Oooooh Pat Robertson is at it again.

Is it okay to kill in the name of God? Can ethics, morals and technology peacefully co-exist?

Oooooh Pat Robertson is at it again.

Postby Enzo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:48 am

Well ole Pat has declared on the authority of scripture that if the USA forces Israel to divide Jerusalem with the Palestinians, um... well, there'll be hell to pay. God is going to come down and punish us.

This is particularly disturbing. The last time I remember watching him bellow that America was going to be punished for accepting homosexuality, he warned us that the hurricane then brewing in the Atlantic was going to move on to New Orleans and destroy it because it was such a center for sin. Meanwhile soon thereafter, the hurricane turned, and ran up the east coast, right square over his headquarters in Virginia Beach. SO this present prediction now has me concerned anew for the good people of Virginia. This was already the year of the 17-year locusts on the east coast. There is no Red Sea in Virginia, but there is a sea of rednecks. So something may get parted, I am just not sure what.

Batten down the hatches, and don't drop the soap.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: Oooooh Pat Robertson is at it again.

Postby Мастер » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:06 am

Enzo wrote:Well ole Pat has declared on the authority of scripture that if the USA forces Israel to divide Jerusalem with the Palestinians, um... well, there'll be hell to pay.

Well, he might be right about that part.

Enzo wrote:God is going to come down and punish us.

Well, someone other than God might.

Enzo wrote:This is particularly disturbing. The last time I remember watching him bellow that America was going to be punished for accepting homosexuality, he warned us that the hurricane then brewing in the Atlantic was going to move on to New Orleans and destroy it because it was such a center for sin. Meanwhile soon thereafter, the hurricane turned, and ran up the east coast, right square over his headquarters in Virginia Beach. SO this present prediction now has me concerned anew for the good people of Virginia. This was already the year of the 17-year locusts on the east coast. There is no Red Sea in Virginia, but there is a sea of rednecks. So something may get parted, I am just not sure what.

Well, once could be a coincidence, but if it happens again . . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: Oooooh Pat Robertson is at it again.

Postby tubeswell » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Enzo wrote:..., and don't drop the soap.

One shudders
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.

If you are seeing an apparent paradox, that means you are missing something.
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Return to Religion and Spirituality