President Donald J. Trump

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Re: President Donald J. Trump

Postby Enzo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Fair enough. After I have now watched him lie lie lie just about every day for over a year, I feel I have already filled out that list sufficiently to determine this is a man lacking in integrity, this is a man whose ethics are totally situational. I now see in his first month in office that he rarely thinks out his positions or actions. That list is of course shorter because it has only been a month, yet it is trending pretty hard all in one direction.

NOW what do I do? What do I say to those who chant "unity" at me?
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Heid the Ba » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:00 am

Regarding the trouble in Sweden, I'd go with C. An incident that would barely make the national news, never mind the international news, but because people were looking for it they found it.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:47 pm

Heid the Ba' wrote:Regarding the trouble in Sweden, I'd go with C. An incident that would barely make the national news, never mind the international news, but because people were looking for it they found it.

Pretty sure burning 8 cars, looting, throwing rocks at police, and police firing warning shots a isn't a regular event in Sweden.
I'm sure it made more news than it would have though.

Enzo wrote:NOW what do I do? What do I say to those who chant "unity" at me?

Same as I do. Get really really frustrated and accept you can't say a thing that will actually make a difference! lol

Before the Primary election I was trying to convince people in the US that they need to become united instead of divided ,because both parties are serving themselves not the people or the country itself. I was generally greeted with: Republicans are evil assholes, and Libtards are too stupid to know whats good for them. The people have learned to hate each other and not respect the other a long time ago. Which is sad since I know many who if they never discussed politics would be the best of friends, but the political line overshadows everything.

Lately I've heard people saying they could never trust a Republican. They are evil, racist, sexist ignorant fucks etc. I'm sitting there trying to convince them that I know some great Republicans. Decent caring people who would never make the same claim towards you that you just did towards them. Care factor: zero. The blind hate is too much now.

The trend here always seems to be, screw the evil stupid opposition prior the election. Then afterwards, the winning side appeals to all people to come together and move forward. As one great big happy patriotic family, God bless America!, the GREATEST country in the world, rah rah and all that great stuff that makes people in other countries cringe with embarrassment, as this represents the greatest power on Earth right now. An alien race wondering if it should make contact with the human race, might just say, "nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure".

It's also getting worse rather than better and the American people seem to lap it up like its reality TV or a football match, rather than a decision that will impact the World and everyone's future with it.

Possibly the only good thing about this is that other countries will now look at their own trend towards Americanism, as maybe not such a great thing after all.
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lance » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm

So there's no way out is there?

We are firmly on the path to a Post USA aren't we?
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:25 pm

Lance wrote:So there's no way out is there?

Rather how I felt about your country after it decided that the appropriate response to the murder of 2,977 people (in a country that has many times that many murders every year) was to launch multiple wars that have now been estimated to have killed 1.3 million, introduced torture, assassination, permanent imprisonment without trial, etc.

Trump doesn't bother me because he's a departure from Obama; he bothers me because he's the logical continuation of Bush and Obama.

Nonetheless, I do find myself in the relatively rare position of agreeing with something Trump said recently. Well, maybe not that rare - he's on multiple sides of lots of issues, so it shouldn't be surprising if I'm sometimes in agreement with one of his multiple viewpoints. But it concerned Putin and Russia. If the body bag manufacturers had to rely on Putin, it would be a dark time indeed in that industry. But under Bush and Obama, they've enjoyed the season of plenty. We'll see whether Trump throws as much business their way as his two predecessors.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Lately I've heard people saying they could never trust a Republican.

1. You can always find people to say dim things.

2. Republicans is not a republican. I don't trust republicans as a group, their "I've got mine, screw you" mantra offends me. But that is a separate issue from what to think about a particular republican... or democrat.. or Muslim... or vegetarian... or whatever.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Arneb » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:43 pm

Here's something to cheer you up (news video;the commentary is in German, but you'll do fine).
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Enzo wrote:
Lately I've heard people saying they could never trust a Republican.

1. You can always find people to say dim things.

2. Republicans is not a republican. I don't trust republicans as a group, their "I've got mine, screw you" mantra offends me. But that is a separate issue from what to think about a particular republican... or democrat.. or Muslim... or vegetarian... or whatever.

I agree. The thing that disturbed me was that it was a general consensus among otherwise logical and clear minded individuals. It's like watching de-evolution in action. :(
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Lance wrote:So there's no way out is there?

I think the US has passed its peak. Which is a pity because it had a lot to offer. A big factor is it's hard to keep chanting the "we're awesome" theme when there are so many problems that the US is not solving that other countries have years ago and US citizens can see that online.
This is a classic example of what I'm talking about: we're awesome
A lot of people agree with that view. For the record, that was her response on opening up investigations on the US using torture on captured prisoners.

My biggest example of the US losing the plot is the idea of civil assets forfeiture. For those that aren't aware of it, it's where the police department can just take your money if they pull you over and use it to fund themselves based on the premise that you illegally obtained that money. The court costs for getting it back are around $5000 last I checked so they usually take less rendering the victim in a no win situation. They have now even got scanners for your credit cards that they just transfer money from your account to theirs that one state was implementing. Yes, they can steal money from you, LEGALLY. It's over a billion dollars annually and police don't want to stop. People have lost cars, houses etc due to this. One case the parents son was caught smoking weed in their car. They seized the car and then sold off the family home claiming it was a front for a drug operation. No proof required.
The politicians and the police are corrupt. No good can come of a country that treats its own citizens like that. Yet for all their efforts, they can't stop it. Obama tried federally. Trump seems to think CAF is a great idea.
Sheriff of Nottingham anyone?

In the mean time, the rich keep getting richer and the poor get poorer. The solution, put them in prison and make more for profit prisons. Keep minimum wage low and then use the government services to pay the difference. McDonalds ,Walmart and others have made their fortunes on this.
Allow interest rates of 300%.
The system is designed to funnel money from the poorer masses to the elite rich and no one seems to care.

So yeah, the US can't keep going down this path and expect to stay without severe turmoil internally. Which is why so many rebelled at the thought of "more of the same".

To top it off, there's stuff like this from the State Department while Clinton was running it: http://www.politifact.com/global-news/s ... p-suppres/
They claim they had no part as it was an internal affair to Haiti, however, their leaked memo's tell a different story. Interfering in other countries labor laws to keep labor cheap.

I've noticed a trend and tendency for certain politicians to tell the least possible lie that gets them out of the shit rather than the truth. Then when new evidence is brought up, they change their position to a slightly worst outcome. Again using the minimum lie that gets them out of the shit. I have big problems with people lying several times about the same thing as new evidence emerges. Then in the end, they didn't lie. They simply "miss-spoke". Give me a break.

In a nutshell, your countries politics is infested with self interested corrupt liars who have no problem lying to get themselves off the hook. To them it's a game. To the American people, it's their livelihood. To the World, it's a stability problem. And, that's the good news.
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Enzo wrote:their "I've got mine, screw you" mantra offends me.

I think that's how much of the world feels about both major political parties in your country.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby FZR1KG » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Мастер wrote:
Enzo wrote:their "I've got mine, screw you" mantra offends me.

I think that's how much of the world feels about both major political parties in your country.

Yep.
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Enzo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:31 pm

That may be how much of the world views America, but I can't see it applying to the party here. The republicans are all about more money in their pockets. The democrats are all about "no one should do without, and we all should pay for it." I see that as a pretty fundamental difference.

Democrats root for universal health care, they support stuff like gay rights, they like the various plans to help low income people get mortgages, and so on, all of which we would be taxed for. Republicans are not into any of the assistance programs, be they health, money, education. They don't want to spend money on anything.

Here in Michigan, democrats in power will assume debt to repair and rebuild out highways. A couple decades of republican governors has resulted in highways that are crumbling.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:01 am

Enzo wrote:The republicans are all about more money in their pockets.

