UK attacked by Wile E. Coyote

Discussions of things currently in the news.

UK attacked by Wile E. Coyote

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:38 pm

Stunningly inept attempted bomb attacks. Of the two suicide bombers at Glasgow Airport, one only managed to set fire to himself and the other got a kicking from bystanders.

Bush league compared to the IRA.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Re: UK attacked by Wile E. Coyote

Postby Мастер » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Stunningly inept attempted bomb attacks. Of the two suicide bombers at Glasgow Airport, one only managed to set fire to himself and the other got a kicking from bystanders.

If he dies, Darwin award candidate.

Heid the Ba' wrote:Bush league compared to the IRA.

How is minister McGuinness doing these days?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:14 pm

The definition of irony in Ulster is to make a man who used to make bombs out of fertiliser the Minister for Agriculture. :D

The IRA are/were murdering scum but at least they were well trained and good at it. If they had been involved at the weekend they would have made sure the Jeep fitted through the doorway; or set off a suitcase bomb inside and a vehicle bomb outside as they evacuated the building.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby The Beer Slayer » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:31 pm

I heard the bystanders were Scots
I plead the Fifth, but if you want to get pushy I'll plead the Second.
The Beer Slayer
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Enzo » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:04 am

I heard they used an Acme exploding car.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:08 am

Cruel Redneck wrote:I heard the bystanders were Scots

Yep, never get between a Scot and his fortnight on a Spanish beach.

Latest conspiracy theory is that the US was behind it. Virtually every flight out of Glasgow on a saturday is a holiday flight and George Bush is always on about the War against Tourism . . .

I'll get me coat. :oops:
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Мастер » Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:07 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:
Cruel Redneck wrote:I heard the bystanders were Scots

Yep, never get between a Scot and his fortnight on a Spanish beach.

Latest conspiracy theory is that the US was behind it. Virtually every flight out of Glasgow on a saturday is a holiday flight and George Bush is always on about the War against Tourism . . .

I'll get me coat. :oops:

That one's old :) One of the interpretations of Yasser Arafat's 1988 mumbled "I renounce terrorism" was "I renounce tourism" :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:16 am

The baggage handler who gave one of the terrorists a kicking now has a website dedicated to him.

Public donations have paid for over 1,000 pints to be put aside for him at the airport hotel.

Gaun yirsel Big Man!

edit to add: You can't headbutt a burning man, so . . .
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Superluminal » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:20 am

Think about this: We're over there fighting them in Iraq and Afganistan. We've been killing and capturing terrorists and their leaders. Forcing them out to fight us in their lands instead of here. And what do we have here? So far, a bunch of wannabe terrorist cells that have been busted up fairly easily. One group asked their Al-quaida contact, actually an FBI informant, for Al-quaida uniforms. Uniforms for a terrorist group? I wish.

If we wern't fighting them over there, we may not have Wily Coyote or other amaturish wannabe's. We may be dealing with well trained and motivated people. People who could smell out and avoid an informant. Recognize a weak link and eliminate him. But most importantly, put together a bomb that actually works, or co-ordinate an attack, such as the Ft. Dix Six were trying, and kill alot of people.

Just something to think about as we celebrate our Independance this 4rth of July.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:15 am

Superluminal wrote:One group asked their Al-quaida contact, actually an FBI informant, for Al-quaida uniforms.

You have to get the membership card first.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:44 am

Oh, they'd be after us whether we were fighting "over there" or not. After all, the ones over there in Iraq are not the ones who would be attacking us here in the first place.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:51 am

The doctors where over there to begin with. But they slipped through the cracks because they had skills that were usefull in the west. Who would suspect drs.?, pilots wanting to immigrate and work for United might get a second look, but not drs. They may have been good drs., fortunatly they were incompetent terrorists. Which is my point, the competent terrorists are tied up in Iraq being killed and captured. The best they can do now is slip bozo's like these into the west. If we tuck tail and run, whatever is left of the terrorists will be free to train, plan and make their way here.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:57 am

That argument seems to assume there is like a discrete army of them, a finite group, and all we have to do is round them up and the problem is solved. Like we have the Michigan National Guard. There are so many thousand of them, and if you rounded them up and stored them, there would be no more MNG going on. And that would be the case there. But Al Qaida is not a finite group. It is a group like democrats or republicans, or catholics, or muslims, or gun nuts, golfers, or stamp collectors, or vengeful relatives and vengeful religionists. You can round all those up, and tomorrow there will be new ones.

The big ticket is the USA, they have not forgot that. I don't think they will forget just because we sit in Iraq. The 9/11 group were Saudis, not Iraqi or Afghani. This latest group seem to have come up with the idea on their own. Had they gone for some training, they might have pulled it off.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:53 am

They may have come up with the idea on their own. But they didn't have adequate training to pull off their attacks. Could it be that there was no safe place for them to go for training?

I think you meant the Michigan Militia, not the national guard. I've never heard of any problems with the Michigan National Guard. In fact, a MNG plane once flew me from Argentina back to Arkansas.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:23 pm

Not the militia, they are the gun guys running around the north woods.

No there is no problem at all with the MNG. I only offered them as an example of a finite group. If there are 10,000 of them and you round up all 10,000 and shoot them, there is no longer a MNG until you recruit, train and depoy another group.

I intended to contrast that with the ongoing converts to terrorist outlooks. If someone shoots your father, tomorrow YOU are a terrorist. If all your life you have heard the great satan is trying to take over your homeland, when you are old enough to tote a gun, you will. There is no ALL of them to round up was my point.

Remember the safe place for training of the 9/11 group was flight schools in the USA.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:52 am

The latest NIC threat assesment is of the opinion that the only al-Qa'ida group threatening the US is al-Qa'ida in Iraq, which didn't exist before the invasion. The only other group likely to threaten the US is Hizballah and only if the US continues to threaten Iran. (Does the term "The Homeland" make anyone else wince? Echoes of Heimat and all that implied.)
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Lance » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:40 am

Heid the Ba' wrote:(Does the term "The Homeland" make anyone else wince? Echoes of Heimat and all that implied.)

I seem to recall hearing an explanation of why Homeland was chosen. They wanted to avoid Fatherland and Motherland as both those terms had been used already and had bad memories. Yeah... So we'll ruin this one.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:42 pm

How about Lebensraum? Or maybe The Committee of Public Safety?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:41 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote: Or maybe The Committee of Public Safety?

I had to Google that. :oops: I was expecting something Stalinist or Orwellian but had the wrong revolution.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Have you noticed lately we are appointing more "Czars?" They put someone in charge of something and call him the czar of it. All well and good as a slang term, but what I never hear is the person's actual title.

SInce we seem hell bent to become the new USSR, it shouldn't be surprising.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:42 am

Enzo wrote:Have you noticed lately we are appointing more "Czars?" They put someone in charge of something and call him the czar of it. All well and good as a slang term, but what I never hear is the person's actual title.

They could call them "Supremos" (perhaps Heid the Ba' will comment?)

Enzo wrote:SInce we seem hell bent to become the new USSR, it shouldn't be surprising.

Well, that's the place that got rid of the tsars :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:08 am

Stalin was so different from a Czar...
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Return to Current Events and Politics