Banned Again

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby Bandit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:20 am

Candy wrote:
Bandit wrote:Hi Candy. :) How's the Windy City treating you? It snowed here today, this after I got some sun last week .. go figure! :-s

The weather is topsy turvy. I had my glass door open all night long, and the fan blaring. I slept like a baby. It's starting to get chilly. I can't wait for some heat.

I have a new work shift, so I'm back on two afternoon's and two midnight's. I leave for work, shortly. :(
That sucks. It's got to be hard on the system to work two shifts in one week.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bandit » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:32 am

Lonewulf wrote:
Bandit wrote:Who asked you?

No one.
No shit Sherlock. Fuck you. If you like, I can email someone from the BAUT and make sure that they let the BA know you're right up his butt over here .. how's that sound?

What is done is done. I don't give a fuck what you think nor was I serious about trashing Dr. Plait behind his back .. ain't my style.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Lonewulf » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:46 am

Bandit wrote:No shit Sherlock. Fuck you. If you like, I can email someone from the BAUT and make sure that they let the BA know you're right up his butt over here .. how's that sound?

Whoa. Hostility. Not the first time I've made someone angry on this board, but it's almost the first time I did it without trying.

What is done is done.

Agreed. I see no reason to harp on about it.

I don't give a fuck what you think...

Hence the hostility?

...nor was I serious about trashing Dr. Plait behind his back .. ain't my style.

I thought so (on it not being your style). I was a little surprised to see your post. I didn't realize you weren't serious.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:13 am

Me either, I actually thought he had something against BA.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:14 am

That was the impression I got, though for me beyond idle curiosity, I don't care either way. Why must we fuss?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lonewulf » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:40 am

Enzo wrote:That was the impression I got, though for me beyond idle curiosity, I don't care either way. Why must we fuss?

Good question.

I kinda like the term "Who asked you?" It's a good one to use to anyone; since a lot of people tend to give their opinions when no one explicitely asks them.

Other than that, I really don't care either way.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:02 pm

Bandit wrote:That sucks. It's got to be hard on the system to work two shifts in one week.

I've literally been doing this since 2001. It's put a severe cramp in my life style. :(

I've noticed the BAUT changing. It is gearing toward education for children/teenagers. Basically, the BAUT is wanting to be a site for serious science research. I recently saw a "sticky" by ToSeek which led me to believe this.

I'm guessing more bannings are coming for many posters that don't conform. I'm very surprised that people aren't getting warned for saying words like hell. I'm even more surprised that people aren't getting warned with obvious or subtle flirtations. Perhaps, it's just a matter of time. :wink:
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:20 pm

Yea, I use DAMN a lot over there because it is...well...the only thing they let you say, so I am sure that will be out the window very soon as well.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:16 am

I've noticed BAUT changing as well. It does seem they are trying overly hard to herd things down a very narrow path. The PTB there seem overly touchy to me of late. I can respect wanting to keep it G rated for a family audience, but it goes beyond that. On the other hand I do appreciate that it doesn't allow unlimited ranting and raving. The threads are moved around so much it can be hard to keep track of some of them.

I find myself no longer going there every day.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bandit » Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:29 am

Candy wrote:
Bandit wrote:That sucks. It's got to be hard on the system to work two shifts in one week.

I've literally been doing this since 2001. It's put a severe cramp in my life style. :(

I've noticed the BAUT changing. It is gearing toward education for children/teenagers. Basically, the BAUT is wanting to be a site for serious science research. I recently saw a "sticky" by ToSeek which led me to believe this.

I'm guessing more bannings are coming for many posters that don't conform. I'm very surprised that people aren't getting warned for saying words like hell. I'm even more surprised that people aren't getting warned with obvious or subtle flirtations. Perhaps, it's just a matter of time. :wink:
Sorry about the delay .. my computer went south Candy.

