Cheap Political Hillary Shots

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Cheap Political Hillary Shots

Postby KLA2 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Split From: Hillary dead from heart attack -Lance
==================================

Oh, and Enzo, the prank you pulled here did not go unnoticed. I'm sure you hooked everyone who read the subject line, me included. :lol: BT is probably still having palpitations. :wink:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:43 am

I didn't realize he was still alive.

He's not.

Actually I figured folks would expect BT's name on the byline.

Always going for that cognitive dissonance.

See, I WAS paying attention in college.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:16 pm

I have not done any fact checking on this yet. But this is what I have heard.

I have heard that Hillary Clinton has not wasted any time to make this death into some sort of career boost for her.

From what people have told me, she has said that she was named after Sir Hillary. Now, I do not know for sure if this is true. But let me continue. Since Hillary -- The Senator -- was born AFTER Sir Hillary climed Mt. Everest -- wouldn't that mean that she was named something else prior to him becoming famous? Was it Little Miss Anti-Christ? Or does this just mean that, once again, Hillary Clinton has lied and she is betting that the American Public is too stupid to figure it out.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby pmcolt » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Update: Bill Responds to News of Hillary's Unexpected Death

Bill_Thompson wrote:I have not done any fact checking on this yet. But this is what I have heard.

Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

Bill_Thompson wrote:From what people have told me, she has said that she was named after Sir Hillary. Now, I do not know for sure if this is true. But let me continue. Since Hillary -- The Senator -- was born AFTER Sir Hillary climed Mt. Everest -- wouldn't that mean that she was named something else prior to him becoming famous?

To be correct, Hillary the Senator was born BEFORE Sir Edmund's expedition reached the summit, making her about five years old when the event occurred. And, of course, she was not a Senator at birth. But your point remains valid. I believe there's a note about this on her Wikipedia biography, and an article on Snopes.com. And here's an article from the Red Star--I mean--the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/nyregion/17hillary.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Back in high school, one of the teachers told us about the time that he appeared on Jeopardy. (This was supposedly in the days before Alex Trebek hosted, which in itself blew our minds. We knew of no Jeopardy host other than Trebek.)

According to him, the screening question that got him onto the show was something like:

[spoiler]What world-famous event was accomplished by a New Zealand beekeeper on 29 May 1953?[/spoiler]

He was the only one who correctly answered "What is 'climbing Mount Everest'."
Best before June 2000
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:46 pm

pmcolt wrote:To be correct, Hillary the Senator was born BEFORE Sir Edmund's expedition reached the summit, making her about five years old when the event occurred. And, of course, she was not a Senator at birth. But your point remains valid. I believe there's a note about this on her Wikipedia biography, and an article on Snopes.com. And here's an article from the Red Star--I mean--the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/nyregion/17hillary.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

So she couldn't have been named after him. Which was my point.
Now, did she actually SAY that she was?

Your link says "But yesterday, Mrs. Clinton’s campaign said she was not named for Sir Edmund after all." Well, who said she was? Did Hillary say she was or did one of her staff?

“It was a sweet family story her mother shared to inspire greatness in her daughter, to great results I might add,” said Jennifer Hanley, a spokeswoman for the campaign.

Well, it seems Hillary's mom lied to her when Hillary was a kid. God Damn! I am glad I had better parents.

Now the fact that Hillary has gotten her mom to lie on a campaign ad is not so suprising.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:00 am

Gee Bill, with this coup to boost your spirits, if only you had some evidence that showed Hillary - The Senator - and Britney Spears were related, you could explode in a great greasy green cloudy of smoke in self-congratulation. Texas and Arkansas are not that far apart, you know.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby woowoo » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:21 am

Maybe chelsea clinton listened to one of britney's records.
Agreeing with a woowoo, is how woowoos breed !!!.

How many woodchucks would wood chuck if wood could chuck woodchucks ?.
woowoo
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:19 pm

So I guess you concede that Hillary's mom is a liar and her silly little Oprahfied commercial is not worth anything.

woowoo wrote:Maybe chelsea clinton listened to one of britney's records.

Since I am familiar with Stanford, such an image is hard to conjure.

Enzo wrote:Gee Bill, with this coup to boost your spirits, if only you had some evidence that showed Hillary - The Senator - and Britney Spears were related, you could explode in a great greasy green cloudy of smoke in self-congratulation. Texas and Arkansas are not that far apart, you know.

Yes, but is Britney from Texas? And Hillary isn't really from Arkansas. Have you been duped by Hillary's fake accent and pandering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zotg92j0 ... re=related
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:06 pm

KLA2 wrote:
Heid the Ba' wrote:The Kiwis are giving him a state funeral, which probably means the PM will wear a big hat. Someone will mumble something like "The big bastard was a good bloke . . .", then they'll all look a bit sheepish and get hammered.

