Assassins round 2 play thread

All the game threads. (It's only teenage wasteland.)

GAME: Assassins round 2 play thread

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat May 06, 2006 4:59 pm

PMs have gone out to all the players, and the game is officially in play. For this round, the deceased will become designated decoys, so watch your back! :twisted:

Right then. What's everybody's least favorite annoying TV commercial?

umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sat May 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Hard to say, if a commercial is annoying I would just tend to zone out for 30 seconds or so.

I like to travel on trains. Does anyone else?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Sat May 06, 2006 6:00 pm

At OP...John Baesow's better body basics commercials...that guy freaks me out.

I love trains, lots of fun. I took a trip up to Bald Knob mountain in WV on a train, got to see the Green Bank Radio Telescope Observatory as well, awesome experience.

EDIT: The train ride explination-http://www.cassrailroad.com/bald.html

And information about the Telescope-http://www.gb.nrao.edu/GBT/GBT.shtml
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Sat May 06, 2006 6:37 pm

Okay, so here we are again.

Hey umop, can we continue our discussion about how to work the awards now? I mean, not knowing if the previous winner is even playing this time could effect when it is appropriate to bestow some kind of "Assassin Alumni" award and put the "big" trophy back up for grabs.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby teri tait » Sat May 06, 2006 7:02 pm

I never watch commercials, I always mute 'em but my daughter hates the Geico Gecko.

Trains are cool, I used to take the train twice a month back when I traveled to to Southern Cal twice a month. Trains are an excellent way to travel. My dad always takes the train when he travels, well once he flys out of Alaska and gets to Seattle he takes the train from Seattle to wherever he goes.

How many people prefer to fly? Which airline? Me, I like Alaska Airlines because their food is good.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby St. Jimmy » Sat May 06, 2006 7:22 pm

Sooo, how about me and hippie ruled at prom with our duct tape outfits.
I love this game, you can be so random here! lol

"I like to fly Bizzare Air. They have this package where you leave any monday, and fly back the previous friday. That way you still have the week end."- Steven Wright
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat May 06, 2006 8:21 pm

Lance wrote:Hey umop, can we continue our discussion about how to work the awards now?

Sure, but if you discuss it here in this thread it might kill you. :D

umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Sat May 06, 2006 8:24 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:
Lance wrote:Hey umop, can we continue our discussion about how to work the awards now?

Sure, but if you discuss it here in this thread it might kill you. :D

Well, yeah, or others... Or not.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby pmcolt » Sat May 06, 2006 8:25 pm

I dislike rail travel. Unless it's a futuristic supersonic underground maglev system. But I've never ridden in one.
pmcolt
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Sat May 06, 2006 10:34 pm

Random comment alert:

hippie's all packed and ready to go to the International Science and Engineering Fair tomorrow. All I have to do is grab my hair-brush and retainer in the moring.

I'm hitching a ride down there with my etremely loud cousin, her husband, and his son. Jimmy's met my cousin. He can tell you how addicted they are to NASCAR. It runs their life...

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 12:31 am

St. Jimmy wrote:Sooo, how about me and hippie ruled at prom with our duct tape outfits.
I love this game, you can be so random here! lol

"I like to fly Bizzare Air. They have this package where you leave any monday, and fly back the previous friday. That way you still have the week end."- Steven Wright

Yeah you guys had the best outfits on the east coast...maybe the world.
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 1:15 am

teri tait wrote:How many people prefer to fly? Which airline? Me, I like Alaska Airlines because their food is good.

What kind of seat do you like? I like to be able to see the landscape below.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 1:22 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
teri tait wrote:How many people prefer to fly? Which airline? Me, I like Alaska Airlines because their food is good.

What kind of seat do you like? I like to be able to see the landscape below.

