Woooo Area 51

Miscellaneous hoaxes, conspiracies and all around bad things not covered elsewhere.

Woooo Area 51

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:41 am

Uh oh...

The government has declassified Groom Lake AFB - "Area 51" - at least in part. They now acknowledge its existence and explain it was there to help develop the U2 spy plane.

Let the woo woo conspiracy theorist I-told-you-so parade begin.

I*n related news, in the tiny village of Laingsburg not far from us, there used to be a store front for United Nuclear, right on main street. In a town of 1200, there usually is not much more than main street anyway. I thought to myself it was a very odd sort of store for the burg. Before I got around to dropping in, in disappeared. Lo and behold, just recently, mention of it popped up in the local news. A story about its owner. It seems they have relocated to an East Lansing address. Apparently operating from his home. The same address lists as a home construction company as well.

http://www.unitednuclear.com/

They sell all manner of stuff, including real live uranium chunks.

But what I learned was that the owner is none other than Bob Lazar. yes, THE Bob Lazar of I worked on extraterrestrial craft at Area 51.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Woooo Area 51

Postby tubeswell » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:46 am

So you can visit the airbase and take photos now?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:30 am

Mmmm, don;t think it went quite that far. No meet and greet for the aliens.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lianachan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am

Enzo wrote:Uh oh...

The government has declassified Groom Lake AFB - "Area 51" - at least in part. They now acknowledge its existence and explain it was there to help develop the U2 spy plane.

I thought they did that years ago?
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:50 am

No, they have always categorically denied the existence of anything out there, let alone provide details. People have seen glimpses until they moved the perimeter back, and planes come and go from the area. But it was classified. And as usual, just because we find something out, they don;t then say, "Oh gosh, you found out, darn." They just keep denying.

I suspect from their perspective, it never hurt to have all the conjecture anyway. With the public, or at least the fringe of it, speculating over the goings-on, it took the attention away from any real information that might be discovered. The unwashed masses will come up with aliens, UFOs, secret USAF saucers, when the reality is no doubt much more mundane.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lianachan » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:50 pm

I'd been labouring under the misapprehension that it had been sort of/semi announced/confirmed in the wake of the court case about the people who'd been exposed to nasty chemicals working there. Pretty sure I remember reading a proper, official USAF website which mentioned it in a discussion of the development of the SR-71 or F-117A (can't remember which).

So, anyway, now they've said that maybe it does exist after all, when are they going to confirm that the British Royals are shape-shifting lizards, that the Gubmint is in cahoots with aliens, that there's a Nazi UFO base on the moon, etc.. ?
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:27 pm

Oh, yeah, all that is scheduled to come out in a presidential speech by Obama this fall.

- The above is a regularly repeated claim on GLP, and regularly updated to reflect some other future time and president.

Back on the subject, I seem to have vague memories of Bob making a fool of himself on either BAUT, Apollohoax, The Education Forum, or some combination of the three.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby tubeswell » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Okay, so they're worried that the public will lose fascination with 50+ years of cultish mystique and that the local tourism side of it will collapse.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby Мастер » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:59 pm

Enzo wrote:No, they have always categorically denied the existence of anything out there, let alone provide details. People have seen glimpses until they moved the perimeter back, and planes come and go from the area. But it was classified. And as usual, just because we find something out, they don;t then say, "Oh gosh, you found out, darn." They just keep denying.

Well, they can't really deny the existence of the area itself, I would think - if you go there, won't there be a fence or something to prevent you from entering?

Kind of hard to deny that the place actually exists . . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:13 pm

There is a patrolled fenced perimeter, with signs warning deadly force may be used.

I don't suppose they deny the area has a classified purpose, but they deny having secret facilities. They pretty much deny anything they can deny about the place.

There used to be a couple places where the terrain allowed just a distant glimpse of some structures, but they moved the fences so that no longer is the case.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Conspiracy Theories and Hoaxes