Why do we like Hillary?

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Why do we like Hillary?

Postby Bill_Thompson » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:22 pm

Why do we like Hillary? And why do people get defensive when they are asked that question? I get a lot of angry responses when I ask that question in "Progressive" web forums. It is just a question. Why is it frowned upon to ask it? I have yet to get any sort of answer.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:55 pm

They probably think your sexist.

But based on most people here, well, we don't like Hillary. :?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby pmcolt » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:33 am

Because I've seen enough Twilight Zone to know what happens when I stop thinking happy thoughts.

I don't see the appeal, even among the Democrats. It could be the novelty of a woman running for President. Or it might be that, without a Bush or a Kennedy willing and able to run, they want to keep a Presidential dynasty alive. The youngest voters have never seen a President other than a Bush or a Clinton in the White House, after all. Honestly, I don't know.
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby troubleagain » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:02 am

Maybe because for the most part, life was good under the first Clinton presidency?
Resistance ain't no good. Y'all's gonna be assimilated.--The Good Ol' Borg
-------------------
I'm never so happy as when I'm covered in bird poop, cat hair, dog slobber and garden dirt.
troubleagain
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:43 am

troubleagain wrote:Maybe because for the most part, life was good under the first Clinton presidency?

It wasn't for me, personally.

I don't think it was good for most people in Kosovo, Mogodishu, in Chicago during the heat wave, or Rwanda -- as well as anyone in the dot com industry -- during the Clinton presidency.

And besides, if it was good for most people, doesn't that mean that Bush Senior and Regan did their jobs?

There are lots of reasons why we should NOT vote for Hillary just because she is Bill Clinton's wife. There are lots of reasons why we should NOT vote for Hillary just because she is a woman too. Imagine if she had no connection to Bill Clinton and imagine if she was not a woman. Would some guy who behaved as she does have any chance to become president?

A woman I work with who supports Hillary told me that if Obama were white, he would be the front-runner in the Democratic party. This is all the more reason why he should be.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Return to Current Events and Politics