They run a tight ship over there.. (shrugs). I think in my case it was a matter of not being astronomically savvy enough to debate things like intrinsic red shifts so I picked on the woo woos. After a while that got old ..

I want to apologize to Lonewolf and those that read my pre-crash snap, not for what I wrote, but for how I phrased it. When someone gets banned from a board it's not a good idea to volunteer that the decision was warranted (even if it was - which it was). It's moot and to read how it was justified (without prompting) was enough to kick in my Irish side. F-words come easily for me in real life but shouldn't when I make the effort to think of and then type a response. My outburst was juvenile.

Lonewolf, learn some tact .. I'm working on it myself.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Candy » Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:24 pm

Hello Bandit. I'm realizing that a ban from BAUT is a good thing. I don't think I could've conformed to an upstanding citizen. :wink:

I'm starting to realize that forums are just not that great, period. I don't like the weirdness.

I just got a letter from my grandmother, the one who raised me. I need to call her. Hell, I need to go see her. :)
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:45 pm

Candy wrote:Hello Bandit. I'm realizing that a ban from BAUT is a good thing. I don't think I could've conformed to an upstanding citizen. :wink:

Oh, how true that is.

I'm starting to realize that forums are just not that great, period. I don't like the weirdness.

Different strokes for different folks.

I just got a letter from my grandmother, the one who raised me. I need to call her. Hell, I need to go see her. :)

Then do so. Family is certainly more important than internet forums (depending on what you're using the forums for, that is)

(I know Candy is probably not going to see this for a while, and I decided to take out some of the edge in my voice)
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:47 am

Enzo wrote:I've noticed BAUT changing as well. It does seem they are trying overly hard to herd things down a very narrow path. The PTB there seem overly touchy to me of late. I can respect wanting to keep it G rated for a family audience, but it goes beyond that. On the other hand I do appreciate that it doesn't allow unlimited ranting and raving. The threads are moved around so much it can be hard to keep track of some of them.

I find myself no longer going there every day.

They cannot seem to keep track of the IP addresses of people whom they have banned for life just because they disagree with what they are saying.

:x :x :x :x

It doesn't seem to be a place for science but for school children. Reminds me of the island in Lord of the Flies. It shows what happens when kids are left to manage things.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Banned Again

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:54 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:They cannot seem to keep track of the IP addresses of people whom they have banned
for life just because they disagree with what they are saying.

They? :shock:

You are starting to sound paranoid.

As you can see here, at least 49 others held a similar position as you.
Non of them were banned.

You were banned for breaking the rules.
Get over it. Grow up. :roll:

Bill_Thompson wrote:It doesn't seem to be a place for science but for school children.
Reminds me of the island in Lord of the Flies.
It shows what happens when kids are left to manage things.

Do I sense a bit of resentment here?
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Re: Banned Again

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:02 am

Hell yeah I am upset.

Ironically people encouraged me to go back there and thought it was a place to present ideas where people will look at them rationally.

If this is so and if this is the best venue. There is no hope for anyone

And what the F'ing rules did I break? I didn't have time to present documentation to back up my argument on a timely basis? Or is it after I was banned for life I went back and logged on to present these documentation and support for my arguments?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Halcyon Dayz, FCD » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:18 am

On any forum it is advisable to read the rules, before posting.

Bill_Thompson wrote:Ironically people encouraged me to go back there...

(Emphasis mine.)
They weren't aware of the facts.
And they, therefore, didn't use the word back.

Bill_Thompson wrote:And what the F'ing rules did I break? I didn't have time to present documentation to back up my argument on a timely basis? Or is it after I was banned for life I went back and logged on to present these documentation and support for my arguments?

Looky here.
Basically, you had your chances and blew them all.
And no reincarnations allowed. Those are the rules.

