horrible tragedy in Iraq

Discussions of things currently in the news.

horrible tragedy in Iraq

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:52 am

It is a bad day for the world. A horrible tragedy has happened in Iraq and reported today in Washington D.C. The head of the American forces in Iraq has reported that the troop surge is working and that the American forces (under the "leadership" of G.W. Bush) might be succeeding and be able to withdrawal in a few months.

This is a horrible turn of events and damages our agenda to get our great leader Hillary into the oval office.

Let me explain further. As this image taken from Hillary's web site clearly shows ( http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h292/ ... reason.gif ). We are banking on the American public being sick of the Iraqi war and being convinced that it was a mistake and we need to get out. We need to stifle the idea that if we leave too soon it will cause a power vacuum that Iran or Al Qaeda will fill. The continued bad news and the death toll to American forces has proven successful in diverting the attention to what might happen if we leave too soon. "Good" news that the troop surge has been "successful" will make this great campaign goal of Hillary's look meaningless.

We need to get our people -- and by "our people" I mean our press -- back on track and start reporting the bad news in Iraq. The good news keeps leaking out in for form of benefits to the Iraqi people that our industry is providing such as utilities and clean water. We must overwhelm this good news with continued bad news and then maybe Hillary will have a chance.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 am

There, Scott, if you wondered why we hold Bill in such low regard - the perfect example is provided by same.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 am

Ummm ... yeah ... I guess you have to be a Hillary fan to think we're in a quagmire over there, eh?

I should ask my Father-In-Law the Colonel if he'll vote for her or Obama, eh? I'm sure that would cause all kinds of fun.

I'd ask Brent's parents what he has to say, but since he's dead, I doubt that they'll have anything good to say about it, either. He was a good kid, a good customer and now he's a good corpse.

Just remember - I'm a write-in candidate again and you just may get a cabinet position if I get your vote. I promise I'll be the first President to say "FUCK YOU" on international television. And mean it.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:25 am

Really, we just fucked this whole thing up from Day One. Too bad, as we could have made a difference in Afghanistan had we spent the time, money and put the troops on the ground there. And we shouldn't have gone in there 'til after the basics were taken care of by our Special Ops guys.

But we had to make a big fucking splash after Sept 11. Frankly, I would have rather have heard about the movers and shakers being killed years later than to let them know we were coming and when, so that they could have the time to escape. Stupid.

But here we are and I seriously doubt we're going anywhere for a long time, no matter who's in office. You, me, us - the little guys - we're fucked and we're going to pay for it, along with our kids. Meanwhile, the war profiteers are gonna keep making the money, paying off our politicians and we're going to keep paying the fucking Saudis to pay the nutcases to teach the kids to hate us and so on and so forth.

Yes, I'm on a rant here ...

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:05 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Really, we just fucked this whole thing up from Day One. Too bad, as we could have made a difference in Afghanistan had we spent the time, money and put the troops on the ground there. And we shouldn't have gone in there 'til after the basics were taken care of by our Special Ops guys.

But we had to make a big fucking splash after Sept 11. Frankly, I would have rather have heard about the movers and shakers being killed years later than to let them know we were coming and when, so that they could have the time to escape. Stupid.

But here we are and I seriously doubt we're going anywhere for a long time, no matter who's in office. You, me, us - the little guys - we're fucked and we're going to pay for it, along with our kids. Meanwhile, the war profiteers are gonna keep making the money, paying off our politicians and we're going to keep paying the fucking Saudis to pay the nutcases to teach the kids to hate us and so on and so forth.

Yes, I'm on a rant here ...

Woof! - Scott

Precisely why I'm hoping Hillary is in office. I can finally point and laugh at the devastation she causes.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:44 am

Hahahahahahahaha!

Well, you know, DS, you could always vote for me! I promise you, I'll cause lots of damage once in office. Just name your poison and I'll look into what it will take to make it happen.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:45 pm

Blue Monster 65 wrote:Hahahahahahahaha!

Well, you know, DS, you could always vote for me! I promise you, I'll cause lots of damage once in office. Just name your poison and I'll look into what it will take to make it happen.

Woof! - Scott

You're still not as reliable as she is, hell, you might actually attempt good faith or something...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:25 am

I think the first thing I'd do is nuke Switzerland.

Why? Because if you go out and do that the first day in office, people are going to sit up and pay attention.

"Why'd you nuke Switzerland?"

"'Cause it's a fucking Tuesday and I hate Tuesdays more than Mondays - you got a problem with that, crispy?"

"Uhhh ... nooo ... What can we do for you, Mr. President? Erm ... and the American People?"

Yep. Get things sorted out real quick. :twisted:

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:55 am

Blue Monster 65 wrote:I think the first thing I'd do is nuke Switzerland.

Why? Because if you go out and do that the first day in office, people are going to sit up and pay attention.

"Why'd you nuke Switzerland?"

"'Cause it's a fucking Tuesday and I hate Tuesdays more than Mondays - you got a problem with that, crispy?"

"Uhhh ... nooo ... What can we do for you, Mr. President? Erm ... and the American People?"

Yep. Get things sorted out real quick. :twisted:

Woof! - Scott

Fuck Switzerland, use some precision nukes on Canada! Go ahead and take out New York while your at it...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:08 am

Hmmm ... since the last time I was in NYC I got hit by a cab, I guess I could be easily persuaded on that target ...

