Piss up + brewery = inactivity

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Piss up + brewery = inactivity

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:09 am

Our tax service, HMRC, put 25 million people's details on CD, gave it to a delivery company, who lost it, or delivered it to someone who lost it. No security involved, just CDs in an envelope.

They are trying to blame it on the recent merger of Customs & Excise (big, relatively efficient for the government) and Inland Revenue (way too big, way too inefficient). The merger was one of these things announced and rammed through for political ends, integration seems to have been simply carried out by changing the signs on buildings and transferring managers to the other part of HMRC where they had no idea what they were doing.

This is a smokescreen it is just a fuckup. I doubt the CDs will ever be used for anything nefarious, they will be lost in a desk somewhere.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby troubleagain » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:36 pm

Still...not good.
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby KLA2 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:41 am

I am at a loss for words. Privacy is truly an archaic concept. A similar thing happened over 20 years ago with Revenue Canada, Taxation (RCT)who subsequently changed their name to the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA), then Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) as it remains this week. :roll: A box of microfiche containing the tax records of (millions?) of Canadians was stolen from a RCT office and never recovered, prompting a massive security overhaul, like locking the doors at night. :lol:

What my poor feeble brain cannot deduce is what the title of this thread has to do with the OP?? :?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:20 am

Is that the Scottish tax service? Are people starting to wish they had voted NO/NO back on that historic day in 1997?
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:14 am

UK tax service, it is reserved to Westminster.

KLA2
It is a badly phrased reference to our government's inability to organise a pissup in a brewery.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Return to Current Events and Politics