A fly on the...wall?

Discussions of things currently in the news.

A fly on the...wall?

Postby Enzo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:30 am

SO we had a vice-presidential "debate" the other day. A dull and boring affair and a waste of time, but hey... The only interesting thing in the whole affair was when the fly landed on Mike Pence.

Watch on youtube.com

We found that amusing as did the whole internet apparently.

And of course now it is Halloween here. I got my idea the night of the debate. We went to the dollar store and bought cheap plastic head bands. Wring found some plastic houseflies. We glues a fly to a head band and wore them. We were Mike Pence for Halloween.

Now here at the home, we are still on semi-lockdown, but we did have a costume competition in the lobby - with cider and donuts. Our manager tries to entertain us. Prizes for the top two. Wring's brother was in town, and we met him for lunch. Happy BD to him. But we made it back to the home in time for the contest. Turns out we were the only two people who dressed as anything at all, and so we took the prizes.

They are now our "prize-winning costumes".

That was yesterday, today was the actual Halloween and we had trick or treaters this evening. We set some tables out front and they had bagged up candy, so kids could come by and get little bags of clean candy. We also had non-candy treats for kids/parents who don't want to fill theur kids with sugar. I sat out front with a gaggle of us oldsters. We had a steady stream of young kids - all accompanied by adults. Pretty fun.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Re: A fly on the...wall?

Postby Мастер » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:17 am

Enzo wrote:We were Mike Pence for Halloween.

Might want to be careful. I seem to recall back In the 1980s, there was this fellow who had an uncanny resemblance to Ronald Reagan, and who was attacked by someone who thought he really was Ronald Reagan.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:04 am

I'll try, but my silver hair is all on my chin. That and I am not a shameless lying piece of shit. Hopefully that is sufficient distinction.
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:51 pm

I think you are quite distinct from him, Enzo. I never put any stock in the internet babble about lizard people until I saw him at that debate.

You, sir, are no lizard. Thankfully.
Is there such a thing?
Blue Monster 65
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:04 pm

I-guana thank you for the kind words...
E Pluribus Condom
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One