and if the nuclear weapons were to continue exploding with the frequency of the earth (4-6 hours, I don't know if this is true), the oscillation would make it shatter. The resonance you are talking about is the movement of the oscillation right?

sakuraba
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Bill EE » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:29 pm

Let me try a different approach. Take a rubber ball and drop it on a hard surface. Let's assume no loss occurs and the ball bounces back to your hand. At the point it reaches your had it has exactly the same amount of energy that it had when you dropped it (the potential energy). When it gets back to your had you strike it downwards adding more energy to the ball (kinetic energy). The next time it bounces up higher than your hand originally was because of the additional energy you added with the strike. If you strike it again (at the peak of the bounce) it would bounce higher (and so on).

Now take your example - a nuclear weapons is exploded on the earth's surface. A fraction of the total energy is shed into the earth as an impulse. Being very simple here - that impulse travels through the earth to the other side where it is reflected back. If you detonated other nuclear weapons exactly when the original impulse reached back to the source you will add to the impulse's energy. The time period between detonations would be the inverse of the resonance frequency of the earth. You keep doing this the energy could build to the point of causing significant damage (take opera singer and wine glass for example).

Here is the problem - losses in the path of the impulse will eat up the energy. Going back to the ball story - replace the ball with a round blob of putty. When you drop the putty instead of bouncing is goings splat on the floor. All the energy is absorbed. In the case of the earth the energy is absorbed and scattered by the structure of the earth. That is why when we shake in California - they do not feel the same shaking in China (or where ever the other side of the earth from California is located). They can measure an effect but it is a very small fraction of the total energy of the original earthquake. To compensate the woo-woo would have to use such big nuclear weapons they would probably shatter the earth with the direct effect before the could reach a failure by resonance.

The same holds true for Tesla's concept of using the resonance between the surface of the earth and the ionosphere. The losses would be greater than any gain achieved.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:12 pm

Bill EE wrote:Let me try a different approach. ...

Okay Bill EE. Let me know if the new rank suits you.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Next

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes