Reasons to be against same sex marriage

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Reasons to be against same sex marriage

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sun May 14, 2006 6:54 pm

The religious intolerance thread reminded me of something I saw posted elsewhere that I liked and saved. Figured I'd share it here, but also in a spoiler since this too mocks the other side of the debate. ;)

[spoiler]Reasons People Have For Being Against Gay Marriage

1.) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, liposuction and air conditioning.

2.) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

3.) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

4.) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

5.) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

6.) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

7.) Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

8.) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

9.) Children can never succeed without both a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10.) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans...[/spoiler]
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Sun May 14, 2006 7:28 pm

Very very good argument.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sun May 14, 2006 10:39 pm

:=D:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Mon May 15, 2006 12:28 am

Of course! It makes so much sense now! #-o
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon May 15, 2006 1:09 am

Why shouldn't gays be allowed to carry guns?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Mon May 15, 2006 1:11 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Why shouldn't gays be allowed to carry guns?

Because most of them have a good enough reason to shoot someone?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Mon May 15, 2006 1:15 am

Oops, never mind. I got mixed up and thought I was in this thread.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Mon May 15, 2006 1:16 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Oops, never mind. I got mixed up and thought I was in this thread.

All well, thanks for the set up anyways. :)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Mon May 15, 2006 1:17 am

Gays should carry guns, just like anyone else. But that would be a topic for this thread.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon May 15, 2006 4:09 am

Should be allowed to anyway - IMO. :D
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby pmcolt » Mon May 15, 2006 5:21 am

When gay gunowners are outlawed, only gay outlaws will own guns. :wink:
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Gullible Jones » Mon May 15, 2006 11:17 am

"Drop... your... pants."

Sorry, I had to. No offense meant... :lol:
And so I watch two new suns spin; our paper man doesn't call - burnt shadow printed on the road, now there's nothing there at all.
Gullible Jones
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Enzo » Tue May 16, 2006 3:46 am

Gay guns?

Nuke a gay whale for Christ!
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Philip » Tue May 16, 2006 4:03 am

It is legal here in the UK. The world doesn't appear to have ended.

I have been invited out on a hen/hen night in August, I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully this time I'm not expected to wear a dress, last time I was at a hen night, I was...
Philip
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Joffan » Tue May 16, 2006 4:43 am

Now there's an argument against gay marriage that's stronger than any other I've heard... It is completely ludicrous to have both parties out together on their "last night out before marriage". Geez.
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Philip » Tue May 16, 2006 4:49 am

In the UK it is getting common for the stag and hen parties to meet up towards the end of the night. I don't like it either.
Philip
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby St. Jimmy » Wed May 17, 2006 11:06 pm

I honestly don't know why people shun gays and bi's. And I just don't get why gay marriage is illegal in some states. What is people's problem with gays and bi's? It really pisses me off when kids at school make fun of gay's and bi's in a mean way (when they're not joking around).
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed May 17, 2006 11:09 pm

It's because they are scared of them, and because they are they try and act bigger and higher then they are. People who act like that are pussies, it's a fact, because they act all bad, and when you get in their face they always back down.

That is the truth.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 18, 2006 5:55 pm

I don't think that's the truth.

I'm not defending them, but a lot of these guys aren't just bullies and pussies that are secretly afraid of their personal sexual orientation. They are, quite frankly, hateful sons of bitches, that have sometimes gone so far as to murder for their hate. Gay men have been burned alive, tortured, abused, and otherwise had painful and immoral acts acted upon them.

Gay women get off lucky -- they don't get outright abused and killed as often. But even they aren't safe.

I figure that, for a lot of these people that go out of their way to cause harm and pain, they're like the KKK. I wouldn't say that the KKK were afraid that they were black; but I would say that they were scared enough to hide their faces and gang-beat or kill a near-defenceless man.

So I would agree with them being "afraid" up to a point, but then I'd have to back off. Though claiming that they're afraid that they are gay is kinda fun if you just want to rile 'em up.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu May 18, 2006 8:52 pm

I am half of the size of most of those kids that make fun of gays, I get right in their face, nose to nose, and DARE them to touch me, and they walk away...when met with confrontation they back down almost every time. Put it this way, if I got in one of those kids faces like that for another reason, we would be in fist fight, but it the subject is about someone that is gay, they back down, why is that? Because they KNOW it is wrong, they abuse those who are weak, and when they know conscientiously that what they are doing is wrong, it scares them. But they still get satisfaction from others pain, and they use someone being gay as an excuse.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Current Events and Politics