Now you're on a campaign of backstabbing and 'historical revisionism',
in an attempt to make yourself look good.
Guess what, you failed. Miserably.
Nobody takes you serious on this issue anymore.
Hatred is a cancer upon the world.
It rots the mind and blackens the heart.
Halcyon Dayz, FCD
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Snarling Rabid Green-Communist Big-Government Tree-Hugger Euroweasel

Postby Lonewulf » Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:35 am

Halcyon Dayz brought up the points well enough, but I want to get involved.

Bill_Thompson wrote:They cannot seem to keep track of the IP addresses of people whom they have banned for life just because they disagree with what they are saying.

:x :x :x :x

1) You were not banned for life against disagreeing. This claim is full of fallacious logic on all levels; you merely show your ignorance and inability to comprehend simple things in this. But once again, what seems obvious to most people seems very difficult for you to comprehend.

You need to evaluate your posts and how you come off to people, as well as how you talk to people. For instance, calling everyone in the BAUT a Star-Trek obsessed geek because they disagree with you does not make you come off well. You continually talk down to people because they disagree with you (Like the time you said that you think that God put me here for people to make fun of me -- I let you off on that one as it was pretty much tit for tat on insulting each other, but it seems to me now that you would have said that to me even if I never insulted you).

You need to evaluate yourself, your behavior, and your behavior to others. I do think that most people here on this forum would agree (those that would care, that is).

2) It doesn't matter if they were justified or not. It is their forum; they run it the way they want to. It is private property. Whether you disagree or not, you continuing to try to break into the forum dishonestly is a dishonest action, and one actionable by the moderators. If you're enough of a hassle, I think they might even be able to bring a case against you along the lines of harrassment (but I'm not too keen on internet law).

There is no reason for you to think that you are entitled to post there. Such an ability is a privilege, not a right, no matter how you bring up a butchered concept of "Freedom of Speech"; and it is their privilege to grant.

Until you understand these simple concepts, you are a worthless waste of space on the internet, and a mere nuisance to us, while a major nuisance to the moderators of the BAUT. You misbehaved and acted arrogant over it, and they called you out on it. Deal with it. (And don't even bother to argue the point with me; I know what happened, I was there, and I've heard you whine about it enough -- I'm not going to waste more time on you beating that damn horse!)

It doesn't seem to be a place for science but for school children. Reminds me of the island in Lord of the Flies. It shows what happens when kids are left to manage things.

The only one here looking a child is you, not the BAUT. You're the one breaking the rules of the forum, you're the one continually sock puppetting and continuing dishonest acts, and you're the one who has committed other acts purely out of spite against the moderators and the forum.

Hell, and you want to talk about spite? I notice that you continually try to take pot shots at me in the middle of conversations just to attack me; you do everything you can, no matter the conversation, to attack me, SETI, or the BAUT. You do so in a way that's quick and easy to overlook, just so someone will react, and you can act the pretty little boy that's all innocent while everyone around you is reacting so horribly to some little thing you said.

You're about or over twice my age. Stop acting like you're half it.

Side note: Hell, Lance banned me from the IRU for a short while, even though I wanted to say some things to some posts. Did I sock puppet my way back? No, because this is Lance's forum, and I won't throw a wrench into the works that he's spent a long time making and upholding. Candy and you do not seem to get this; that the moderators of the forum have to take a long time out of their lives to do their jobs.

Instead, you both act with spite and without a care for others. You act like the victims, when you're the trouble makers. You act like the innocents when you're the guilty party.

You want to find a good place to discuss something science-related? Invite people to your forum. If you know someone from the BAUT, then go ahead and ask him to tell his friends to join up. Pretty soon, you can develop a solid enough user base to maybe get your questions answered. You can also advertise it to the Apollohoax Forum, though I don't think you'll pick up that many people; but you may get people telling their friends to get involved on the discussion.

This is the mature way to handle the situation. I recommend you do it.

(I have no idea how the font size changed in the middle of this post... if it isn't just my screen, that is...)
Fixed -Lance
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:42 am

I often find I overestimate people.

And I am often disappointed in people.

