Truth and Knowledge

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

Truth and Knowledge

Postby Lance » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:26 pm

I was just browsing some of the [strike]sad and pathetic[/strike] thread titles at GLP and I think I had a revelation.

There are so many "Seekers of Truth" or "Seekers of Knowledge" there. It seems the more loudly you proclaim yourself to be a "Seeker", the less likely you are to be able to recognize truth or knowledge once you find it.

Maybe that's why they are always seeking... When they do find simple truth and knowledge it's not enough for them. The real world is too mundane, or not to be believed for some reason. Maybe paranoia plays a role.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Re: Truth and Knowledge

Postby Мастер » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:33 pm

Lance wrote:I was just browsing some of the [strike]sad and pathetic[/strike] thread titles at GLP and I think I had a revelation.

There are so many "Seekers of Truth" or "Seekers of Knowledge" there. It seems the more loudly you proclaim yourself to be a "Seeker", the less likely you are to be able to recognize truth or knowledge once you find it.

Maybe that's why they are always seeking... When they do find simple truth and knowledge it's not enough for them. The real world is too mundane, or not to be believed for some reason. Maybe paranoia plays a role.

Or, should you look around yourself, and determine that everyone you see seems to be better off (by whatever criterion you use, money, status, knowledge, whatever), your choices are (i) conclude that, by the criteria which are important to you, you are a failure, or (ii) conclude that things must be this way because the deck is stacked against you. Which answer is more appealing?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Soothsayer » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:48 pm

I was just browsing some of the sad and pathetic thread titles at GLP and I think I had a revelation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it that you are no better than the people you mock?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many people seek the truth when they live in a society filled with lies and deceptions.

Do you understand what I am talking about?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sometimes there is a simple answer, and sometimes the answer is more complex.

Intelligent and discerning people do not take everything at face value.
Soothsayer
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Мастер » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:25 pm

Soothsayer wrote:I was just browsing some of the sad and pathetic thread titles at GLP and I think I had a revelation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it that you are no better than the people you mock?

I'd say that's a good question for a lot of GLPers to be asking themselves. They bleat about how they are "free thinkers," but I've never seen such a pathetic display of group-think in my life as I have on my GLP visits. Of course, since this is not GLP-authorized thought, they'd probably just proclaim me a government shill. But I don't particularly care what the sheeple think.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Interesting

Postby Soothsayer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:03 pm

I have noticed that on GLP there are all types of people from all age groups and all walks of life, and no matter what subject there are people on both sides of the issue.

Is it the the majority of GLPers not agreeing with what you have to say what really bothers you?

Perhaps you prefer the "group think" of this forum because you have more people here who agree with what you say, which soothes your ego.
Soothsayer
NWOobie
NWOobie

Re: Interesting

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:23 pm

Soothsayer wrote:I have noticed that on GLP there are all types of people from all age groups and all walks of life, and no matter what subject there are people on both sides of the issue.

Is it the the majority of GLPers not agreeing with what you have to say what really bothers you?

Perhaps you prefer the "group think" of this forum because you have more people here who agree with what you say, which soothes your ego.

Yes, that must be why I don't like GLP. It couldn't possibly be because it's the internet version of the Jerry Springer show.

I wish I'd seen this one before, I might have given you (slightly) higher woo ratings in the "contempt" category...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:06 pm

A group of people all believing a stupid thing does not make them free. It makes them wrong.

We can probably all agree that flat-earthers are stupid and wrong, right?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:58 pm

Lance correctly stated:
A group of people all believing a stupid thing does not make them free. It makes them wrong.

I would also like to add it make them dangerous. Examples: NAZI Germany - the KKK.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:11 pm

Bill EE wrote:Lance correctly stated:

I would also like to add it make them dangerous. Examples: NAZI Germany - the KKK.

I've only been observing the freak show for a short time, but already it seems to me there is a positive correlation between woo-wooism and neo-Nazism. At least in the circles I travel, woos are universally regarded as a laughing stock and the lowest form of pond scum, but Bill EE correctly points out that they have in the past seized the apparatus of a modern state, and the results are catastrophic...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

I see now.

Postby Soothsayer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:59 pm

I've only been observing the freak show for a short time, but already it seems to me there is a positive correlation between woo-wooism and neo-Nazism. At least in the circles I travel, woos are universally regarded as a laughing stock and the lowest form of pond scum, but Bill EE correctly points out that they have in the past seized the apparatus of a modern state, and the results are catastrophic...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So your point is that the White House is full of woo woos?

That makes sense.
Soothsayer
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Bill EE » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:50 pm

Soothsayer dribbled:
So your point is that the White House is full of woo woos?

The point is that people who fall for any crackpot theory can be dangerous. What most people of GLP don't understand is that a theory is not valid if it does not answer all the questions. For example, the "theory" that the US government staged the 9/11 attacks. This means that there were thousands of people ruthless enough to kill and not one has come forward. But this theory leaves a lot of questions open - if you, Soothsayer, have the key to blow the whole operation - why are you still alive? Why are those web sites allowed to operate?
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Re: I see now.

Postby Мастер » Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:58 pm

Soothsayer wrote:So your point is that the White House is full of woo woos?

Definitely there's some woodom in the White House! But I wasn't talking to you. I was addressing my comments to people who matter.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby MM_Dandy » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:51 pm

=====================================================
Attention: The 911 posts are being moved to the Debunking 9/11 Hoax.
Both threads will be temporarily blocked in the meantime.
Have a nice day :) !
=====================================================

Edit: Please post your new 9/11 posts here. Thanks!
Last edited by MM_Dandy on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes