President Donald J. Trump

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby g-one » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:44 pm

MM_Dandy wrote:Oh, and to add to the irony - he later posted a clip of Ben Carson calling the BLM a fundamentally communist movement.

The trendy word from the right seems to be 'marxist' now. Perhaps to avoid McCarthy comparisons or to try to convey literacy.
In any case, when somebody plays the 'marxism' card, discussion of 'Q' and related tripe usually follow.
striving to recognize the penultimate straw
g-one
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:50 pm

I dunno - it's hard to imagine a scenario where Trump doesn't have lawsuits flying or him going quietly. It would be too big a blow to his ego to do any less.

I would hope not, but I also think that view is more realistic.

Figure out what the two say in their phone conversation? Good luck finding a translator for that!
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:43 pm

The NRA has one rationale about their right to bear arms so as to be ready to rise up against a tyrannical government. It seems they forgot that they were preparing for when the government does EXACTLY WHAT THEY ARE DOING IN OREGON.

meanwhile, my Trump leaving office fear is not about our ability to remove one man physically from the building. it is about scenarios. What if Ginsburg doesn't survive the next couple months? He stuffs another whacko on the SCOTUS with the senate rubber stamp. He already has removed most of the actual department heads with "acting" sycophants. He has had Bill Barr remove anyone in the DOJ who investigates anything not favorable to Trump. He keeps his rabble riled up, and so as a last gesture spurs the red hats to rise up. and we have a civil war.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Gotta love the US. Killing a few hundred thousand ragged arse foreigners is just common sense, because even if they haven't done anything wrong, they might in the future, so it's better to be safe. But having to wear a mask is an unspeakable human rights violation.
Be seeing you!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:51 am

And now Trump has installed one of his major donors as the postmaster general, they are slowing down the postal service. They want to close stations and lay off staff. Of course the USPS is constitutionally mandated, so they have to do it this way, reduce hours reduce shifts, etc. All in an effort to so tie up the mail that "Oh my goodness, this mail would NEVER work for mail-in ballot voting."
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:21 am

And from the "they don't even try to hide it" department, Trump just suggested they postpone the election. Even his republican buddies in congress wouldn't go for that.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Arneb » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:50 am

While they have put aside any moral compass, what they seem to have retained is the knowledge that in a tyranny, you always very well might be next.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:36 am

I'm not sure the Republicans in congress even want Trump to win.

I mean, sure, there are certain advantages - Supreme Court picks, for example.

But they seem to follow him more out of fear (of his followers) than because they like him that much.

The thought of no more Trump may not be unappealing. Since they're getting Biden, who ought to be a lot more palatable to them than someone like Sanders.
Be seeing you!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:44 pm

So while the US talks about it, Hong Kong does it.

Legco elections delayed a year.
Be seeing you!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Arneb » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:06 pm

Or shall we say, Bejing does it for Hong Kong?
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Мастер » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:20 pm

I don't know that Beijing needs to.

Carrie Lam is very Beijing-oriented already. It was her attempt to introduce the extradition law that sparked the protests (clearly there must already have been some fuel lying around for the spark to ignite such flames though), and they're currently experiencing a third wave of Covid-19.

In November, opposition groups took control of 17 of the 18 local district councils, a stunning defeat for the government. In February, her approval rating was a stellar 9%. If the legco elections go ahead, she loses. Her chances of winning aren't anywhere near as high as Trump's.

Beijing would no doubt prefer Carrie Lam, or maybe a more popular member of the pro-Beijing cadre, to the opposition, so they probably don't mind the delay. But I don't know that they were behind it.
Be seeing you!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:02 pm

Trump suggests delaying our election. The next day he criticizes China for doing the same.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby MM_Dandy » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:44 am

Our senior senator is the Majority Whip, and as fast as he could, he emphatically denounced President Trump's request to postpone the November election.

Just kidding. He said “I think we’ve had elections every November since about 1788, and I expect that will be the case again this year.”
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Previous

Return to Current Events and Politics