Is it ok to kill in the name of God if it is Blood Attonment

Is it okay to kill in the name of God? Can ethics, morals and technology peacefully co-exist?

Is it ok to kill in the name of God if it is Blood Attonment

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:48 am

Is it ok to kill in the name of God if it is Blood Attonment.

According to Mormon Theology, some sins are so great that the only way for someone to enter heaven is by having their own blood spilled.

I could go on, but I think that is enough to kick off a discussion thread.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:23 pm

I've always thought the whole concept of "killing in the name of God" was idiotic, regardless of who is doing the killing or why.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:02 pm

Lance wrote:I've always thought the whole concept of "killing in the name of God" was idiotic, regardless of who is doing the killing or why.

Then we must strike you down, heretic . . .
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby pmcolt » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:34 pm

Taking into consideration the fact that God so rarely appears to testify as a favorable witness in court, and that we now have doctors who can diagnose and medicate away the voices in your head that tell you to kill, I think the best policy is to let an omnipotent God do His own dirty work.

The President, on the other hand, can grant a full and unconditional pardon. So which is more idiotic; being willing to kill for God, or being willing to kill for Bush? :roll:
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:13 pm

One God in the hand is worth two in the Bush ... :?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:39 am

If you can get two hands in the bush, then perhaps it is not the best one to chose.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Is it ok to kill in the name of God if it is Blood Atton

Postby KLA2 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:28 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Is it ok to kill in the name of God if it is Blood Attonment.

According to Mormon Theology, some sins are so great that the only way for someone to enter heaven is by having their own blood spilled.

I could go on, but I think that is enough to kick off a discussion thread.

No. Any more than it is OK for me to sacrifice virgins to the FSM.

On the other hand, suicide is always the right choice for death obsessed religious loonies*, so if one chooses to "enter heaven" that way, I say, go for it. :D/ Just do not take anyone else with you. :evil:

*Do NOT intend to imply all or ANY Mormons fall into this category. There are a few psychos in every society and culture. :cry:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Re: Is it ok to kill in the name of God if it is Blood Atton

Postby umop ap!sdn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:33 pm

KLA2 wrote:On the other hand, suicide is always the right choice for death obsessed religious loonies*, so if one chooses to "enter heaven" that way, I say, go for it. :D/ Just do not take anyone else with you. :evil:

:=D:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:54 am

Soooo ... you're all telling me I SHOULDN'T act on the instructions from the voice in my head? :?

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:55 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Soooo ... you're all telling me I SHOULDN'T act on the instructions from the voice in my head? :?

Woof! - Scott

Remove the earphones. Repeat: remove the earphones. :wink: {And stop listening to rap.} :P
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:34 am

Oh, if I were, Kla2, I'd probably have worse diction than I do now! :lol:

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:02 am

KLA2 wrote:{And stop listening to rap.} :P

:glp-rotflmao:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:43 am

Whoops! Forgot to add the "Nigga" and "G" on there.

You know, I used to play local records in the store all the time, but the rap guys would come in with this stuff that I told them I could NOT play - not because it wasn't good for its genre, but because of the language. I just felt that as a middle-aged white man, I wasn't going to play something that said "Nigger" all throught the song. I don't lke that word anymore than I like "Kike," "Wetback," "Dago," or any other racial slur.

Profanity is one thing (not that I use it in front of the kids or play it in the store), but that sort of thing bugs me. Middleclass white guilt? Naw. I just think there are better reasons - personal ones - to be rude to specific individuals, NOT entire races. Racial slurs are stupid and beneath anyone who really hates people.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:15 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Whoops! Forgot to add the "Nigga" and "G" on there.

You know, I used to play local records in the store all the time, but the rap guys would come in with this stuff that I told them I could NOT play - not because it wasn't good for its genre, but because of the language. I just felt that as a middle-aged white man, I wasn't going to play something that said "Nigger" all throught the song. I don't lke that word anymore than I like "Kike," "Wetback," "Dago," or any other racial slur.

Profanity is one thing (not that I use it in front of the kids or play it in the store), but that sort of thing bugs me. Middleclass white guilt? Naw. I just think there are better reasons - personal ones - to be rude to specific individuals, NOT entire races. Racial slurs are stupid and beneath anyone who really hates people.

Woof! - Scott

Right on, man.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Religion and Spirituality