Drugs and the people who use them

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Postby Candy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:30 am

Lonewulf wrote:
Candy wrote:Yes, this doesn't seem right. They are then placed in a worse situation where they are raped repeatedly while imprisoned! :?

So goes the theory, at least. From what I've heard, rape in prison is pretty rare, and usually confined to the worse of the prisons.

My male cousin and sister were both in prison. My sister states she was raped and harrassed. My cousin committed suicide after breaking his probation, because he was repeatedly raped. He chose to die rather than return to a hell hole. He left behind two children, now teenagers. :cry:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:40 am

My wife runs an agency that finds employment for people coming out of the corrections system. Jobs for cons. She works with this cross section of the flower of humanity every day. She is concerned about the rape issue. Our son recently had a scrape with the law - youthful alcohol related - and she was petrified he might get jail time. All she could think of was him getting his ass fucked. He is a good looking kid.

All that is behind him now.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Candy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:50 am

Enzo wrote:My wife runs an agency that finds employment for people coming out of the corrections system. Jobs for cons. She works with this cross section of the flower of humanity every day. She is concerned about the rape issue. Our son recently had a scrape with the law - youthful alcohol related - and she was petrified he might get jail time. All she could think of was him getting his ass fucked. He is a good looking kid.

My male cousin had a small frame, skinny, no facial hair, and long hair. Prime for the taking and taking and taking...
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:58 am

Yep, they like those. Sorry.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:37 pm

Good thing I'm build more like a bear than.
Eeeew. :shock:
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 pm

Candy wrote:
My male cousin and sister were both in prison. My sister states she was raped and harrassed. My cousin committed suicide after breaking his probation, because he was repeatedly raped. He chose to die rather than return to a hell hole. He left behind two children, now teenagers. :cry:

what did they do to get there in the first place?
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:21 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Candy wrote:

I think the male cousin was caught with drugs. The sister was a habitual offender (driving offenses DUI / NO INSURANCE / NO LICENSE) - three strikes and your out law.
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:27 pm

Enzo wrote:My wife runs an agency that finds employment for people coming out of the corrections system. Jobs for cons. She works with this cross section of the flower of humanity every day. She is concerned about the rape issue. Our son recently had a scrape with the law - youthful alcohol related - and she was petrified he might get jail time. All she could think of was him getting his ass fucked. He is a good looking kid.

One of my ideas is that the whole prison system from the top down has to be thrown away and rethought and rebuilt into a different system completely. What I have in mind to replace it is so radical that I only tell people in person (that is "in person", not "in prison", in case you are not reading this carefully) because writing things online leaves too much open to misinterpretation as experience has shown.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:29 pm

Candy wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:
Candy wrote:

I think the male cousin was caught with drugs. The sister was a habitual offender (driving offenses DUI / NO INSURANCE / NO LICENSE) - three strikes and your out law.

That sucks. I feel sad for you and them.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:35 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Candy wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:
Candy wrote:

That sucks. I feel sad for you and them.
Don't feel sorry. It's just another classic example of dysfunction. :wink:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:35 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
One of my ideas is that the whole prison system from the top down has to be thrown away and rethought and rebuilt into a different system completely. What I have in mind to replace it is so radical that I only tell people in person (that is "in person", not "in prison", in case you are not reading this carefully) because writing things online leaves too much open to misinterpretation as experience has shown.

I completely agree that there needs to be major reform, but I have a feeling I'd disagree with you on how to reform it.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:42 am

Lonewulf wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:

I completely agree that there needs to be major reform, but I have a feeling I'd disagree with you on how to reform it.

why is that?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:36 pm

Instead of discussing why you would disagree, why not discuss your ideas for reform?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lonewulf » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:47 pm

Huh. I'm drawing a blank. I thought I had an idea on court reform, but when I really look in on it, I'm not so sure. It might just be that I'm somewhat tired and recovering from a bit of carousing last night.

Okay... let's see...

For one, I think that the Death Penalty shouldn't be a joke. If we're going to get rid of it, let's get rid of it (but with overpacked prisons and repeat offenders, I don't agree with that). If we're going to sentence someone to death, then do it. We should have a maximum "waiting time" of a month or two, and a minimum of a week (give him a chance to say goodbye to friends, family, a last meal, and hell, maybe even a party).

I like the lawyer system. That's good. Both lawyers are biased, but their job is to argue their case. However, I think that making a very poor case for your client (unless it's by the client's wishes), should be punishable by court. In short, if a lawyer gives a very poor case and his client ends up going to jail or being sentenced to death when they had a very good case they could've made, then the lawyer should go to jail himself. If a lawyer ends up botching a case, he should be punished (the more light the botch, the more light the sentence), whether through fines or jail. Depends on the crime, of course.

