Assassins: Round 4

All the game threads. (It's only teenage wasteland.)

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:00 am

hippietrekx wrote:I like pineapple, personally.

Thanks, now I have a taste for those and there aren't any around here. :P

Otherwise, I'd have to say maybe the fuzzy kind that's also slang for something else.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby teri tait » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:26 pm

Nectarines and plums, soooo yummy!!
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:28 am

Agreed. I ate my last Plum yesterday... :(
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby St. Jimmy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:46 am

Wait for it....Wait for it........Wait for it.........annnnndddddd........

BAAANNNNGGG!!!!!!!!!

And that's the game!!!!! All I will say for now (because I am pressed for time) is that Umop is your winner!!!! I will post the details of the game tomorrow when I have more time.

w00t!!!! Go Umop!!!!! :rgs-woot:
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:53 am

OMG Lance, you suck!

:cry:

:P
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:17 am

Oh, no it's just that he didn't post in 3 days. :mrgreen: Good game, everyone!!! I eagerly await the rundown - wanna see what my words were.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby St. Jimmy » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:45 am

Ok here's how it went down.
Our first casuality was hippietrekx (haha, Dom, haha) by the word "Snake" She assassinated by Umop.
Our second casuality was Teri by the word "water". She was also defeated by Umop.
The third casuality was Dragon Star by the word "off". He was not assassinated by umop, but by Llance.
And our final casuality was.......Llance by "bad" (Explination at bottom of post). He was killed by our new assassins champion......UMOP!!!!! w00t!!!

Congratulations Umop, oh royal assassins champion!!!

Explination of Llance's death: Let's say for example that somebody's kill word was "Funny". Well that person could die by saying "funny", "funnier", or "funniest". Now let's say that somebody had an irregular adjective for their kill word, such as Llance had the kill word, "Bad". Going by the same rule followed by the "funny", "funnier", and "funniest" went by, Llance would die if he had said, "Bad", "Worse", or "Worst" (He said "Worst"). So yeah, if anyone was confused by that. Or if you want to argue that, that's not fair, then he did forget to post within the 3 days posting frequency rule. so either way.....Umop wins. w00t!
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion....you must first set yourself on fire.
St. Jimmy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:17 am

St. Jimmy wrote:Explination of Llance's death: Let's say for example that somebody's kill word was "Funny". Well that person could die by saying "funny", "funnier", or "funniest". Now let's say that somebody had an irregular adjective for their kill word, such as Llance had the kill word, "Bad". Going by the same rule followed by the "funny", "funnier", and "funniest" went by, Llance would die if he had said, "Bad", "Worse", or "Worst" (He said "Worst"). So yeah, if anyone was confused by that. Or if you want to argue that, that's not fair, then he did forget to post within the 3 days posting frequency rule. so either way.....Umop wins. w00t!

Wait... you were typing this up when you were on the phone with me, weren't you?
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:43 am

St. Jimmy wrote:The third casuality was Dragon Star by the word "off". He was not assassinated by umop, but by Llance.

Er...as if that wasn't clear? :?

The fact that I knew what the word was and I lost due to technicality pisses me off, but all well, at least my assassin also lost to technicality! :twisted:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:31 am

St. Jimmy wrote:Congratulations Umop, oh royal assassins champion!!!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Well, Llance, you were right in that I was also trying to get you to say "nail" and "bomb". Also "cheese" and of course "bad".

I guess I pulled a fast one on you there hippie with the talk of rattlesnakes. :D "Picture" and "hat" would have also done the trick.

Teri, that talk of carrots was meant for you. ;) So was "lock" but I never had a chance to try to use that one. :D In my line of work I could really have done something with that...

I've been avoiding posting the words "ice", "rug", "law", "claw", "munch", "three", and "egg". Dunno if I have any of those right or am way off, but there it is.

I don't know what DS's words were besides the highly publicised one, the information of which confirmed my suspicions that we were down to the last 2 players. :lol:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:07 pm

St. Jimmy wrote:Explination of Llance's death: Let's say for example that somebody's kill word was "Funny". Well that person could die by saying "funny", "funnier", or "funniest". Now let's say that somebody had an irregular adjective for their kill word, such as Llance had the kill word, "Bad". Going by the same rule followed by the "funny", "funnier", and "funniest" went by, Llance would die if he had said, "Bad", "Worse", or "Worst" (He said "Worst"). So yeah, if anyone was confused by that. Or if you want to argue that, that's not fair, then he did forget to post within the 3 days posting frequency rule. so either way.....Umop wins. w00t!

For what it's worth, I used the word "worst" specifically to avoid using the word "bad". When the fourth round of kill words came out and the new one I got for DS was "off", it seemed reasonable for me to assume that my new killword was something equally simple. After reading umop's next bait and parsing my first response to the "bad joke" I concluded that "bad" was the word I should avoid and used "worst" instead.

But I'll certainly take the hit on the 3 day rule. I thought about making a post right at the 4,319 minute mark as I saw the clock ticking down, but nah...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:28 pm

I'm glad I made it a lot further in this one! Progress is good...

I took the stance of sitting back and letting everyone else do the killing in this one until I knew I was in the final 3 (I still thought 4 were in), so I didn't make hardly any attempt to kill umop as I knew it was pointless till the end anyways...

My words were: "Hot", "Stereo", "Father", and "Home".
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:59 pm

Dragon Star wrote:"Hot", "Stereo", "Father", and "Home".

Could have gotten me to say any of those easily! :P
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:58 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:"Hot", "Stereo", "Father", and "Home".

Could have gotten me to say any of those easily! :P

True, but I didn't want to get counter-assassinated...yet. :P
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby teri tait » Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:15 am

WooHoo!!! Yay for Umop!
In my hands I hold a candle whose flame is small to see, And if I give but one light to you my life is filled for me.
But...In your hands you hold a torch for many eyes to see, So hold it high that they may light their candlewicks from thee.
By Faye

Nikola Tesla = Image
teri tait
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:25 pm

teri tait wrote:WooHoo!!! Yay for Umop!

Thanks. :D

Yay, new rank title! Llance, I swear to gladly perform the duties of llama protection, to the best of my ablity, so help me FSM.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:42 pm

And congratulations to you, Satrap Umop.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:48 pm

Thanks. :D

I had to look up the word. Although one of the books I've been studying includes the word σατράπης in some of its example sentences, it only gives "satrap" as the English equivalent. :lol:

So who's doing round 5?
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:10 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:So who's doing round 5?

I think we need to draft new rules to change the game up a bit.

Anyone agree?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:45 pm

Sure.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby umop ap!sdn » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:04 am

Feel free to write up a new set of rules and post 'em in a signup thread! :D You're welcome to base them on the original or start from scratch.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:37 am

Not me :P My gaming comprehension goes about as deep as a regular posting game. I could offer ideas after a new draft is written but I can't write it.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:31 pm

Okay.

I may write something up and post a signup thread within the next couple of weeks depending on my schedule.

Meanwhile if anyone else wants a turn, go for it! :D
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Previous

Return to Baba O'Riley