Canada, though? That's just ... I dunno ... kicking someone when they're down ... unconcious ... and already been kicked a few times ...

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:30 am

Nah, only kidding. However, the fact that they allow the continued existence of a political party whose stated goal is the dissolution of Canada scares me, just a little.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:40 am

Dragon Star wrote:Nah, only kidding. However, the fact that they allow the continued existence of a political party whose stated goal is the dissolution of Canada scares me, just a little.

The Bloc Québécois? If they get their way, there'd still be a Canada, just a smaller one, and in two pieces. So I guess you'd need your passport to drive from Kingston to Halifax :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:45 am

Actually, I just found something at Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:The Bloc Québécois (BQ) is a centre-left federal political party in Canada that defines itself as devoted to the promotion of sovereignty for Quebec. It holds as its goal the "defense of the interests of all Québécois in Ottawa" (notably by promoting, in the federal parliament, the consensus of the National Assembly of Quebec). It has very close relations with the Parti Québécois (PQ, whose members are known as "Péquistes"), though it is incorrect to say that one is a branch of the other, because of the differing essential missions of these two political parties. While the PQ, as a provincial political party, is free to advocate the secession or separation of Quebec from Canadian Confederation, the BQ, as a federal political party, by definition, is not. The BQ, therefore, advocates for the political gain of individual Quebecers at the federal level, but cannot, by definition, do so for secession of Quebec collectively from being a Canadian province to being an independent sovereign state.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:19 am

Dragon Star wrote:Nah, only kidding. However, the fact that they allow the continued existence of a political party whose stated goal is the dissolution of Canada scares me, just a little.

It's called democracy. :D Most countries have parties who want devolution of power or a separate state for a nationalist or ethnic group. If the majority of Quebecois want to secede from Canada there is no logical or democratic basis to force them to stay. If you believe otherwise then tear up your constitution, burn your flag and come on home. :D
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:31 am

Secede? Well we did have that bit of unpleasantness back about 1865 here in the US of A.

I wonder if our president has heard of this "democracy" thing. Having to not always get your way in the interest of it might be stressful.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby KLA2 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:08 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:

It's called democracy. :D Most countries have parties who want devolution of power or a separate state for a nationalist or ethnic group. If the majority of Quebecois want to secede from Canada there is no logical or democratic basis to force them to stay. If you believe otherwise then tear up your constitution, burn your flag and come on home. :D

:=D:

Good one, Haid.

However, at this point in history, the Separatists are more about squeezing money and concessions out of the Federal government than any idealistic purpose. In my opinion. As with almost all things, there are no good guys or bad guys. Gross oversimplification, the British beat the French in a war. The French in Canada (a fine and founding people) were treated shabbily for a couple of hundred years. From both within and without their culture. Of course, they were only considered French because they did not learn to speak English. {Oversimplification}.

On the other hand, on the language issue, if they do form a seperate country, I am sure all you Americans will gladly become bilingual in French, right? :roll: Just like all Canadians are required to. :evil:

{Psst. Don't tell them about those freedom fries.} :lol:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby MM_Dandy » Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:47 pm

Well, that depends, French and what other language?
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Superluminal » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:44 am

In America, wees gots enuff truble with Inglish too bother lernin another ferin langij.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:59 am

Them are the facts, word.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:07 am

Keepin' it real!

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:38 pm

Al-Qaida in Iraq reported crippled
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21299285/

The U.S. military believes it has dealt devastating and perhaps irreversible blows to al-Qaeda in Iraq in recent months, leading some generals to advocate a declaration of victory over the group, which the Bush administration has long described as the most lethal U.S. adversary in Iraq.

Al Qaeda In Iraq Defeated?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/10/ ... 6346.shtml

(CBS/AP) Many U.S. military commanders in Iraq believe they have dealt a large enough blow to al Qaeda in Iraq to declare victory over the group, according to a report in the Washington Post.

The Iraq franchise of Osama bin Laden's terror network has been deemed the deadliest threat facing American forces and their allies since shortly after the 2003 invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein.

U.S. generals tout recent successes against the Sunni militants as evidence that al Qaeda in Iraq, known by the acronym AQI, may have been dealt a blow from which it cannot recover.

Since getting out of Iraq is Hillary's #1 campaign goal, this might not look good for her.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Holy crap! CBS and MSNBC both reported something agreeable? :shock:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:36 am

I think it's too early to get out the "Mission Accomplished" sign yet.
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:07 am

Not for W.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:54 pm

Superluminal wrote:I think it's too early to get out the "Mission Accomplished" sign yet.

We have a luxury in having simplified History Text books in our schools. Omitted are facts like after D-Day, snipers were always clearing the streets in France when the people came out to greet the American liberators. Also I have not read how Japan was in termoil when they were trying to gain a new political system after the war.

Of course, it is not nearly as bad as it is now, but then again, provinces in Iraq are constantly being turned over to the Iraqis and it is hard to find this in the American media.

Iraq province to be handed over
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/5302846.stm
http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/ ... &edition=i

Iraq violence: monitoring the surge
The number of violent deaths in Iraq fell again this week, as the US military commander in the country told Congress that the troop "surge" was working.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6993516.stm

Deaths in Iraq 'continue to fall'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7073160.stm
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Next

Return to Current Events and Politics