Cheap Political Hillary Shots

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Postby KLA2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:42 am

To repeat my posting elsewhere: if you bothered to read the thread, Bill, you would see that it was I who asked that postings not respectfully dedicated to the memory of Sir Edmund Hillary be moved elsewhere, Lance merely complied. The term "cheap political shots" came from me.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Bill has a propensity for misinterpretting the obvious.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:27 am

Often wilfully so.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Here, let he have this read to you. Maybe this will help:

William Thompson says:
http://www.gelsana.com/audio/first%20group.wav
William Thompson says:
http://www.gelsana.com/audio/second%20group.wav
William Thompson says:
http://www.gelsana.com/audio/third%20group.wav
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Arneb » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:33 pm

Och nööööö.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Here, let he have this read to you. Maybe this will help:

William Thompson says:
http://www.gelsana.com/audio/first%20group.wav
William Thompson says:
http://www.gelsana.com/audio/second%20group.wav
William Thompson says:
http://www.gelsana.com/audio/third%20group.wav

Lance wrote:Bill has a propensity for misinterpretting the obvious.

Either that your you are ignorant. You decide.

KLA2 wrote:To repeat my posting elsewhere: if you bothered to read the thread, Bill, you would see that it was I who asked that postings not respectfully dedicated to the memory of Sir Edmund Hillary be moved elsewhere, Lance merely complied. The term "cheap political shots" came from me.

Oh, ok. Still, it is not really cheap. Hillary's mom perpetuated a lie into adult hood so well that her son-in-law even recanted it as truth in his own autobiography. That is weird, to say the least. It is astounding. Now I know where Hillary "gets it from" when I am shocked how she so easily and effortlessly lies to people.

Is this a case of Nature and Nurture? If a parent lies to you all your life about where your name came from, you are bound to come out wierd. These things mess people up. Your parents telling you huge lies like this have an impact on how you view yourself and your world from the very beginning.

No, nothing like this happened to me.

We hear stories about serial killers who parents lied to them about important things. Telling kids that your mom is your sister and your grandmother is your mom, seems to mess them up. Telling them you were named after one person but were really not, has to have an impact on your self esteem and self respect.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 pm

The point, Bill, is that it was inappropriate in a thread about the passing of Sir Edmund. That's all.

Now if you'd like to discuss your point, please feel free to do so.
Last edited by Lance on Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby KLA2 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:04 pm

Oh, ok. Still, it is not really cheap. Hillary's mom perpetuated a lie into adult hood so well that her son-in-law even recanted it as truth in his own autobiography. That is weird, to say the least. It is astounding. Now I know where Hillary "gets it from" when I am shocked how she so easily and effortlessly lies to people.

Bill, Bill, Bill. Bill.

recant \ri-kant\ vb : to take back (something one has said) publicly : make an open confession of error recantation \re-kan-ta-shen\ n

(C) 1995 Zane Publishing, Inc. The Merriam-Webster Dictionary (C) 1994 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated

You mean recounted. The error is ironic. :lol:

If true, yes, it may be wierd. Could there be no circumstances that are not sinister that could explain this?

Suppose H. Clinton really did not know the date of Sir Edmund's birth. I did not, till I read the obituary. Did you?

Suppose H. Clinton's mother actually named her after that wierd old great aunt that smelled funny, but in an attempt to boost her self respect, jokingly told her "we named you after that fellow who first scaled Everest, because we knew you would always strive for the top."

Seemed like that (suppose) worked. Do you ever say things to family or friends that are not absolutely true, but are intended to make them feel better about themselves? If done judiciously, that does not make you a bad person, does it?

I may have chosen my words poorly when I said your comments about H. Clinton were "cheap shots". They seem to me to instead be mean-spirited, spiteful, biased, unfair.

I hate politics, Bill. This kind of stuff is why. I despise politically expediant lies, and think politicians SHOULD be held to a high standard. But not a petty standard.

If your research is thorough and your analysis spot on, I apologize in advance for my criticism. If. :wink:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:32 pm

OH-KAYE!!

