Mourning Barcelona

Discussions of things currently in the news.

Mourning Barcelona

Postby Arneb » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:21 am

Now Catalunya has its own fair share of rabid nationalism, but Barcolna is a city where you can find everything that is good about Europe: Open, festive, tolerant, laid-back and friendly.

The terrorists, again, chose their targets well. They chose to mow down people who werespending a nice afternoon out on Las Ramblas, the stretch of road where everything that is Barcelona coalesces into a peaceful stroll along cheap tourist traps, artists presenting their art, improvised theater and a breathtaking architecture. We went there on our honeymoon. We went there to spend a week singing and listening tp choral music in afestival that is simply named "Europa cantat" - Europe sings.

I sit in a shabby motel in Boise, Idaho, but this means a lot to me. We must not stop being that Europe, that West. The Phariseans from both sides call us infidels, and right they are. Have a drink to that most wonderful, most disobedient, most disorderly, infidel beautiful city! And don't forget to drop a tear or two in that drink.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Re: Mourning Barcelona

Postby Lance » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:31 pm

:(
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Re: Mourning Barcelona

Postby wring » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:41 am

horrifying. the use of lo-tech tactics demonstrates to me, that a new strategy world wide, is needed.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Current Events and Politics