Completely foreseen consequences.

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Completely foreseen consequences.

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Schools in the UK used to be straightforward, you went to a state run school or you went to a private school (confusingly called a "public school" in England). Both were supervised by the local authorities and the former were government run and in theory uniform. Home schooling is virtually unknown here. Recently whiney middleclass parents (predominantly in England) have wanted their own schools for little Rupert and Jocinda so the government has allowed "academies" to be set up, run by parents and nominally overseen by the government, but crucially not by the local authorities. Results seem to be good but if you take well off pupils and support them and exclude the scrotes this is hardly surprising. Obviously those left behind include the aforementioned wasters and undesirables.

Many inner city schools have large numbers of Muslim, Hindu etc. pupils, so their parents, not wanting their children to be left behind with the dregs, have set up academies. Now we can all see where this is going, can't we? To the surprise of no-one but the government some academies are being run by hard line Muslims. Give people what they want, but only the white ones, not the brown ones.

Fucking whiney middleclass white Tory voters, with their entitled non-vaccinated children and their fucking Range Rovers, their fucking Labrador dogs, their fucking asparagus kettles and their fucking MPs that pander to them with no thought of the consequences. Fuck them all. They got what they wanted without thinking of the Pandora's Box it opened all because their local school was inclusive and mentioned that slavery might have been bad m'kay, or that Ramadan was as valid as Christmas. Rather than risk standing next to someone brown at the school gates, or God forbid, having Torquil have to sit next to Mohammed in class, they have opened the way up to madrassas. Fucking tossers. You want a Christian school? Galatians 6:7 motherfuckers.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Re: Completely foreseen consequences.

Postby Мастер » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Heh. I am reminded of the incident in the US. They have these "adopt a highway" programmes. So the idea is, some civic organisation or something similar sends people out (probably volunteers) to clean the rubbish from some stretch of the highway. Or, the state workers do it, but the organisation pays for it. The highway department puts up a sign that says, "This part of the road is maintained by <organisation name>" So charity or free publicity, you be the judge.

One particular civic organisation, the Ku Klux Klan, decided to adopt a section of the highway near St. Louis. As the US still has a constitutional amendment protecting free speech (yes, I know, they also have one that says you can't hold people without trial, and we know how that one is working out), the judge ruled that if the state allows other organisations to participate, they have to let the KKK. There have been other incidents with the American Nazi Party and similar organisations.

Apart from repeated vandalism of the sign with the organisation's name, the usual defence against this sort of thing is to name the section of the highway something which the sponsoring organisation would find repugnant, i.e., if a white-supremicist group adopts a particular section of highway, then it can be named after a black civil rights leader.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lianachan » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:34 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Schools in the UK used to be straightforward, you went to a state run school or you went to a private school (confusingly called a "public school" in England). Both were supervised by the local authorities and the former were government run and in theory uniform. Home schooling is virtually unknown here. Recently whiney middleclass parents (predominantly in England) have wanted their own schools for little Rupert and Jocinda so the government has allowed "academies" to be set up, run by parents and nominally overseen by the government, but crucially not by the local authorities. Results seem to be good but if you take well off pupils and support them and exclude the scrotes this is hardly surprising. Obviously those left behind include the aforementioned wasters and undesirables.

Many inner city schools have large numbers of Muslim, Hindu etc. pupils, so their parents, not wanting their children to be left behind with the dregs, have set up academies. Now we can all see where this is going, can't we? To the surprise of no-one but the government some academies are being run by hard line Muslims. Give people what they want, but only the white ones, not the brown ones.

Fucking whiney middleclass white Tory voters, with their entitled non-vaccinated children and their fucking Range Rovers, their fucking Labrador dogs, their fucking asparagus kettles and their fucking MPs that pander to them with no thought of the consequences. Fuck them all. They got what they wanted without thinking of the Pandora's Box it opened all because their local school was inclusive and mentioned that slavery might have been bad m'kay, or that Ramadan was as valid as Christmas. Rather than risk standing next to someone brown at the school gates, or God forbid, having Torquil have to sit next to Mohammed in class, they have opened the way up to madrassas. Fucking tossers. You want a Christian school? Galatians 6:7 motherfuckers.