Well that right there is a pretty fundamental similarity between the two major parties in your country.

Enzo wrote:The democrats are all about "no one should do without, and we all should pay for it."

No doubt, Donald Trump's protectionism may be due to greed or racism, but Bernie Sanders surely has much nobler motives for his protectionism.

So, do you think thirty or forty years from now, Asian politicians will be explaining to anyone who will listen how incredibly virtuous they are for protecting the poor and downtrodden from competition from low-wage American workers? If I'm still around, I'll LMAO when that happens.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:00 am

Enzo wrote:Here in Michigan, democrats in power will assume debt to repair and rebuild out highways. A couple decades of republican governors has resulted in highways that are crumbling.

Oh, BTW, doesn't your new orange president say he's going to spend a lot more on infrastructure?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:03 am

I think so. But he also says he's the least racist person in the world.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:20 am

Lance wrote:I think so. But he also says he's the least racist person in the world.

Well, there is that. I have a hard time saying I disagree with Trump's policies, because I'm not sure what they are.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:23 am

I think he is a waste of oxygen.

Of course, from everything that's been said, he skews the curve for average penis size. So that's a bonus.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Enzo » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:43 am

Considering he just cancelled out the bathroom of choice law, I am sure he will be thrilled in the mens room when a couple women in gowns and tiaras step up next to him to take a leak. Maybe he can grab them by their...WHAT???
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:46 am

:glp-1rof1:

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lance » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:39 am

Trump.jpg

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby FZR1KG » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:19 am

Personally from what I have seen, both parties priorities are line their pockets first. Their position on anything is just a side issue that appeals to different people in order to fulfill that agenda. I refer again to the Princeton study on oligarchy. The economic elite and the lobbyists get fair representation. The people do not. There is no way around that fact. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Мастер wrote:So, do you think thirty or forty years from now, Asian politicians will be explaining to anyone who will listen how incredibly virtuous they are for protecting the poor and downtrodden from competition from low-wage American workers? If I'm still around, I'll LMAO when that happens.

I thought Asia (especially China) was already starting to lose jobs to India and Africa.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Мастер » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:58 am

MM_Dandy wrote:I thought Asia (especially China) was already starting to lose jobs to India and Africa.

There is some of that. The job market in China is good enough now that the real grunt work is moving elsewhere. Some of it to Vietnam as well, as I understand.

I can see this. The first time I went to Shanghai, I thought, it looked dirty, run-down, ragged, etc. The last time I went, I thought a lot of US and European cities looked dirty, run-down, and ragged compared to it.

But there are also a few hundred million in China who are still basically peasants.

I don't know whether there is any significant protectionist movement in China. You do see advertisements for American products everywhere, although I haven't heard American politicians screaming bloody murder about that.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Arneb » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:25 am

China is highly protectionist at least in one respect: They don't allow foreign ownership of Chinese companies. All companies with a foreign interest have to be joint ventures. Which is a little bit ironic as Chinese companies, no doubt with the blessing of their government, are on a shopping tour through Europe at the moment.

We had a VERY ironic moment here a few months ago, when a Chinese firm wanted to acquire a high-profile robot producer, Kuka, and President Obama vetoed it. Yes, you heard that right. The lever for the veto was that Kuka owned an aerospace munfacterer in the U.S.. They had to sell that before the acquisition could go ahead.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Enzo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Just today, SUnday paper, article Trump went to Camp David, the rural presidential retreat in the Catoktin mountains along the Appalachians, west of Washington. It is a camp like setting out in the woods. Trump goes there and says (approximating) "It is a nice place, you'd like it. You know how long you'd like it? About 30 minutes."

it is by a town, and the townsfolks, some were offended and others weren't. Most didn;t care, as the presidents never walk around town, they never know when one is there.

But I just have to wonder, what sort of personality defect does it take to make a guy like that? if you don't like the place, don;t go there. WHy does he feel the need to insult the place and burn another bridge? he does this over and over.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events and Politics