Kolchak is Dead, too!

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Kolchak is Dead, too!

Postby Candy » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:53 pm

Prolific Actor Darren McGavin Dies at 83
McGavin, 83, died Saturday of natural causes at a Los Angeles-area hospital with his family at his side, said his son Bogart McGavin.

McGavin also had leading roles in TV's "Riverboat" and cult favorite "Kolchak: The Night Stalker." Among his memorable portrayals was Gen. George Patton in the 1979 TV biography "Ike."

Despite his busy career in television, McGavin was awarded only one Emmy: in 1990 for an appearance as Candice Bergen's opinionated father in an episode of "Murphy Brown."
:cry:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:27 am

And just as he was about to reveal the secret of Don KNotts...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Candy » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:02 pm

I find it weird that all these older actors are popping off around the same time. Didn't "McCloud" just die, too? :-k
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:10 am

Yep, that's a fact, ma'am.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill EE » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:44 pm

I have a soft spot for Kolchak: The Night Stalker. It was the first TV show I auditioned for (when I actually thought I could act) - my coach got the part of a killer zombie. We had a little party when that show was aired.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:45 pm

Bill EE wrote:I have a soft spot for Kolchak: The Night Stalker. It was the first TV show I auditioned for (when I actually thought I could act) - my coach got the part of a killer zombie. We had a little party when that show was aired.

Have you been in anything we might have seen?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:35 pm

The only movie where you may actually see me enough to make me out is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I was an unpaid extra in the stomping scene at the end of the movie. I was paid to run in an Army uniform but you can not tell it was me and it was uncredited. May last "job" was in The Kid from Left Field. I got to yell at Gary Coleman from the stands at Jack Murphy Stadium but my face was cut out. I did audition way too much.

A short and not too sweet career.
"Mars" is also a chocolate bar found on Earth. These are highly concentrated sources of carbohydrates, which are of vital importance to many carbon based life forms. Mars bars are slightly rippled with a flat underside. They are sometimes used in English courtship rituals in which the female performs various allegorical oral acts with the chocolate bar, which is donated by the male as part payment for this spectacle.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:38 pm

So if I want to see you I would have to watch Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

Again.

I think, my friend, it will remain a mystery.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill EE » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 pm

Lance my friend - it is a great movie! The theme still brings a smile to my face.
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:32 pm

Bill EE wrote:Lance my friend - it is a great movie! The theme still brings a smile to my face.

Yeah, I was joking...

Does it ever come on any of the movie (or basic) channels?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill EE » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:41 pm

I don't know if it is still being shown on basic cable - I kinda doubt it. The studio that made it - Four Squares in National City - is still in business and a friend of mine is a camera man there. He had John Astin (star of the sequels) show up at a Halloween Party he threw about five years ago.

If you really want to see me you have to view it in widescreen - the normal TV version cuts off about half the people jumping around that day to focus on the Chicken! It was a strange day!
Bill EE
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:48 pm

Come to think of it, I may have seen it in one of those "Cheap DVD" bins they have a so many stores now-a-days. I will pick it up if I see it again, and let you know here that I did.

What the heck, it'll fit on my DVD shelf between Rocky Horror and Dark Star.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Current Events and Politics