Assassins round 2 play thread

All the game threads. (It's only teenage wasteland.)

Postby St. Jimmy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:21 am

If there is a tomorrow, of course you will :lol: :lol:
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:22 am

Has the Anti-llama shown his face yet? He's only got about 30 mintues, eastern time...

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Joffan » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:55 am

I have seen the AntiLlama...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantiLlamaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Firstly I have to know if your retainer interferes with the car's electronics.

Now, the next question on driving is.... automatic or manual?

Once you get a bit better control there's a good exercise I invented to train my kids in using reverse gear:

Go into an empty parking lot, park in one of the bays, then pull out and into the next bay, then out inot the next, then next, than back again one bay at a time. Ideally one backward movement and one forward for each bay-hop, without infringing the opposite bays.
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby hippietrekx » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:01 am

First: No, my retainer didn't screw with anything in the car. Jimmy's got about four times more metal in his face with the braces, and he was in the backseat. If there was an issue it would have probably been him, but nothing went crazy. 'Cept for moose's misplacement of the brake...

And we're driving automatics. Mom wants me to learn how to drive a stick one day, but we don't know anyone with a maunal car. Go figure.

I liked driving. It was like playing a video game, which I have an incredible urge to do right now. Moose was suprised I caught on fast because I "don't play video games!" (I do when I have time) and Jimmy said I stopped good when no one was thrown forward. Yay.

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Doe, John » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:54 pm

Driving a stick is fun. However being out on a date and having to move your hand to shift gears can be annoying. Course it has been several years since I've been out on a date.
teri tait wrote:Well that's just typical, an antichrist named "John Doe". The only thing worse would be "Joe Sixpack"
Doe, John
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:16 am

Doe, John wrote:Driving a stick is fun. However being out on a date and having to move your hand to shift gears can be annoying. Course it has been several years since I've been out on a date.

Having learned to drive in rightist countries, the main difficulty I have driving in leftist countries is not driving on the correct side of the road or negotiating turns properly, but shifting gears with the wrong hand :(
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:24 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:but shifting gears with the wrong hand :(

I've had the opportunity to teach several people to drive a stick. When teaching how to work the clutch, I'd operate the gear shift from the passenger side with my left hand. I wonder if that would give me an advantage if I ever had to drive a (heh) leftist car.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Joffan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:30 am

I got completely ripped off when I moved to Canada over car insurance... they treated me for rate calculations as a new driver. 18-yr-old rates on a $20k minivan, you would think it was gold-plated.

The other thing I can never keep up with is keeping the car clean. I keep it looking good for a month or two and then time passes and it looks like a back-country beater again. The winter weather doesn't help of course.
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:36 am

Lance wrote:
Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:but shifting gears with the wrong hand :(

I've had the opportunity to teach several people to drive a stick. When teaching how to work the clutch, I'd operate the gear shift from the passenger side with my left hand. I wonder if that would give me an advantage if I ever had to drive a (heh) leftist car.

Probably would. It's been a while since I've driven leftist, but I recall that the accelerator, brake, and clutch are all in the same relative position, so the main difference is the position of the gear shift.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:16 am

Jimmy and I weren't so scared of 14's driving today. (Oh, um... 14 is moosedoom's nickname. Or is that nicknumber?) She was kinda scary with not slowign down for curves, though.

We saw Jimmy drive for the first time. He's pretty good, except anytime he hit the brakes or accelerator, we were thrown into our seats. :) I'm riding in the car with him on friday, so I'll get to see if he improves. I think he drives all by his lonesome Thurday at 8:00 am...

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:37 am

Legend on future maps:

[Where Michigan used to be]
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Joffan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:54 am

Is that the project for the summer, then, learning to drive? or do you all have any other plans at the moment?
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:38 am

Well... Plans I know of for the summer:

Jimmy, moose, and I are volunteering at the local library to help out with the little kids' summer reading program. That fills our Mondays and Wednesdays for nine, non-consecutive weeks.

You already know about that driving thing. Classes get over in two weeks.

Moose is taking summer school classes for one more week (she didn't fail. Jimmy failed one semester... but he's not summer schooling...)

Jimmy is Mr. Athletic and has to lift weights in the mornings at the school for the up-coming football season because he's skinny and kinda wimpy. I think Dalton could take him in a fight.

Jimmy is going on a mission trip with his youth-group to Tennessee on the last week of June.

I'm turning 17 on June 30th. Jimmy's going to miss it because he'll be off saving the souls of hillbillies.

To make up for the heavenly hillbillies, Jimmy is going to take me to see Superman and is baking me cookies. Today he said he might buy me a Rubik's cube. :D

My friend Emily is coming up from West Virginia, and my friend Katie and I get to hang out with her in early July. Wheee.

Moose, Katie, our friend Winters, and I might go see Pirates of the Carribbean 2. Katie's not really into those movies, but she might go anyway. Katie and Winters (especially Winters) hate Jimmy, so Jimmy has to stay at home. Poor Jimmy. I'll give him extra hugs.

Jimmy plans on going to Cedar Point a few more times during the summer.

I'm trying to talk my mom into going to King's Island (another amusement park), because I haven't been on a non-school related trip since I started high-school. :?

(I think that's it. That's all I can remember, anyway...)

--hippie, don't forget, you asked!
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Joffan » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:13 am

An impressive list, I'm glad I asked...

Driving taught in two weeks. That's scary; if you pay careful attention you might just know enough to be dangerous by then.

Mission in Tennessee.... I didn't realise that it was a hotbed of unwashed heathens! (more then Michigan is - or do missions operate in the reverse direction also?)

