Fuckin' losers!

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Fuckin' losers!

Postby Arneb » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:36 pm

Two German tourists, avid fans of Turn- und Sportverein 1860 München, aka as 1860 München, 1860, or simply Die Sechz'ger, smeared spray painted the outward-facing side of the columns of the famous Vasari-corridor linking the Uffici with Palazzo Pitti in Florence, Italy.

You could say '60 is Munich's Hertha. Always loud, always thumping their chests, alsways destined for greatness, if only the present and the facts didn't intervene. With a dependable, not infrequently violent, fan base but no recognition abroad. They were founding members of the Bundesliga (while Bayern weren't, as they like to point out) and, after more downs than ups, enjoyed a streak of moderate success in the early oughts, coincident with Hertha's good times. A CL season, a few European qualifications, a victory against Bayern here or there. They are currently in the third league, after their own nauseating Arabian-Prince-Will-Pay-Our-Way-to-Greatness episode ended in a somewhat tight spot resulting in a forced relegation into the amateur Bayernliga (4th league).

The two "fans" wrote "DKS 1860", one character per column, denoting the fan group that has left its marks all over Europe. Clever guys that they were, they operated with no camouflage in plain sight of CCTV cameras, so it wasn't criminological rocket science to pick them up in their hotel. One was still wearing last night's t-shirt, the smart-ass. The cleaning bill will set them back a pretty penny, I guess. And Italian prisons, these are fine places, I hear.

So yeah, fuckin' losers. I must know. I'm a Hertha fan, I have a fine nose for shite.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Re: Fuckin' losers!

Postby Мастер » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:19 pm

Tossers
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Richard A » Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:13 pm

Italy provides for fines of 15000€ for this kind of behaviour, as well, I think, as a modest prison sentence.

Sadly it confirms the popular image of the Bavarian - I now understand even more why Arneb used to emphasise that Nuremberg and the surrounding area are Franconia, part of Bavaria only in the technical political (Bundesland) sense.
Richard A
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lianachan » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:31 pm

We see graffiti, vandalism and damage to our legaly protected Monuments up here all the time. The police are practically non-existent, and the authorities don't even respond when the culprits have posted photos on social media of the acts being committed. The joys of over-tourism.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Return to Current Events and Politics