Britney Spears

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby Lance » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:13 pm

So what exactly is your obsession with Britney Spears, Bill? No one around here talks about her at all until you bring her up. It seems you're that only one that cares about her at all.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:23 pm

I think he's running away from his subconscious, which secretly desires her.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:39 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:
I didn't see a grammy in your list. What amounts to a buch of kids voting her as being "awesome" doesn't add up to anything. It only shows that someone (else) is successful in marketing an image to horney teens.

What does winning a grammy have to do with being a winner? That would make Michael Jackson a winnter. :shock:
"Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logics. Doesn't make sense." -River
SciFi Chick
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:15 am

Well, at least she wouldn't scare the children.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:36 am

Very true. :lol:
SciFi Chick
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:39 pm

Lance wrote:Well, at least she wouldn't scare the children.

That is so photoshopped. She is not nearly that well taken care of. But still, this is why we are supposed to like her, right? We are supposed to think she is so perfect physically and we all the singing and dancing is an excuse. Kind of like men who say they like football but really go to see the cheerleaders.

I would have more respect for her if she did a concert in a fat suit. I am talking about one of those things Hollywood special effects people do to make people look obesse. And she comes out and sings exactly as she would normally sing and she does the exact same dance moves. I mean, we are supposed to like her because she can sing and she can dance. For once we can like her because she has a sense of humor.

By the way, the real Britney Spears have boobies that point to the floor not these photoshopped perky nipples shown above
Last edited by Bill_Thompson on Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:But still, this is why we are supposed to like her, right?

Well, if you're so moved, I guess what ever works for you.

I think what the rest of us are curious about, Bill, is why do you care so much?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:46 pm

Lance wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:But still, this is why we are supposed to like her, right?

Well, if you're so moved, I guess what ever works for you.

I think what the rest of us are curious about, Bill, is why do you care so much?

How do you link to an individual post?
I answered on this page:
http://www.illuminati-r-us.com/Forums/v ... &start=255
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:47 pm

Bill, you are of course free to spend your time how you like, but I'm really getting concerned that your fascination with Britney Spears goes beyond just normal fandom, and is becoming obsessive and stalker-like. Are you OK there? Anything we can do to help you get over it?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby SciFi Chick » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:14 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:You are not making any sense. If it is the money then I would target people who had more. But there are people who have more and I leave them alone probably because they deserve it.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but your use of the word target tends to make me think KOS is on to something.

I mean, there are celebrities I hate. I would imagine everyone has some celebrity that rubs them the wrong way, but I don't feel it necessary to convince others to agree with me.

Maybe you should try thinking about a celebrity you like. Cheer yourself up a little. :)
SciFi Chick
Disinformation Agent
Disinformation Agent

Postby Lance » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:21 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Lance wrote:I think what the rest of us are curious about, Bill, is why do you care so much?

I answered on this page:

Okay, so you disapprove of people obsessing over her because she doesn't deserve to be obsessed over. Fine. Then why are you obsessing over her? You're the only one here who is.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby hippietrekx » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:50 am

Lance wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:
Lance wrote:I think what the rest of us are curious about, Bill, is why do you care so much?

I answered on this page:

Okay, so you disapprove of people obsessing over her because she doesn't deserve to be obsessed over. Fine. Then why are you obsessing over her? You're the only one here who is.

Sounds about right, Lance. See, I just think that if she wants to get tattoos and go Shenade on us, that's her business. I'm really just disgusted by the media poking their noses into the private lives of celebrities. If they want us to know something, they'll tell us.

Not that I'm saying this wasn't a publicity stunt on her part. Maybe it was. I don't know, but if it was, then she seems to have succeeded.

And Bill, if you think she's a loser an fuss so much, then maybe you're playing into her stunt and making her a winner.

--hippie
hippietrekx
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:27 am

hippietrekx wrote:Sounds about right, Lance. See, I just think that if she wants to get tattoos and go Shenade on us, that's her business. I'm really just disgusted by the media poking their noses into the private lives of celebrities. If they want us to know something, they'll tell us.