I think that ingesting Marijuana should not be punishable by jail time (I think that Marijuana should be legalized in the first place -- I've seen no convincing evidence that Marijuana is a dangerous drug). Then it should be taxed. This gives money to the government, which they can spend on what they want to spend it on. Furthermore, it's much easier to catch someone on tax evasion than smoking weed. Furthermore, this frees up our prisons some more.

There's a lot more change than this needed; a complete revamping of court process. However, I haven't thought it all out, so I can't offer much of a better idea.

Alternatively, make me dictator. That'll work, too.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:32 am

Bill, you want to talk in person so you won't be misunderstood. Perhaps after you are misunderstood in print time after time after time after time, you might consider the remote possibility, just the tiniest chance, that you don't communicate your ideas well.

Prison reform is laudable, but throwing out the whole thing sounds like hyperbole to me. I assume you don't think we can do away with lockups altogether? Prisons are busting at the seams because they are stuffed with non-violent offenders who pose a threat to no one. They are filling with people caught in a zero-tolerance mania. Some minor offense can trigger a life in prison.

It isn't the prison's fault that the court system sends them endless streams of people to house. It isn't their fault that the state doesn't expand their resources. It isn't the prisons' fault that we have developed a throw away the key attitude out here on teh streets.

Lonewulf
Death penalty is not a deterent, what purpose does it serve anyway? Killing someone is not like making them spend a weekend in teh pokey for DUI. You kill them they're dead. A month later the real killer is found - oops our bad.

Lawyers aer already liable for doing a poor job. But losing the case is not the same as doing a poor job. Who determines just what making as poor case is?

I agree that pot shouldn't put you in the pokey.

Dictater? Spud pud?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Candy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:39 am

I never thought about it that way before, Enzo. Perhaps, I am being too harsh on my older sister. :-k

She did steal and total my car, though. I didn't report it to the police. :evil:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:41 am

She did stalk me, while secretly working on the Junior Float for High School, and burned the freaking barn down that contained the Junior's endless hours of hard work. Now, McCutcheon is not allowed to have floats (since 1983). :evil:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:44 am

Candy wrote:She did stalk me, while secretly working on the Junior Float for High School, and burned the freaking barn down that contained the Junior's endless hours of hard work. Now, McCutcheon is not allowed to have floats (since 1983). :evil:

:glp-1rof1:

I'm sorry but that is frigging hilarious!
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Candy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:45 am

My older sister beat the lock off of my $200 Webco Bike for fun back in the early 80's. :evil:

Nah, she is a bad seed and prison served her well! :twisted:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:46 am

lol, Now common candy, you have to laugh at a some things that were serious in life, I mean, she burnt the barn down? ROFL
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Candy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:47 am

Dragon Star wrote:
Candy wrote:She did stalk me, while secretly working on the Junior Float for High School, and burned the freaking barn down that contained the Junior's endless hours of hard work. Now, McCutcheon is not allowed to have floats (since 1983). :evil:

:glp-1rof1:

I'm sorry but that is frigging hilarious!

My younger sisters and I had (and have) to live with that legacy. It's a good thing the rest of us were popular, pretty, and smart. :D
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:00 am

Considering these Wiki numbers, it seems safe to state that the US locks up more people than the rest of the Western world put together.
How did that happen?
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Postby Candy » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:06 am

Halcyon Dayz wrote:Considering these Wiki numbers, it seems safe to state that the US locks up more people than the rest of the Western world put together.
How did that happen?

I agree that perhaps there should be different levels of punishment. But what do you do with the continuous bad people like my sister? She continually does petty crimes, dope, and god knows what else. I disowned her a few years ago. I can't even stand to be in the same room with her. She has taught her children hate with black's and latino's. I went to my grandmother's funeral, and her youngest said the word nigger. I gave her a lecturing.
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:11 am

What do you do with those that smoke some weed, and end up thrown in jail?

Jail is a horrible place. You want someone to learn how to hate? Put them in jail. They'll instantly learn how to be racist, how to be raped (or rape), or they'll be killed.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:15 am

Some people, like apparently your sister, might need some confinement, but there are too many times some sap who is a two time loser, turns himself around and is getting it together only to have some stupid little misdemeanor be his third strike and off to prison for a long time he goes.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Next

Return to Current Events and Politics