Korean Missile

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Well what should we do?

Preemtive strike
9%
Shoot it down
55%
Wait and see
36%

Total votes : 11

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:09 am

Superluminal wrote:Who did Bill attack? Me?

Probably, but it's not important. Just stay cool. 8)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:55 am

So now they're saying that missile was targeting Hawaii. Pretty nervy little country.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:34 am

It is true. I provided the links to back it up.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:35 am

Going in the general direction of and aiming at are not the same thing. I think it is a pretty large leap of logic to imply they were trying to hit Hawaii. If I go pee behind the garage, I might be aiming east, but I am hardly "targeting" the WHite House.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:40 am

Good point Enzo. 8)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:44 am

Enzo wrote:Going in the general direction of and aiming at are not the same thing. I think it is a pretty large leap of logic to imply they were trying to hit Hawaii. If I go pee behind the garage, I might be aiming east, but I am hardly "targeting" the WHite House.

Tell that to CNN, they were the ones reporting it.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:48 am

Well, are their any logical targets between them and Hawaii?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:14 am

It was a laughable and complete dud, wasn't it?

Didn't the thing fall into the ocean after about 30 seconds?
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:42 pm

These are ballistic missiles and follow a ballistic trajectory. You can tell real soon after launch where a missile is aimed at. It's true that "pointed at" may not matter, but "on a trajectory toward" probably means that's where it was going if it had not failed.

No. No one in this thread. The link referenced Corpus Christi.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bandit » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:48 pm

I don't think it's inconceivable that the N Koreans intended for their missile to impact near Hawaii. They shot a missile across Japan's bow back in the late 90s. It would've sent a message of what they could do.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:39 pm

Wow, their missiles suck. I don't want any.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:41 pm

Bandit wrote:I don't think it's inconceivable that the N Koreans intended for their missile to impact near Hawaii. They shot a missile across Japan's bow back in the late 90s. It would've sent a message of what they could do.

And as I recall, the only reason the Japanese knew about it was because the Americans told them. I think it was a bit of a wake-up call for Japan. . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Superluminal » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:33 am

I wonder if the it could have been an intentional failure. To test our missile defence response? To see if we could determine the target early in the flight? So, if Hawaii was the target, they know we can do a pretty good job of tracking their missiles. If they put another TD2 on the pad, I now think taking it out before they can launch would be a good idea.

I think B_T miss read my earlier post. If he had read it a little closer, he would have seen that I was referring to North Korean papers. At least he got some exercise looking up all those links.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:15 am

Well, apparently the North Korean news is hailing their missile tests as a success.

http://www.kcna.co.jp/index-e.htm

Just wonder what would happen to some young aspiring journalist, if he printed anything about the flight of the Taipodud 2?

Goto past news, July 7.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:59 am

Lance wrote:These are ballistic missiles and follow a ballistic trajectory. You can tell real soon after launch where a missile is aimed at. It's true that "pointed at" may not matter, but "on a trajectory toward" probably means that's where it was going if it had not failed.

No. No one in this thread. The link referenced Corpus Christi.

What was said about Corpus Christi? I forget.

Link removed - umop

By the way, this thing sounds a lot like "Type O' Dong". Well, what does the missile look like? It is a type o' dong. Like a scene from an Austin Powers movie.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:21 pm

Bill, posing a link to another board where you posted the same personal attack is not acceptable behavior. Don't try to circumvent this board's moderation.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:42 pm

I think we should use reverse psychology on North Korea. Instead of saying "hey, you had better not test any nuclear weapons" we should say, "hey, lets all test our nuclear weapons and see how many people they can wipe out". And we could offer some cities as suggestions. That is all I am saying. I think it would work.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bandit » Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:31 pm

IMO, Pyongyang will continue it's sabre-rattling as long as it has the desired effect. I know the PTB don't listen to me but if I was 'running the show' this country would have publicly ho-hummed the North Korean flashes n' splashes the other day. Kim Jong-il's disciples mainly did it to garner attention from a preoccupied USA and despite some impotent jumping up and down by Washington and Tokyo (which, despite their Taepodong-2 failure, must have the N Koreans smiling with satisfaction), nothing's really going to happen anyway as any Security Council action with teeth will be opposed by Russia & China. Sound familiar?
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:42 am

Bandit wrote:the North Korean flashes n' splashes

:glp-1rof1:
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:59 am

I think we are taking the wrong approach with North Korea.

We should agree instead to openly "test" our nuclear weapons on them as well. The next "test" they make we should tell them will be returned with a "test" of our own. Let's see how many cities we can wipe out in North Korea with a plutonium bomb.

We should offer a slightly different approact to Iran as well. I have some ideas.

I am not saying we actually go through with it. But if they are not getting any results they are looking for, I think they will stop.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:13 am

Lance wrote:No. No one in this thread. The link referenced Corpus Christi.

Huh, I suddenly see a reason to get interested in this thread...

Y'know, I promise I won't personally attack anyone, and can take the "personal attack" myself... so I'm going to start up a thread for the purpose of asking Bill why he's so focused on Corpus Christi. I'm curious as to his reasons, and he really does want to bring it up multiple times... I promise to not pursue it as a flame war, period, no matter what Bill says.

Yes, that seems like a little big of a promise, but I can do it!
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:21 am

I believe in you. :wink: (I want to know as well, so it should be interesting...)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:35 am

Closing this during split-and-merge...

Edit: reopened. Some posts were moved here.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:21 pm

N C More wrote:I have a feeling that the USA would shoot the missile down if North Korea does launch it (even slightly) in our direction. I don't think we'd miss either, check out link.

All I can say is, Bandit was right! North Korea is apparently a much bigger "loose cannon" than Iran!

I have to say, I think reverse psychology would work. If they won't agree to limit nuclear tests, then what if we agree to further nuclear tests? Another arms race would be winnable on our part. And it might be the only and best solution.

Just think of it. What if their blackmailing the world suddenly failed to get any results? What if they got a clear message that said, "you want an arms race... ok, you got an arms race". I am not a global economist but I imagine their already stressed poor country would colapse.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bandit » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:19 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:...I have to say, I think reverse psychology would work. If they won't agree to limit nuclear tests, then what if we agree to further nuclear tests? Another arms race would be winnable on our part. And it might be the only and best solution.

Just think of it. What if their blackmailing the world suddenly failed to get any results? What if they got a clear message that said, "you want an arms race... ok, you got an arms race". I am not a global economist but I imagine their already stressed poor country would colapse.
North Korea is already investing everything it has into it's military/security apparatus and has throughout it's existence so there's no need for such an initiative even if it made sense. The N Korean economy would have collapsed long ago if it wasn't for foreign aid and still might at any time.

Regarding an "arms race" - how many nukes do you think North Korea has? How many nukes do you think the United States has?
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events and Politics