By the way, I love politics when our lives and our future are on the line. All other times, it bores me.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:OH-KAYE!!

By the way, I love politics when our lives and our future are on the line. All other times, it bores me.

Yeah. Sadly, they always are. Point to you. :wink:
:cry:

But all the more reason not to make important decisions based on petty stuff.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:29 am

KLA2 wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:OH-KAYE!!

Yeah. Sadly, they always are. Point to you. :wink:
:cry:

But all the more reason not to make important decisions based on petty stuff.

Like a candidate being unstable, unreliable, uncultured, untrustworthy, dishonest, unpatriotic, self-absorbed, criminal, and scandalous?

It is as if I am leading an investigation and someone says to me, "by the way, Hillary's mom lied to her all her life about something most children would hold to be precious and important" and I would think "ah-ha, that might explain it".
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:05 pm

Like a candidate being unstable, unreliable, uncultured, untrustworthy, dishonest, unpatriotic, self-absorbed, criminal, and scandalous?

Yeah, that would be big stuff. I don't intend to suggest to you how to choose among politicians. We have those rascals up here as well! :wink:

{edited to add} Uncultured??? Would that rule out Abraham Lincoln??? :shock:
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:43 am

KLA2 wrote:

Yeah, that would be big stuff. I don't intend to suggest to you how to choose among politicians. We have those rascals up here as well! :wink:

{edited to add} Uncultured??? Would that rule out Abraham Lincoln??? :shock:

I have gone past 30 reasons why Hillary should not even be running. It makes me wonder what people have in mind. I think, nothing at all.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:49 am

KLA2 wrote:{edited to add} Uncultured??? Would that rule out Abraham Lincoln??? :shock:

Lincoln was a one and only.

The way he looked has little to do with the way he was.

As a young man, he was a floor sweep that was hired to clean a general store in Illinois. The manager asked him to throw out some old law books he had in some room. Lincoln started reading these books and he could not stop. He self-taught himself law and then took and passed the bar exam and became a lawyer.

Who else has ever ever done that?!

He was self-taught in just about everything. And this includes how to be a leader. He did this so well that he is referred to constantly in Dale Carnige's book "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

The deal with him is that he was -- if history is correct -- an honest man. This is why his face is carved in Mt. Rushmore.

Hillary's face will never be there.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 am

Ah, Bill, still on your personal little political crusade? That's great! I missed your rants.

Sway any of the masses yet?
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:35 pm

LoneStar, you swartz is small.

Since you drop-outs cannot absorb what they read, I will read it to you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSxnpSP5Ug
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:45 pm

Hillary's face will never be there.

Maybe not her face. But if she is elected President ... Bill, is there a backside to Mount Rushmore? :-
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:44 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:LoneStar, you swartz is small.

LoneStar? Hmmm, I like that. Too bad it's already taken...

Would a LoneStar be cooler than a neutron star, I wonder? Hmmm.

Interesting point! I am swayed!
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:50 am

Lonewulf wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:LoneStar, you swartz is small.

LoneStar? Hmmm, I like that. Too bad it's already taken...

Would a LoneStar be cooler than a neutron star, I wonder? Hmmm.
Spaceballs. Swartz? Thought that was a give-away. Guess not.

Interesting point! I am swayed!

Spread the word and we might be saved as well as swayed.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:13 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:Spaceballs. Swartz? Thought that was a give-away. Guess not.

I figured you were quoting it, but I don't remember enough of that movie to quote back, unfortunately...

Ahhh, gotta revisit the classics.

Spread the word and we might be saved as well as swayed.

Preach it, brotha!
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:38 pm

87?!?!?!
Aw, come-on!!
I know it is not perfect. It is my first YouTube ever. But, come on, people, the message is one that should be spread. Tell your friends to tell their friends to have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhSxnpSP5Ug I want this to be at least over 100 by today and over 1,000 by this week.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:49 pm

Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Previous

Return to Current Events and Politics