Assassins round 5 play thread

All the game threads. (It's only teenage wasteland.)

Postby Мастер » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:18 pm

umop ap!sdn wrote:KOS's words were soft, office, mix, bone, tangent, skin.

Ah, one of the words I had been posting routinely here to meet the posting frequency rule. But I stopped when new words came out - sometimes excess of paranoia does pay off :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:54 pm

When assigning 5th kill words, I made sure that all of them were words the players in question had already posted. :twisted: Of course then it looked like you were going to turn around and counterassassinate azazul but I couldn't figure out how you knew which word.
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:41 pm

Wow, my randomly volunteering information finally caught up with me.

Meh, that's always how I play, though.

I could have swore I posted just 48 hours before my final foot post... Hmm... I don't know. I've got like five bazillion essays to write at any given time. I just know I type every day. Except Friday, I had to fix my dress on Friday.

--hippay
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Dragon Star » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:44 am

Yea, KOS...you play a good game my friend, lol. Drawing circles with you in PM's ws hilarious. I don't know if you were on to me 100%, but I was onto you when I figured hippie died. If it wasn't for you meddling in the posting frequency rule, I may have given you a run for your money. :mrgreen:

However, FTR, I wasn't lying to you the first time you asked if I was dead, I really thought I was...but umop PM's me notifying me that since no one said anything about it, I was allowed to continue. So that is why I had to play the way I did. :D
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:58 am

Under the reasoning that it wouldn't have been much of a game had player after player gone away via the posting frequency rule.

(Actually we did have such a game in one of the rounds.)
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby hippietrekx » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:57 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:Under the reasoning that it wouldn't have been much of a game had player after player gone away via the posting frequency rule.

(Actually we did have such a game in one of the rounds.)

Yeah, the round I won. Number 2, I think.
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:01 am

umop ap!sdn wrote:Of course then it looked like you were going to turn around and counterassassinate azazul but I couldn't figure out how you knew which word.

I think you're reading way too much into that :P At that point, I thought (incorrectly) it was just hippie and myself, and hippie had in fact asked me a question that I interpreted (also incorrectly) as an effort to get me to say a particular word. If I made a counter-assassination attempt then, I would have chosen the wrong assassin :P
Last edited by Мастер on Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby hippietrekx » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:35 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
umop ap!sdn wrote:Of course then it looked like you were going to turn around and counterassassinate azazul but I couldn't figure out how you knew which word.

I think you're reading way too much into that :P At that point, I thought (incorrectly) it was just hippie and myself, and hippie had in fact asked me a question that I interpreted (also incorrectly) as an effort to get me to say a particular word. If I made a counter-assassination attempt then, I would have chosen the wrong assassin :P

Nah, flat-out asking isn't in my game plan (which, yes, is more than just random thoughts).
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:21 am

Hmm - it just occurs to me, if I have an accomplice who is not playing, the accomplice could attempt to get my target to say a word in a clumsy and painfully obvious fashion. The likely counter-assassination attempt would then fail, because it would be directed at the wrong target, but with the correct word. . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:23 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Hmm - it just occurs to me, if I have an accomplice who is not playing, the accomplice could attempt to get my target to say a word in a clumsy and painfully obvious fashion. The likely counter-assassination attempt would then fail, because it would be directed at the wrong target, but with the correct word. . .

I read that 10 times and I still have no idea WTF you are saying. :lol:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:32 am

Dragon Star wrote:I read that 10 times and I still have no idea WTF you are saying. :lol:

Suppose you are my target, and your word is "house." Then I could have an accomplice try to get you to say "house" by asking, "So, DS, do you live in an apartment now?" "So, DS, what do you think about that new Hugh Laurie show?" "DS, can you think of any words that rhyme with mouse?" To which you might reply, "I hereby counter-assassinate KOS's accomplice, who is trying to get me to say house." Then you would be dead, because you would have said your word, but gotten the wrong assassin.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:59 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:I read that 10 times and I still have no idea WTF you are saying. :lol:

Suppose you are my target, and your word is "house." Then I could have an accomplice try to get you to say "house" by asking, "So, DS, do you live in an apartment now?" "So, DS, what do you think about that new Hugh Laurie show?" "DS, can you think of any words that rhyme with mouse?" To which you might reply, "I hereby counter-assassinate KOS's accomplice, who is trying to get me to say house." Then you would be dead, because you would have said your word, but gotten the wrong assassin.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby umop ap!sdn » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:08 am

Excellent strategy, KOS. :twisted:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby pmcolt » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 pm

Congratulations, KOS.
Best before June 2000