X-men, the movie

Art and literature created or authored by our members.

X-men, the movie

Postby hippietrekx » Fri May 11, 2007 5:30 am

Wow, I did this one way back when I was 14. It's pencil. I overlayed Wolverine and Rogue from the original X-men movie. A site called "Wolverine and Rogue" needed a splash page and the owner asked me to come up with something. It was on the site for two years before she came up with a new motif. Go me. I wish I got paid.

--hippie, last one for the night. Promise.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Fri May 11, 2007 8:43 pm

:shock: Dom, that's amazing.

You didn't freehand that, did you?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sat May 12, 2007 12:44 am

Yeah, it's free hand. Then I just fiddled with the edges to make them glow in a program.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Sat May 12, 2007 12:53 am

Okay, aside from the fact that the pic is, overall, very well done, and individually the faces are incredibly realistic...

The overall effect is disconcerting. I say that as the merging makes Rogue look like something out of a Lovecraftian novel, with multiple eyes and probably mind-bending powers or somesuch...

Good quality, but the overall effect looks more horrific than anything else. I'm not sure if that was what you were shooting for...

Her chin is also off, which adds to the disconcerting effect. Wrinkly and bulgy where it shouldn't be.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat May 12, 2007 1:10 am

hippietrekx wrote:Yeah, it's free hand.

:goodbye:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sat May 12, 2007 1:24 am

Lonewulf wrote:Okay, aside from the fact that the pic is, overall, very well done, and individually the faces are incredibly realistic...

The overall effect is disconcerting. I say that as the merging makes Rogue look like something out of a Lovecraftian novel, with multiple eyes and probably mind-bending powers or somesuch...

Good quality, but the overall effect looks more horrific than anything else. I'm not sure if that was what you were shooting for...

Her chin is also off, which adds to the disconcerting effect. Wrinkly and bulgy where it shouldn't be.

Wolverine and Rogue was a fansite devoted to romance between the two characters. The owner was a friend from a forum and asked me to draw something when she started the site. I was 14 and thought that transparency would look cool. This is by no means my best work.

And the chin is fine on the actual paper. It scanned strange. Something went weird with the contrast there.

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Sat May 12, 2007 7:22 pm

hippietrekx wrote:Wolverine and Rogue was a fansite devoted to romance between the two characters.

Yeah, I figured as much, hence my critique...

The owner was a friend from a forum and asked me to draw something when she started the site. I was 14 and thought that transparency would look cool. This is by no means my best work.

Only 14, eh? I missed that part, I skimmed. Amazing. Truly, truly amazing. I applaud your talents.

And if it's not your best work, I want to see your best work. :)

And the chin is fine on the actual paper. It scanned strange. Something went weird with the contrast there.

Ah, right. Scanners have made a mess of many a good work.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Sun May 13, 2007 6:13 pm

My best work is a recreation of MCEscher's "The Eye." It took me eight weeks and I painted it on a ceilinng tile that will forever remain in the art room. I'll get the pic off of Dad's computer sometime.

I drew a flower in chalk pastels that came out friggen awesome.

Later, I drew a triptic of Albert Einstein in pastels again.

I'll have to take pics of these, too. I suck at abstract art, but realism I pwn.

--hippie

P.S. My art teacher is pissed off that I want to go into math and science instead of art. :lol: Doesn't mean I can't work it in, though.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby troubleagain » Sun May 13, 2007 11:41 pm

Just tell her you'd like to actually be able to earn an independent living. :wink:
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Sun May 13, 2007 11:53 pm

hippietrekx wrote:My best work is a recreation of MCEscher's "The Eye." It took me eight weeks and I painted it on a ceilinng tile that will forever remain in the art room. I'll get the pic off of Dad's computer sometime.

I saw this, didn't I? Or was that another eye?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Mon May 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Dragon Star wrote:
hippietrekx wrote:My best work is a recreation of MCEscher's "The Eye." It took me eight weeks and I painted it on a ceilinng tile that will forever remain in the art room. I'll get the pic off of Dad's computer sometime.

I saw this, didn't I? Or was that another eye?

That was the one I showed you, but it's on Dad's computer in a shared file, and his computer isn't on right now. Mmmyep.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Illiterati (Llama tell you a story...)