End of Days

Is it okay to kill in the name of God? Can ethics, morals and technology peacefully co-exist?

End of Days

Postby Puma » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:34 pm

Please state your personal veiw on this subject.

My own veiw is that we are actually witnessing prophetic events. I have long been a student of prophecy and I personally believe the Tribulation has already begun and will very soon become apparent to those who have "fallen away". Yes, this is a touchy subject for many, but the occurence of warnings and reports of visions on the web and elsewhere should be taken into account. I am not a woowoo; I will point out what is spoken of in the Bible codes and the Bible appears to be taking place. Many of the Bible codes have been proven chillingly accurate and there are certain events still to occur before the end of this year.

I do not attend any church nor do I belong to any study group. Ever since the age of 12 I have known that this world is not as it should be. You can think of me as a seeker of the truth and I believe that the truth is nowhere close to the pap we have been taught by offialdom and the media.

Please feel free to post your views, retorts or rebuttals. I have very thick skin.
It's almost here...........
Puma
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby azazul » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:48 pm

Puma wrote:I am not a woowoo; I will point out what is spoken of in the Bible codes and the Bible appears to be taking place.

Such as...
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:51 pm

I'm going to move this to a different area. I think God vs. the Good Doctor is more appropriate.

But please, carry on...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Puma » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:26 pm

Exodus2006 website.

Whatever you feel is appropriate, Lance....
Puma
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:35 am

I think this page sums up my feelings nicely:

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/drosninII.html

It's unfortunate that these guys never predict anything before it happens.

I would also point out that at many times in history people have thought the end of the world was coming. Century marks are always a biggie, and the 14th century plague in Europe seemed a very opportune time. Didn't happen though. The question is not, can one find events that resemble things foretold somewhere. The question ought to be, is the number and similarity of the events I can find that resemble some prophecy greater than I have any right to expect by chance, assuming that the prophecy is complete bunk.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby azazul » Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:58 am

Puma wrote:Exodus2006 website

Point me to something in particular, I went there and only found crap. I don't have the patience to look through it all. Anyway, the fact that they include a pole shift makes me very wary about the validity of anything (well that is ignoring the whole bible code bs).

Then there is this:
I need some money fairly urgently - so I can visit Axum and start making some preparations. Thanks! - Andy

Yeah, I bet every bit of the money donated will be going to his "preparations" and not more LSD to think more of this crap up.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Re: End of Days

Postby Eroica » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:49 pm

Puma wrote:My own view is that we are actually witnessing prophetic events.
Ah, if only we were living in interesting times! Sadly, we're not! This world is 13.7 billion years old, and there's many billions to come - so don't hold your breath if you're waiting for the end of it!

I have long been a student of prophecy and I personally believe the Tribulation has already begun and will very soon become apparent to those who have "fallen away".
How long must I remain skeptical before you change your mind? A year? A decade?

By the way, I didn't fall - I jumped!

Yes, this is a touchy subject for many
Hopefully not on this site!

... but the occurrence of warnings and reports of visions on the web and elsewhere should be taken into account.
Why? Any nonsense can be posted on the web.

I am not a woowoo;
Woowoo was not the first word that sprang to my mind when I read your OP! :D

I will point out what is spoken of in the Bible codes and the Bible appears to be taking place.
I await with bated breath! But please try and be specific.

Many of the Bible codes have been proven chillingly accurate and there are certain events still to occur before the end of this year.
Specifics, please!

I do not attend any church nor do I belong to any study group.
Nor do I, so I won't hold either against you!

Ever since the age of 12 I have known that this world is not as it should be.
Known, or believed?

You can think of me as a seeker of the truth and I believe that the truth is nowhere close to the pap we have been taught by officialdom and the media.
I bet you wouldn't have called it pap if you believed otherwise!

Officialdom and the media have peddled lots of different "pap" over the centuries. Some of this pap flatly contradicts other pap. It's much too sweeping to condemn it all.

