Kevin Michaels -- Commissioned Image

Art and literature created or authored by our members.

Postby Lonewulf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:03 am

Enzo wrote:Only reason I made it a "celebrity" was that to me it LOOKED like Neil Young. I can't speak for "everyone" else, I thought it was just me.

Young always has that furrowed brow look to him.

Haha. He looks half insane and ready to kill someone?
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:11 pm

Lonewulf wrote:Haha. He looks half insane and ready to kill someone?

Have you seen Neil Young?

Or, more recently:

No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lonewulf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:13 pm

Lance wrote:Have you seen Neil Young?

Not really.

He's Canadian, I figured he'd burn my eyes if I did.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Lonewulf wrote:He's Canadian, I figured he'd burn my eyes if I did.

Their heads don't really come apart at the mouth like they do on South Park.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lonewulf » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Lance wrote:Their heads don't really come apart at the mouth like they do on South Park.

Really?

Wow. My whole life perspective has been changed.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:31 pm

Lance wrote:
Lonewulf wrote:He's Canadian, I figured he'd burn my eyes if I did.

Their heads don't really come apart at the mouth like they do on South Park.

This is surely a conspiracy...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:56 am

Aww, wulf, our resident 1/2-Quebecois-by-ancestry contingent (i.e. yours truly) could have told you that. :D

That second photo of Young kinda reminds me of Sam Neill.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:03 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:Aww, wulf, our resident 1/2-Quebecois-by-ancestry contingent (i.e. yours truly) could have told you that. :D

That second photo of Young kinda reminds me of Sam Neill.

The irony is that the picture was drawn by a Canadian...
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:10 am

Heh, Umop, like the new av. Was it based on this conversation?

Anyways, time to reveal some information about the character!

First off, he was inspired by the song "Bat Country" by Avenged Sevenfold. The lyrics pretty much fit him to a T, since he was entirely inspired by them; sometimes I listen to a song that gives me a story/char idea and I just have to follow through with them, and this was one of those cases.

The setting is in California, in a post apocalypse setting. It's very Mad Max/Fallout based, what with survivors in the post-apocalypse age surviving; details are sketchy, as he's designed to fit into most post apocalypse settings, really, as long as they're based on our world.

He's taught himself all sorts of tricks, using some knowledge he mainly picked up in books and the like. He uses a bolt-action 7.62mm rifle, and a Colt .45 1911, as they were extremely common and reliable, what with so many models made. Plus, ammunition definitely isn't scarce for either firearm, and what with production having ceased, that's a Good Thing (tm).

He's self-taught in demolitions, and knows how to build home-made devices, from pipe bombs and the like; he can make his own detonators, but they aren't very likely to be effective (not many home-made detonators are, really). He's also resourceful, and can make his own traps; he's also somewhat patient in his efforts, although you couldn't tell what with his personality and general disposition.

He's someone that lives by the idea of carpe diem; only literally. He seizes every day for all that it's worth, entirely not expecting to live to see tomorrow. He looks at the wrecked shells of civilization around him, and doesn't let it get him down; humanity's going down the drain, he's going with it, and he's going to have as much fun as possible as he does.

He's an amphetamine addict, mainly delving into methamphetamines if he can't get his hands on dextroamphetamines; both get the job done. He fights for survival, and is perfectly willing to kill people that are willing to kill him, but he has a "live and let live" type of policy; which goes out the window if someone doesn't want him living. But that's not to say he doesn't take some kind of perverse joy in killing; it's just another rush for him, a way to pit himself against the elements and toss himself into the wind of the hurricaine and triumph.

He's an anti-hero, to say the least. Instead of being an angel that does bad, I'd call him a demon that does good. He's an anarchist (in that he doesn't like government at all), but that also is partly because all the societies that are developing in the post-apocalypse wasteland are not worth living in. They're usually entirely totalitarian, made for the benefit of a few, not the many, or are just scumbag places (think "Bartertown" from Mad Max 3: Beyond Thunderdome).

Those that come to know him would probably call him batshit crazy. He'd reply that, when you live in an insane world, you have to adapt. Humanity's dying out, we're destroying ourselves; just go with it. Why bother worrying about tomorrow when that's when you die? You still have today. Go fucking cease it already.

(Lyrics to Bat Country here: http://www.lyricspremium.com/display.php?id=29077 I like the lyrics a lot, even if the song itself isn't that great)

I haven't put a lot of thought into his background, but at the least he wasn't raised much at all, and if he was, it wasn't by his biological parents. He never had much guidance, and had to scavenge for himself as he grew up. He learned quickly how to survive, and that survival sometimes meant killing. Hell, he knows enough to make his own bombs and use and maintain his firearms, and he's not even into his 20's yet.

Also: He doesn't wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle. That shouldn't come as a surprise.

As for his religious beliefs, he's an Apatheist. He doesn't believe in God, and he doesn't care about it. If there is a God, and he ends up going to Hell, he'd just flick off heaven as he did so, and say "s'up?" to the devil. In his mindset, God, if he existed, doesn't deserve to be worshiped, for the fucked-up world he lives in.
Last edited by Lonewulf on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:29 am

Lonewulf wrote:Heh, Umop, like the new av. Was it based on this conversation?

Thanks, and yes. :D

Interesting character. The batshit crazy part is not surprising (actually neither is the fact that the setting is CA :lol: ). I would have pegged him closer to my age though.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:41 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:
Lonewulf wrote:Heh, Umop, like the new av. Was it based on this conversation?

Thanks, and yes. :D

Interesting character. The batshit crazy part is not surprising (actually neither is the fact that the setting is CA :lol: ).

All post apoc settings are in CA. Mad Max to Fallout 1 and 2...

I would have pegged him closer to my age though.

Eh, he looks young enough to me...
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:45 am

Lonewulf wrote:All post apoc settings are in CA. Mad Max to Fallout 1 and 2...

[pedant mode] Mad Max is set in Oz[/pedant mode] Sorry, sometimes I can't help being an arse.

Other than that, good work Lonewulf.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:55 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:[pedant mode] Mad Max is set in Oz[/pedant mode] Sorry, sometimes I can't help being an arse.

You're right.

Come to think of it, where was 2 and 3 set in? Around the same area in Australia?

It's not quite pedantic, honestly. It's a major part of my point that all post apocs are set in California. Even if I was joking, heh.

Other than that, good work Lonewulf.

I thank you, good sir.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:59 am

Oh, wow shit! Sarah, one of my classmates was just telling me about the music video for "Bat Country" (which I've never heard, but we did watch it on mute in the school library) and I realized that the scene going down the highway swatting at bats was an allusion to the Johnny Depp/Benicio Del Toro flick "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" in the scene where Depp was tweaked-out and swatting at INVISIBLE BATS in the convertable and yells "This is bat country!"

That's a huge fricking sentence right there.

Anyway, I think it's just weird that the same song comes up just two weeks apart and I'd never heard of the song or band before.

Back to topic, nice work, looks like you've developed a really good character and background. What RPG do you use him in? (you did say he was an RPG person, no?)

-hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:59 am

GURPS 4th edition.

I think I made him a 100 point character...
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Previous

Return to Illiterati (Llama tell you a story...)