My understanding is that the goofy Arquette guy (can't think of his first name) has turned the tables and now attempts to photograph the tabloid photographers. Apparently, they really hate it. . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 pm

It is the packaging. It is the product. It is the image. It is an act. These are the things that Britney Spears handlers tell her when they put together a stage performance. The dancing and stage presence is part of the performance. So, yes, of course they prerecord her vocals. She has admitted this. There is no way she could do those extensive dance routines and sing perfectly on key at the same time. Noone could.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wccEHWCPcuY

The problem is this. Rock in Rio is not just any typical teen audience. The Brazilians were not keen to this lip syncing. Too bad the audio of her ranting off stage after she was booed off is not easy to find anymore.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Lance wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:

I answered on this page:

She exemplifies a larger problem in society where quality and substance is ignored for image and superficiality.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:27 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:She exemplifies a larger problem in society where quality and substance is ignored for image and superficiality.

Okay, then why are you giving her so much attention? Isn't that what you're against?

ETA:
Okay, I've never seen her perform before but I just watched that YouTube video you posted the link to. Wow, what a beautiful and talented young lady. What's your gripe?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Мастер » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:07 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:She exemplifies a larger problem in society where quality and substance is ignored for image and superficiality.

Why don't you give us some examples of quality and substance?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:29 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:

:glp-rotflmao:

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:20 pm

Lance wrote:

Okay, then why are you giving her so much attention? Isn't that what you're against?

Huh? If I was giving Osama bin Laden attention would that mean I am giving him what he craves?

Evil demands addressing. It is not good to ignore evil. That is even worse, it makes evil grow.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:22 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:

A singer with some sort of range like Linda Rhonstadt or Christina Agleria or someone who can belt out a song like Aretha Frankland or one with some style like Tina Turner. (excuse the misspellings)
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:24 pm

Lance wrote: Wow, what a beautiful and talented young lady. What's your gripe?

So if she did her performance in a fat suit, would you have the same opinion? The gripe is that she is not singing when she was on stage. I have heard from people who were there. She faked it. What is more is that she admitted it and said she could not have done the dance moves if she were singing live.

You cannot find the footage of when the Brazilians got fed up and booed her off stange.

Here are better shots of her singing with her mouth shut. Nice trick.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmqjMqrsYRU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEbCyQZGVeM (caught not singing several times) Where does that "singing" come from if not from her mouth?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:49 am

I recently downloaded a clip of Johnny Horton singing The Battle of New Orleans on The Ed Sullivan Show on June 7, 1959 and even he was obviously lip-sinking.

Who the hell cares?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:16 am

Lance wrote:I recently downloaded a clip of Johnny Horton singing The Battle of New Orleans on The Ed Sullivan Show on June 7, 1959 and even he was obviously lip-sinking.

Who the hell cares?

Noone pays to be in a TV audience. A concert is different. If people did not get a live performance they got ripped off.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:44 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:Noone pays to be in a TV audience. A concert is different. If people did not get a live performance they got ripped off.

OK, I get it now. So, how much did you pay for your ticket?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:55 am

I used to watch AMerican Bandstand - with host Dick Clark - when I was a kid. Mostly they played records and danced, but often there was a live guest in the studio. The guest would lip sync to the record. SInce the performance sounded exactly like the record, and there were no backup singers or band in the studiio, it was not meant to be a mystery. Simply an appearance by the star. of course they lip sync.

One time, they had Jimmy Dean on to sing his latest hit - pretty sure it was Big Bad John. They chatted a moment and then Jimmy smiled and started snapping his fingers. Unfortunately the music that came out was something else, like a Sam Cooke record. JD all but fell over laughing, and Clark apologized profusely. They tried again and got it right, but I never forgot that.

In show biz you can make a case for both sides here. The people bought tickets to a show. Not everyone prefers out of breath panting during the song and dance numbers in the interest of purity.

By the way, DOlly PArton's hair... it is not real, it is a wig.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

PreviousNext

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)