Please feel free to post your views, retorts or rebuttals. I have very thick skin.
So do I. :D
Traulich und treu ist's nur in der Tiefe:
Falsch und feig ist was dort oben sich freut!
Eroica
NWOobie
NWOobie

Re: End of Days

Postby Lance » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:57 pm

Puma wrote:Ever since the age of 12 I have known that this world is not as it should be.

Since we only have this one world, how can you know? What is your reference point? How do you know what the world should be?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Puma » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:49 pm

Everybody wanted a debate; so I gave you one! Anyway I am curious about your views; no, I am not holding my breath, waiting for the world to end. Great reply Eroica! All of your replies give me food for thought. :-k
Puma
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:34 pm

Puma wrote:Everybody wanted a debate; so I gave you one! Anyway I am curious about your views; no, I am not holding my breath, waiting for the world to end. Great reply Eroica! All of your replies give me food for thought. :-k

And it is much appreciated...

I didn't mean for my questions to sound like there was a "so there" attached to them. I was asking sincerely.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:06 am

I will assume you know that people have been predicting the end of the world for many - many years. I was scared senseless as a teenager by "The Late Great Planet Earth" which claimed to see prophetic events in 1971 with the world ending in 1980. Unless my watch is off, 1980 came and went without the end coming. Several years ago I started collecting old books and one of my treasures is "The Midnight Hour and After" by H. W. webb-Peploe (Vicar of St Paul's Onslow Square London). This book originally issued in 1920 (mine is a good quality fifth edition in 1925) talked about the prophetic events the author witness with WW I and how it showed the end of times around 1930. Since my dad was born in 1936 I have to believe this did not occur. My Grandfather believe that Jesus was coming in the year 2000 and he knew the Bible backwards and forwards. None of this is meant to insult you - I am just pointing out that smart people can see paterns that do not exist.

Now to the Bible - 2 Thess 2:1-4 says:
"Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling to meet him, we beg you, brethren, not to be quickly shaken in mind or excited, either by spirit or by word, or by letter purporting to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way; for that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."

This clearly says that the Anti-Christ :twisted: has to be reveled first and that the Temple has been rebuilt. None of these things have happen yet unless you know something I don't.

I would also like to point out:
"But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief."

Which my upbringing (Lutheran) means that no matter how hard you watch the day of the second coming will be a surprise. Of course, Lutherans believe the rapture comes at the end and we are stuck here to fight the Anti-Christ but that comes with the turf :shock: !

Editted due to too much sun
Last edited by Bill EE on Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby azazul » Sun Aug 28, 2005 2:20 am

Why would "God" end the world after only 8000ish years if "He" exists forever, surely that is like the blink of an eye to "Him"? Seems kind of pointless to have made us in the first place.
azazul
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lance » Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:01 am

azazul wrote:Why would "God" end the world after only 8000ish years if "He" exists forever, surely that is like the blink of an eye to "Him"? Seems kind of pointless to have made us in the first place.

That's easy. Just look at GLP.

We are amusing.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Eroica » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:34 pm

azazul wrote:Why would "God" end the world after only 8000ish years if "He" exists forever, surely that is like the blink of an eye to "Him"? Seems kind of pointless to have made us in the first place.

And why did he bother making humans with free will in the first place? When they fail to believe in him or worship him, he starts messing around with obscure prophecies, etc to try and influence them!

In short, what purpose does prophecy serve? It clearly doesn't turn atheists into believers.
Traulich und treu ist's nur in der Tiefe:
Falsch und feig ist was dort oben sich freut!
Eroica
NWOobie
NWOobie

Postby Frogmarch » Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:15 am

If anything right wing Christians and their preachers who are bring about the end of the world. With their obsession with money and power ripping the world apart for what they can get.
All the preachers are interested in is power then money and the way that they see to get it is to preach lies. Lies about the way this world was created-lies don't cost much and they bring in the punters.

No Jesus talked about becoming a fisher of men, right wing preachers cut holes in the nets with their lies so that many fall away/through. Then they talk about the "end times" while their politics rip the fragile world ecology apart.
Frogmarch
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Return to Religion and Spirituality