While I appreciate the wordplay in the title, perhaps any discussions about US politics could be moved to a different thread? He was after all an apolitical Kiwi.

I agree with Haid. Sir Ed was a man, modest to a fault, who accomplished much good in his life. A little respect is due.

There are other threads where cheap political shots can be taken.

Against him?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:29 am

"Cheap Political Hillary Shots" implies that someone can say something good about her. Apart from a lie or something you should be able to say about anyone, thre is nothing good to say.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:55 am

And that is about a cheap a shot to take as there is, Bill, thanks for making the case for cheap shots.

I wonder if your mother ever mentioned Santa Claus to you Bill, obviously your mother was a liar.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:57 am

Thanks Lance.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:18 pm

Enzo wrote:Gee Bill, with this coup to boost your spirits, if only you had some evidence that showed Hillary - The Senator - and Britney Spears were related, you could explode in a great greasy green cloudy of smoke in self-congratulation. Texas and Arkansas are not that far apart, you know.

Britney Spears was born in McComb, Mississippi, and raised in Kentwood, Louisiana. So who is from Texas?? And Hillary is not from Arkansas and Bill Clinton almost lost the election for governor because his wife is from The North.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:09 am

Who cares?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:24 am

Enzo wrote:Who cares?

I just want to know what you are talking about.

DragonStar, time to post your signature.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:27 am

Enzo wrote:And that is about a cheap a shot to take as there is, Bill, thanks for making the case for cheap shots.

I wonder if your mother ever mentioned Santa Claus to you Bill, obviously your mother was a liar.

:lol: That is a far cry from continuing the lie into adulthood. In Bill Clinton's book "My Life" he indicated that he and Hillary still thought that the lie was true.

Not exactly the same thing as telling a child about Santa Claus.

As if I had a 6th sense, I was wondering if you would make this sort of comparison.

What does the caption of this thread mean, anyway? I thought a cheap shot was like hitting below the belt. Can we start a thread called "rational reasons why Hillary won't be elected"?

If not, here is the first draft blog post:
http://gelsana.spaces.live.com/
by the way, yes, I see some typos.
"a crowd who was impressed" not "a crowd who were impressed"
but I was rushed.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:58 pm

Enzo wrote:And that is about a cheap a shot to take as there is, Bill, thanks for making the case for cheap shots.

She said it like a game. So, no, she wasn't a liar.

Can you please explain the comment "obviously your mother was a liar". Are things often obvious to you that you don't know about?

Enzo wrote:Who cares?

I envy your arsenal of snappy come-backs and witty retorts. I await what gems are yet to come apart from "Who cares" and "you are truly, truly an imbecile".

I am still waiting to hear who you are talking about when you mentioned Texas.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:23 am

Sorry Bill, I have no interest in waxing pedantic over your posts, what you think of my remarks is of no importance to me.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby KLA2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:20 am

Yeah, don't waste a shiny pedant on BT. :lol:
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
KLA2
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:41 am

Might tarnish his reputation.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:53 am

Enzo wrote:Sorry Bill, I have no interest in waxing pedantic over your posts, what you think of my remarks is of no importance to me.

Then why do you address them to me? That does not make any sense. You make a comment directed to me and then you say you do not care what I think of what you said.

This is much like your "who cares" remark. You must care enough to say "who cares". So you answer your own question. What I think of your remarks is of enough importance to you to bother to say that they are not important.

Anyway, here is an update to Hillary's list. Assuming we want to get back to the subject --
http://people.bakersfield.com/home/Blog ... pson/19810
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Then why do you address them to me? That does not make any sense. You make a comment directed to me and then you say you do not care what I think of what you said.

This is much like your "who cares" remark. You must care enough to say "who cares". So you answer your own question. What I think of your remarks is of enough importance to you to bother to say that they are not important.

ROTFLMAO!!!1!2

While reading that, I couldn't shake the image of a dog chasing its tail.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:00 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Enzo wrote:Sorry Bill, I have no interest in waxing pedantic over your posts, what you think of my remarks is of no importance to me.

Then why do you address them to me? That does not make any sense. You make a comment directed to me and then you say you do not care what I think of what you said.

Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:06 am

Newsweek has an article that says the people pick a candidate for emotional rather than logical reasons. So candidates are fair game for almost any sort of critical discussion. The fact that Lance calls any discussion against Hillary to be a "cheap shot" suggests to me that he has his heart on Hillary and is not being impartial or fair.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Arneb » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:34 pm

Not "any" discussion. Just BT "discussing" her. The term that comes to my mind from my studies in this regard is "coprolalia".
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Next

Return to Current Events and Politics