Iran

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Postby Lance » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:53 am

I've heard the expression "we can drill through glass" more than once.

It seems DragonStar's view is similar to an expression from our era, Enzo. Do you remember "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."

Leave it to a dragon to want to set everything ablaze!
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Enzo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:05 pm

I was thinking more the oil would have to flow through radioactive pipelines over radioactive glass/soil, to radioactive port facilities, manned I suppose by radioactive Persians.

yeah, God can always sort them out. (She doesn't seem to mind sorting through our own in the process.)

Was that the Lieutenant Calley defense?

I note that no one is shouting for us to start domestic drilling anymore, offshore, ANWAR, now that gas has fallen back from the $4 level.

I was never quite sure about that. We want to not be dependent upon foreign oil... so we should pay more to find our local supply and use it up first? Then when that is gone we'd REALLY be dependent upon foreign oil.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:57 pm

Enzo wrote:I was thinking more the oil would have to flow through radioactive pipelines over radioactive glass/soil, to radioactive port facilities, manned I suppose by radioactive Persians.

Don't think it would be much of a problem, really. I might be mistaken on that though.

Enzo wrote:I note that no one is shouting for us to start domestic drilling anymore, offshore, ANWAR, now that gas has fallen back from the $4 level.

Well, I can understand that.

Enzo wrote:I was never quite sure about that. We want to not be dependent upon foreign oil... so we should pay more to find our local supply and use it up first? Then when that is gone we'd REALLY be dependent upon foreign oil.

More on that elsewhere.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Well radioactive oil would make radioactive gasoline, which would come out our tail pipes as radioactive exhaust, but the upside is that the engines would become germ free.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Dragon Star » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:30 am

Enzo wrote:Hmm, interesting. The solution is to step back and watch a middle east nuclear war? Israel has them, they'd use them. Not sure how much radioactive oil Iran could export...

Well IMO we aught to bomb the hell out of the middle east period ourselves, the place just sucks...as do the majority of the people. But this will never happen. As for the oil, Iran isn't the only source, if the price increases a little oh well, Obama will save us with massive taxes to the rich small businesses right? Yay for redistribution of wealth, or what I like to call, "Robin Hood Theory". I mean it works in folklore right?

Assuming we would be willing to abandon Israel, what makes you think Iran would want to abandon their quest for nuclear weapons? They would consider US as large a threat as Israel, if not greater, and they would also counter that other threats exist in the world and they would want to be able to defend against all of them, that their program was not purely anti-Israel

We give up the holy land for their taking, their quest for the weapon is a manifestation for their greed to destroy the state of Israel. If we more less say "Yo, war is cool with us on these here conditions, sign here and here and you can be friends with us" what do they have to fear?

What makes you think they want to be a part of our war on terrorism? After all they sponsor parts of it, the terrorists of the world are looking to do us harm, not so much to blow up Iran.

And why do they sponsor it, do ya think? If we gave them what they want most, security and holy land, they could care less about the rest of the world (US) and give up the support for terrorism.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:24 am

Dragon Star wrote:Well IMO we aught to bomb the hell out of the middle east period ourselves, the place just sucks...as do the majority of the people.

It's that benchmark thing again isn't it?
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 am

Iran considers us the Great Satan, and drills that into their people. Kinda like the way some people over here think the entire middle east is evil. Our support of arch enemy Israel is only part of it. They would not want to buddy up to us simply for leaving Israel alone.

That we even have troops on the soil of the holy land offends then greatly. All those bases in Saudi Arabia would have to go.

But that culture carries a grudge for centuries on end. They will hate us for generations.

If guy steals your lawn mower, shoots your dog, calls your wife a whore, and drives his 4-wheeler across your flower garden and lawn every morning, would you consider him a done issue if he decides to stop the driving on your lawn part?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:20 am

Dragon Star wrote:Well IMO we aught to bomb the hell out of the middle east period ourselves, the place just sucks...as do the majority of the people.

Well, I agree with that. I feel the same way about the United States though.

Dragon Star wrote:As for the oil, Iran isn't the only source, if the price increases a little oh well, Obama will save us with massive taxes to the rich small businesses right? Yay for redistribution of wealth, or what I like to call, "Robin Hood Theory". I mean it works in folklore right?

I don't think the one has much to do with the other.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:20 am

Mactep wrote:

Well, I agree with that. I feel the same way about the United States though.

And somehow not the rest of the world? Interesting.

Dragon Star wrote:As for the oil, Iran isn't the only source, if the price increases a little oh well, Obama will save us with massive taxes to the rich small businesses right? Yay for redistribution of wealth, or what I like to call, "Robin Hood Theory". I mean it works in folklore right?

I don't think the one has much to do with the other.

Hey, I'm trying to look like an uneducated extremist here. :wink:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:22 am

Enzo wrote:Iran considers us the Great Satan, and drills that into their people. Kinda like the way some people over here think the entire middle east is evil. Our support of arch enemy Israel is only part of it. They would not want to buddy up to us simply for leaving Israel alone.

That we even have troops on the soil of the holy land offends then greatly. All those bases in Saudi Arabia would have to go.

But that culture carries a grudge for centuries on end. They will hate us for generations.

If guy steals your lawn mower, shoots your dog, calls your wife a whore, and drives his 4-wheeler across your flower garden and lawn every morning, would you consider him a done issue if he decides to stop the driving on your lawn part?

As long as he shot the wife as well I'd be cool with it.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:39 am

Dragon Star wrote:And somehow not the rest of the world? Interesting.

Naughty Dragon, where did I say that?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:25 am

Mactep wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:And somehow not the rest of the world? Interesting.

Naughty Dragon, where did I say that?

No I was just wonder why the special treatment for only the US and the Middle East? :P
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:13 am

Dragon Star wrote:No I was just wonder why the special treatment for only the US and the Middle East? :P

I thought the US was who the "we" was supposed to be in your post. In any event, of the others that come to mind, only Heid has nuclear weapons, Halcyon Dayz and Arneb don't.

Enzo wrote:That we even have troops on the soil of the holy land offends then greatly. All those bases in Saudi Arabia would have to go.

I was under the impression that that part of Usama bin Ladn's programme had been achieved. Am I mistaken?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 am

Enzo wrote:Iran considers us the Great Satan, and drills that into their people. Kinda like the way some people over here think the entire middle east is evil. Our support of arch enemy Israel is only part of it. They would not want to buddy up to us simply for leaving Israel alone.

Dude, they don't have lawns in the middle east :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:26 am

Mactep wrote:I thought the US was who the "we" was supposed to be in your post. In any event, of the others that come to mind, only Heid has nuclear weapons, Halcyon Dayz and Arneb don't.

We don't, the UK does. As soon as we fire the explosive bolts and drift off into the North Atlantic we'll be free of them. :D
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:00 am

I was under the impression that that part of Usama bin Ladn's programme had been achieved. Am I mistaken?

We no longer have military bases in Suadi Arabia?

As soon as we fire the explosive bolts and drift off into the North Atlantic we'll be free of them.

And Hadrian's wall becomes a beach retainer on the new north shore.

Firth of Forth, meet Seventh of Nine.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:10 am

Enzo wrote:Firth of Forth, meet Seventh of Nine.

And you you sail past North Berwick you are furth of the Firth of Forth. :D
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Мастер » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:20 pm

Enzo wrote:We no longer have military bases in Suadi Arabia?

I thought there were no more US bases there. However, some Googling work turned up a lot of web sites, like this one, that describe plans for the American military to leave Saudi Arabia, but not too many confirming that it actually happened.

Superluminal, still there? Do you know the answer?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Previous

Return to Current Events and Politics