I like to be close to the emergency door. I prefer the row with nobody in front of me. You strike me as a first class flyer, KOS. I can't picture you in coach so alas, we could never meet on a plane :(
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 1:43 am

teri tait wrote:I like to be close to the emergency door. I prefer the row with nobody in front of me. You strike me as a first class flyer, KOS. I can't picture you in coach so alas, we could never meet on a plane :(

I fly enough that I have a certain amount of status with the airline, and am often able to upgrade, but let me put it this way, my last two RTs across the Pacific were in the back of the bus...

So, do you like to look out and see the sights?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 1:51 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:I fly enough that I have a certain amount of status with the airline, and am often able to upgrade, but let me put it this way, my last two RTs across the Pacific were in the back of the bus...

So, do you like to look out and see the sights?

I fly white knuckle, my eyes are closed the whole time.
I rode an Amtrak bus once, but it was dark and there was nothing to see.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 1:59 am

teri tait wrote:I fly white knuckle, my eyes are closed the whole time.

Not much fun :(

How about when driving? In the summer, do you keep the air conditioning on, or do you like to let a breeze through?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 2:08 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
teri tait wrote:I fly white knuckle, my eyes are closed the whole time.

Not much fun :(

How about when driving? In the summer, do you keep the air conditioning on, or do you like to let a breeze through?

I like the breeze because I smoke sometimes. Of course a/c is good for long trips. What kind of car do you drive? I'm picturing you in an Excaliber or maybe a Bently.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 2:13 am

teri tait wrote:I like the breeze because I smoke sometimes. Of course a/c is good for long trips. What kind of car do you drive? I'm picturing you in an Excaliber or maybe a Bently.

I don't even know what an Excaliber is, but would you believe a 12-year old Ford? It was broken into once as well, there was glass all over the place...
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Joffan » Sun May 07, 2006 2:28 am

Wow, here we go again and as usual it's off to a flying start, in more ways than one...

I think there's a great concept lurking there - "White Knuckle Airlines" - no windows, very loud music playing, sleeping tablets on request - or even beforehand, no seat required, just stack up the sleeping bodies and off-load at the other end.

Least favorite commercial - phoowee, how to choose. There's the dull loud ones, which just shout at you. There's a few that try to be clever but kind of miss. Too many to pick really.

Anyone here into alternative voting systems?
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 2:28 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:I don't even know what an Excaliber is, but would you believe a 12-year old Ford? It was broken into once as well, there was glass all over the place...

A 12 yr old car is ok too. How many miles you got on it? I have a 10 year old car with 120k, it was also broken into. Someone stole my stereo faceplate but not the stereo.
It happened about a year ago and I still haven't replaced it. Sometimes I still hear music when I'm driving though, does that mean I'm insane?

Here's an Excaliber
Last edited by teri tait on Sun May 07, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Sun May 07, 2006 2:31 am

teri tait wrote:A 12 yr old car is ok too. How many miles you got on it? I have a 10 year old car with 120k, it was also broken into. Someone stole my stereo faceplate but not the stereo.
It happened about a year ago and I still haven't replaced it. Sometimes I still hear music when I'm driving though, does that mean I'm insane?

It has about 112k miles. They did a lot of damage breaking into mine. How did they break into yours?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 2:44 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:It has about 112k miles. They did a lot of damage breaking into mine. How did they break into yours?

Your car has incresibly low mileage for its age.

I left the my door unlocked. There was no damage to my car at all except some scratches where they tried ineffectively to boost the stereo.
What else did they do besides break the window of your car?
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Sun May 07, 2006 3:36 am

Ha ha. I was on the phone with Jimmy today, and he could hear my extremely loud cousin (mentioned before) while she was yelling at the NASCAR prerace in our living room.

My life is insane.

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 3:45 am

How do they say it?

Boogity Boogity

You gotta love those NASCAR drivers, don't they always drink milk after the race? That is a very cute and nice tradition, like thanking your mom when you get an award.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Sun May 07, 2006 4:01 am

Hmmm, I think KOS was trying to make me say window!!!

Which I actually said a couple of posts ago, but I still think that's what he was going for...
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Next

Return to Baba O'Riley