What is it?

All the game threads. (It's only teenage wasteland.)

Re: What is it?

Postby Мастер » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:22 am

Looking for something which would say what percentage of the US population would be in the global top 1% of income and/or wealth. Haven't found such a source so far, but did find something (source is this Milanovic fellow at the World Bank) which claims that 50 million of the 60 million highest income earners (approximately the global top 1% in income) are in the US, western Europe, or Oceania.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:08 am

5/6th of the top earners being in the US, Western Europe or Oceania doesn't surprise me. I saw figures a couple of years ago (which of course I can't remember) giving what it took to be in the top 10% in the UK, which would put you into the top 1% or so in the world and it wasn't that high.

Edit: after checking wiki (I know, I know) it seems that the top 1% of taxpayers started at about £100k in 2008, if you take the whole population it would be a lot lower.
Last edited by Heid the Ba on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Мастер » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 am

Heid the Ba' wrote:5/6th of the top earners being in the US, Western Europe or Oceania doesn't surprise me. I saw figures a couple of years ago (which of course I can't remember) giving what it took to be in the top 10% in the UK, which would put you into the top 1% or so in the world and it wasn't that high.

Oh, my off-the-cuff guess is that being in the top 10% in the UK would put you very comfortably in the global top 1%, for either wealth or income. But that is off-the-cuff, I should probably check before guessing :)
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:15 am

I think you are right, I'd be surprised if it didn't, though I should probably check at BAUT or FWIS before giving a definite answer.

And apologies, my edit was done as you posted and appeared after.
Get it up ye.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Мастер » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

Heid the Ba' wrote:I think you are right, I'd be surprised if it didn't, though I should probably check at BAUT or FWIS before giving a definite answer.

:mrgreen:

Although if you're going to check at FWIS, you'll have to find it first.

Heid the Ba' wrote:Edit: after checking wiki (I know, I know) it seems that the top 1% of taxpayers started at about £100k in 2008, if you take the whole population it would be a lot lower.

Oh, I would have guessed higher. The number I have in my head for the top 1% in the US is $340K. I would also need to check at BAUT and FWIS on the number, and also check this particular definition of income.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Мастер » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Мастер wrote:Although if you're going to check at FWIS, you'll have to find it first.

Speaking of which . . .

http://www.fwis3.com/newpaint/index.php

There is a "Rules" thread, with a single post, which ends with

This board is not for everyone.

Well, what board is?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby FZR1KG » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:49 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread. FWIS has been up and running but due to various reasons we lost the site a few times and much of the data with it. So for a while the only people that could find it were those that would check in daily. Ikyoto, the site Admin was diagnosed with a brain tumor and operated on. This left him in a wheel chair for a long time and he also had to relearn a lot of things. The brain however is capable of relearning and restructuring so he is doing a lot better than shortly after the surgery. This was just one of the reasons for the site's sporadic nature.

The other day I tried to see if the wayback machine had a snapshot of at least some of the old FWIS, it has but, alas all it had was the body and the first page of the forums. No posts. I did find references to past members so started a list of the names of people we lost touch with. One of our members asked about a "Dragon..." I believed this to be Dragon Star and I wondered if Illuminati r us is still around and if he is there. Hence me finding this site.

For those who might not have known, we lost four members in the last few years.
In order of passing
Maksutov
Mike Alexander
Russ
CID

I've been trying to get Mike Alexander's posts on XOF (satire of FOX news) recovered as his wife joined the group prior his passing and is still a member there but had not read his earlier work. It appears however that they are lost for all time. Hence the attempt at the wayback machine.

In any case, for those that we couldn't contact when the site went down multiple times the current address is: www.FWIS3.com
At this point it will probably stay that way till Iky can no longer run the place or moves on to the ether.

Hope everyone is doing well here.
FZR1KG
Government Shill
Government Shill

Previous

Return to Baba O'Riley