And I often make the mistake in thinking that people must be smarter than they really are.

Maybe I should not have such high hopes.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:44 am

Halcyon Dayz wrote:On any forum it is advisable to read the rules, before posting.

Bill_Thompson wrote:Ironically people encouraged me to go back there...

(Emphasis mine.)
They weren't aware of the facts.
And they, therefore, didn't use the word back.

Bill_Thompson wrote:And what the F'ing rules did I break? I didn't have time to present documentation to back up my argument on a timely basis? Or is it after I was banned for life I went back and logged on to present these documentation and support for my arguments?

Looky here.
Basically, you had your chances and blew them all.
And no reincarnations allowed. Those are the rules.

I cannot easily lookie there. But I think you are wrong.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:59 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Halcyon Dayz wrote:Looky here.

I cannot easily lookie there.

Well then, allow me:

on BAUT, Wolverine wrote:
on BAUT, N C More wrote:It's just, well come on, Mr. Thompson accuses NASA of lying to and bam-boozling the public, the motive of which is money and job security. And then, he expects noone to call him on this? Pa-leeze!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Moreover, William_Thompson has repeatedly failed to meet his obligations here, despite the warnings issued by the forum staff. Contrary to his claim of "not having the time" to participate on this thread, he's not only needlessly bumped other, unrelated threads, but has actively posted in other discussions while evading the questions posed here. I made it abundantly clear that such behavior is not tolerated on this forum. Account terminated.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lance » Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:01 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:I often find I overestimate people.

And I often make the mistake in thinking that people must be smarter than they really are.

Actually, Bill, you underestimate people most of the time. You are disappointed when you can't get people to act how you want them to.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:45 am

Lance wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:I often find I overestimate people.

Actually, Bill, you underestimate people most of the time. You are disappointed when you can't get people to act how you want them to.

Actually, Lance, I overestimate people all the time. I am always disappointed on people's application of supposition and fuzzy logic and insistance in things they want to believe is true. You flipping his around like this is a perfect example of this dillusion.

Cute easter bunny tho'.

How do you like my avatar? I saw it on a malaysian webiste and I always thought it looked classy. I can't wait to hear Lowewulf and I Am He say it looks like pee, tho'.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:29 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:Actually, Lance, I overestimate people all the time. I am always disappointed on people's application of supposition and fuzzy logic and insistance in things they want to believe is true. You flipping his around like this is a perfect example of this dillusion.

No, no, he's perfectly right. You underestimate people, and you're the one that applies fuzzy logic -- constantly.

How do you like my avatar? I saw it on a malaysian webiste and I always thought it looked classy. I can't wait to hear Lowewulf and I Am He say it looks like pee, tho'.

Once more, you underestimate me. I'm far wittier than that.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:13 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Actually, Lance, I overestimate people all the time.

Under. You misspelled underestimate again.

Bill_Thompson wrote:I am always disappointed on people's application of supposition and fuzzy logic and insistance in things they want to believe is true.

But you are the most notorious for doing this. It's funny that you don't understand that.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby I Am He » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:15 pm

That's a poor excuse for a Jackalope you have there, Lance. I looks like you use a Llama and put some antlers on it, and you know that there is no such thing as a Llamalope. Now if you want to know want a Jakalope really looks like. Just ask MM Dandy, he's the in house expert. Or better yet you could ask the real expert, Bill Thompson. I'm sure he sees all kind of thing and can give you his expert opinion on their shape and size, and he most likely can tell you what they think also. So in the future if you wish make a Jackalope, just confer with the expert first. But first take into consideration that MM Dandy on seen one but our Boy Bill, knows everything about them. Hope this will help you in the future, Lance. And I hope you don't mind me making these suggestions.
ho·me·o·path
n.
An effect produced by the successive dilution of intelligence to non-existent levels; can cause an unqualified high school drop out to consider themselves better qualified than actual doctors. See also: whack job
I Am He
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

PreviousNext

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)