Electronic Devices on Airplanes

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:27 pm

gillianren wrote:right, so that's an exception. they happen. but the average flight isn't transpacific or held up by hijackers, right?

I was not aware that, before making a phone call, I should clear it with you first, to make sure it is important enough.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Candy » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:53 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
gillianren wrote:right, so that's an exception. they happen. but the average flight isn't transpacific or held up by hijackers, right?

I was not aware that, before making a phone call, I should clear it with you first, to make sure it is important enough.

You do if you are going to be wearing that hat! :lol:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby gillianren » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:16 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:

sigh. I just think it's rude, that's all, and I know I'm far from the only one. why is it rude? well, for one, people talk louder on cell phones. it has also been pointed out that it's harder to tune out half a conversation than a whole one. further, there are people who have to look at someone when they talk, and they will, as far as anyone can work out, pick someone random to stare at, which is more than a little unnerving.

I'm tired of cell phones being everywhere. they actually had to warn participants at Ren Faire this month not to be on their cell phones in full view of the public, for heaven's sake. the average person who walks into me or swerves toward the car I'm riding in is talking on a cell phone. it all seems so self-absorbed to me.
Gillian

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

--Maskerade
gillianren
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:36 am

gillianren wrote:sigh. I just think it's rude, that's all, and I know I'm far from the only one. why is it rude? well, for one, people talk louder on cell phones. it has also been pointed out that it's harder to tune out half a conversation than a whole one. further, there are people who have to look at someone when they talk, and they will, as far as anyone can work out, pick someone random to stare at, which is more than a little unnerving.

This topic began about all electronic devices, not just phones. As for the objections above, I generally text message. Any objections to that?

it all seems so self-absorbed to me.

I have the same problem. Every day, several billion people go about their business, not mine, and do the things they want to do, not the things I want them do to. They're very self-absorbed.
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby zebo-the-fat » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:00 pm

So, if we have to switch off ALL electronic equipment when we fly, does that meat that people fitted with heart pacemakers have to travel by boat? :o
The meek will inherit the earth ... the rest of us will go to the stars.
zebo-the-fat
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Candy » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:21 pm

zebo-the-fat wrote:So, if we have to switch off ALL electronic equipment when we fly, does that meat that people fitted with heart pacemakers have to travel by boat? :o

They're okay to travel. I really hate when those folks pass away on flights, though. After one guy died, his wife started calling all of her relatives from the mobile phone. When she couldn't get ahold of them, she'd leave a message. All these folks eventually started calling Reservations.

I got a call from an office about such an event. I called to ask our Flight Operations. The first words out of his mouth were, "How in the World did you know someone just died?"

It was really weird. :o
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:35 am

zebo-the-fat wrote:So, if we have to switch off ALL electronic equipment when we fly, does that meat that people fitted with heart pacemakers have to travel by boat? :o

Well, some airlines certainly seem as if they are heading in that direction...
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Previous

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes