Farewell Tomcat

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Farewell Tomcat

Postby Bill EE » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:54 am

I know it was coming but it's a sad day.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-02-16-navy-tomcat_x.htm

My father was a plankowner in VF-1 the first operational F-14 squadron. I spent a lot of time while a teenager watching them fly over the house.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:11 am

A sad day indeed.

How is it's cousin the F-15 doing?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:28 am

The F-15, last I looked into it, is scheduled to remain in service until 2015 when enough FA-22 Raptors on finally online to replace them. Having said that, they are having a serious avionics problems with the F15 - the electronics are old and the parts are really hard to find and/or expensive so they may have to speed up the process.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Return to Current Events and Politics