Chinese Guest In US Naval Exercise

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Chinese Guest In US Naval Exercise

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:25 pm

A friend of mine sent me this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811

Here's another take on it: http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_News/2 ... rned/7525/

This same friend once told me about how, back in the early 1980's when there was still a Soviet Union, the sub he was on was "observing" the Soviets' exercises up near the Arctic Circle. They became entangled in some underwater cables and that was when the Soviets conveniently began firing in their general direction.

Woof! - Scott
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby KLA2 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:51 pm

Hmmm. I would say the Chinese did the Americans a big favour by "popping up" harmlessly instead of concealing this weakness. :wink:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 pm

It wasn't named "Red October" by any chance, was it? Kitty Hawk should've signaled them in Morse code, asking them if they wished to defect.

Hmm. Chinese contribute to US politicians. Chinese steal US nuclear secrets. Chinese attempt to hack US intelligence agencies' computer networks. Chinese demonstrate the capability of navigating one of their submarines into one of our carrier groups, undetected until they decide to surface. I'm sort of curious to see what happens next. The mass wave of recalled Chinese products was actually part of a 10-year plan by the communist Chinese to take advantage of American consumerism and kill us all through various poisoning methods, thus taking down the only major superpower that could oppose them?

Hmm... think I may head over to the Conspiracies section...
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Current Events and Politics