Ah Rubiks cube... I used to be a one minute solver, no cheat books involved. I remember a graffito, "1981 - the year of the cube".

Amusement parks... I think you'll be Ok but there's a switch point when you gain enough mass that some rides are not fun any more - good at 14/15, no good at (say) 20. Good luck in your campaign anyway.
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:23 am

Joffan wrote:An impressive list, I'm glad I asked...

Driving taught in two weeks. That's scary; if you pay careful attention you might just know enough to be dangerous by then.

Mission in Tennessee.... I didn't realise that it was a hotbed of unwashed heathens! (more then Michigan is - or do missions operate in the reverse direction also?)

Ah Rubiks cube... I used to be a one minute solver, no cheat books involved. I remember a graffito, "1981 - the year of the cube".

Amusement parks... I think you'll be Ok but there's a switch point when you gain enough mass that some rides are not fun any more - good at 14/15, no good at (say) 20. Good luck in your campaign anyway.

Yeah, I was wondering about the burning souls a few states away, too. Jimmy says they're going to "save" people. Sounds... strange...

I highly enjoy Rubik's cubes. I broke my last one when I tore it apart to see the insides and something snapped when I tried to stick it back together. I've lost two cubes that way. I get curious about how it works before I have a plan to solve it. Maybe this time all the stickers will match?

I really like the older rollercoasters more than the new "giga-coasters." Like at Cedar Point, my favorite ride is the Magnum XL and was built in 1989 (it was the biggest and fastest of it's time), because you get speed AND air-time. Millenium Force on the other hand is mostly just speed.

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Joffan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:50 am

Saving people...

Maybe he means they'll just wander around looking for people in mortal peril. Perhaps they'll hang out at train stations, push people on the tracks and then save them.

Rubiks cube...

My technique was to solve it layer by layer. The top layer is pretty easy, I didn't really have any special moves for that. The middle layer is also straightforward, I had maybe two tricks for that. The bottom layer I did edges and corners separately, about 3 tricks for each, plus flip moves.

Im pretty surprised that you broke the cubes putting them together; I'd think damage was more likely taking them apart. The safest way to do that is turn the top layer 45 degrees, twist the side layer down a fraction, and pop out the edge piece with the gap under it.

Under no circumstances should you remove the stickers.
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Мастер » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:51 am

Joffan wrote:My technique was to solve it layer by layer. The top layer is pretty easy, I didn't really have any special moves for that. The middle layer is also straightforward, I had maybe two tricks for that. The bottom layer I did edges and corners separately, about 3 tricks for each, plus flip moves.

Sounds pretty similar to my technique, but I think I broke the one minute barrier only once.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby St. Jimmy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:55 am

hippie!!! You forgot that I have boy scout camp on the week of the 17th of July!

~Ducky, posting once again to throw you off.~
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Joffan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:13 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Sounds pretty similar to my technique, but I think I broke the one minute barrier only once.

Yessss... Well as I recall I was "about" 1 minute, meaning occasionally under but usually five-ten seconds over.

Boy scouts eh Santiago? That's where you rub two girl guides togather and watch the boys burst into flame?
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby St. Jimmy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:50 am

Joffan wrote:Boy scouts eh Santiago? That's where you rub two girl guides togather and watch the boys burst into flame?

That could imply 2 things. 1) Boy Scouts are gay/bi. or 2) Boy Scouts are frightened of intimacy with the oppistite sex. Sadly, A bi/gay boy scout is rarely found. :( And what male over the age 15 will you find that hasn't done something with their significant other/ ex-significant other? :wink:
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:09 am

St. Jimmy wrote:hippie!!! You forgot that I have boy scout camp on the week of the 17th of July!

~Ducky, posting once again to throw you off.~

Hey, I said that was all I *remembered.* And I remembered most of the stuff... Yeah. I forgot to say I was taking the ACT + Writing this Saturday, too. That's in the summer... Yup...

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby hippietrekx » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:17 am

Wow, did this place just gather a crowd of tumble-weeds or what?
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Joffan » Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:18 am

Actually Jimmy all I was implying was that the idea of sexual interaction of any kind will set the bloodstream of a young man a-flood with hormonally-fuelled desire. My thoughts as it happened were aimed at the majority heterosexual segment. Whether any particular young man acts on that or not is another matter of course.

How you reached YOUR conclusions is a matter of interesting speculation... gay/bi, hmm, frightened of intimacy, really....
Joffan
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:46 am

**** WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! ****

The last assassin standing for Round 2 is hippietrekx.

First to go was pmcolt via the Rule of Posting Frequency. Next was teri tait, then Nighthawk, then Lance, then St. Jimmy all with the same Rule of Posting Frequency.

I see 2 days is just not enough time. :oops:

There followed a very long period in which our players racked up new kill words but never said any of them. But just now I see that Doe, John hasn't posted in over 48 hours and Joffan has said his kill word whether (jump, distant, hill, stretch, whether, yard).

Thus, hippietrekx wins not having said her words silver, current, hold, fire, wash, radio.

Hope everyone had fun! :mrgreen: I won't be starting Round 3, because I'm finding less and less time to be able to post here. Work getting more demanding, evening storms, and soon I'll be moving.

Someone else want a go? I know of at least 2 people who have already expressed interest in playing!
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Philip » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:06 am

Congratulations hippie, break out a new battery in celebration!

umop ap!sdn wrote:Work getting more demanding, evening storms,

Umop, what industry are you in?
Philip
Illuminatus
Illuminatus

PreviousNext

Return to Baba O'Riley