:=D:

A fine summary, sir.
A-nis bidh fios aig daoine nuair a tha mi a 'mionnachadh aig dhaibh.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tits and Nazis though.... Worth investigating

Postby Arneb » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I agree with that assessment.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:54 am

Having calmed down somewhat I should probably point out that I have a small number of English friends, all solidly middleclass, all white (apart from one whose mum is black as your hat West Indian), all liberal up to a point, who genuinely aren't bigoted but who still have difficulty with things like Scottish independence as they simply cannot comprehend why anyone would want to leave England. The do all have names like Antonia, Jessica or Helena and children with names like Elektra and Gianni, which are a constant source of amusement to me.

Mactep: I seem to recall driving along "The Rosa Park Highway, sponsored by the KKK" in my travels in the South about 25 years ago.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Arneb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Mactep: I seem to recall driving along "The Rosa Park Highway, sponsored by the KKK" in my travels in the South about 25 years ago.

I quite definitely remember one such sign in California: "Hwy 395, Section XYZ, Sponsored by o' them damned Bishop liberals" (Bishop. The city you all visit regularly).
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:27 pm

Arneb wrote:
Heid the Ba' wrote:Mactep: I seem to recall driving along "The Rosa Park Highway, sponsored by the KKK" in my travels in the South about 25 years ago.

I quite definitely remember one such sign in California: "Hwy 395, Section XYZ, Sponsored on o' them damned Bishop liberals" (Bishop. The city you all visit regularly).

I've been to Bishop several times. The scenery on 395 from Bishop to Lone Pine is amazing.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Arneb » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:08 pm

Indeed. Did you also see the sign?
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:27 pm

If I did, I don't recall.

The sign I remember was the one on the filling station, which was why I came to Bishop in the first place - I almost learned the hard way that you can't count on finding 24-hour petrol stations in Nevada :oops:
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Unconnected in any way to the schools in question, but possessor of a fabulous beard is England's latest cricketer Moeen Ali. I'm not sure how the Little Englanders view him.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Enzo » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:49 pm

In a (maybe) related note:

Howell Michigan used to be a hotbed of John Birch Society activity - super right wing. They had erected a large billboard next to the interstate highway. On it was a painting of a long haired guy - not unlike the standard blue-eyed Jesus - and the text on the sign read:

Help Beautify America - Get a haircut

Come to think of it, I stole the idea. In my college years I used to hitch hike across the country, mostly back to Washington DC. I'd thumb at roadside with a destination sign. One trip I got a marker and a nice piece of paper and I wrote "Help make Pennsylvania beautiful, take me to Ohio." Might be coincidence, or maybe it worked, but I did get a ride pretty quick.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lianachan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:51 pm

That is indeed a fine beard. But what a stupid game. "Bowling: Right-arm off-break" - I mean, what the fuck does that even mean? For the love of Christ, please don't tell me - I'm pretty sure knowledge like that leads to homosexuality.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Enzo wrote:One trip I got a marker and a nice piece of paper and I wrote "Help make Pennsylvania beautiful, take me to Ohio."

:glp-1rof1:

Speaking of Pennsylvania, that fellow hardly has any moustache, with the right clothes he could almost look Amish.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Lianachan wrote:That is indeed a fine beard. But what a stupid game. "Bowling: Right-arm off-break" - I mean, what the fuck does that even mean? For the love of Christ, please don't tell me - I'm pretty sure knowledge like that leads to homosexuality.

No rugby, no cricket - nothing but caber tossing for you, eh?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lianachan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:14 pm

Rugby is very popular in some parts of Scotland, but not really in the Highlands. We have shinty, a proper game for real men (and the sport that spawned ice hockey), in addition to football, drinking, and throwing telegraph poles about.
Lianachan
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Lianachan wrote:Rugby is very popular in some parts of Scotland, but not really in the Highlands. We have shinty, a proper game for real men (and the sport that spawned ice hockey), in addition to football, drinking, and throwing telegraph poles about.

My current location is slightly disadvantaged for sports which involve ice. We do have football and drinking, although most people here are much better at one of those than the other. I am not aware of any telegraph pole throwing. In fact, we don't even seem to have telegraph poles here, everything is underground. And if we did - well, I think the physique of most of my co-islanders is not particularly well-suited for such an activity.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:29 am

Well, if you think tossing the caber is tough, try doing it underground.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:24 am

You let people set up schools outwith the normal system, don't supervise them, panic, start to supervise them, then wonder where all the children who are outwith the normal system are? The whole point of having a system is that every fucker goes through it and doesn't get taught fucking nonsense instead. I'm not claiming that the education system here is perfect, or even good, but it isn't fucking evil.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Мастер » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 am

I see he's concerned about exposure to "extremist ideologies". There's a lot of that going around, people talking about all this freedom nonsense.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Return to Current Events and Politics