More Classified Documents

Discussions of things currently in the news.

More Classified Documents

Postby Мастер » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:51 am

I don't get this. I lived in the US for a long time, and I never found any classified documents just lying around while walking down the street. But it seems like they should be everywhere.

So Biden found to have mishandled some classified documents from his time as vice-president of the US.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/01/10/poli ... index.html

This is the downside of the Dems going after Trump with vigour over his mishandling of classified documents - are you sure that one isn't going to come home to roost? Well apparently, it did.

There are some differences in the cases, Trump's attitude was more or less, "oh yeah? so what?", whereas Biden doesn't seem to be taking quite such an arrogant attitude. Whether this difference is recognised in the court of public opinion, we will find out.

Back when the wave of accounting scandals broke in the early 2000s, a lot of Dems, in a rare case of not being stupid, decided not to scream bloody murder and blame every form of evil in the modern world on George W Bush, as they quickly realised that much of the fraud had been going on for years, under the presidency of Bill Clinton. It seems that sort of subtlety and nuance is gone now.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Re: More Classified Documents

Postby wring » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:29 pm

yeah, that's what we do. Hoist our own petard on a regular basis. Yes, there are very extreme differences (less than a dozen vs. hundreds, Biden's team found them and "immediately" turned them in vs. The archives discovering they were missing and Trump dallying for over a year, ignoring demands etc denying he had any etc etc etc then oops, here they are, that's all, ok, so not quite all, ok, so here's some more etc etc etc) but in the end it's really a mess.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Current Events and Politics