Split: Last American Titanic Survivor Dies

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Re: Last American Titanic Survivor Dies

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon May 08, 2006 10:22 pm

In this thread, Superluminal wrote:She was the last one with any memory of the sinking. Only two survivors are left.

http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/20 ... shtml?s=us

Pshaw. Finally!! I mean, I hated that movie!

I am kidding
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon May 08, 2006 10:23 pm

Dragon Star wrote:Thats sad... :(

yes, it is sad when someone 99 years old passes away. I wonder what the cause of death was.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Mon May 08, 2006 10:35 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:Thats sad... :(

yes, it is sad when someone 99 years old passes away. I wonder what the cause of death was.

Your a flaming asshole, go die somewhere and spare the world of your ignorant stupidity.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon May 08, 2006 11:57 pm

I and my fellow Ice Bergs have been waiting for this glorious day! Now there are only two left in the UK to wait for!
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Tue May 09, 2006 12:10 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:I and my fellow Ice Bergs have been waiting for this glorious day! Now there are only two left in the UK to wait for!

:glp-dumbass:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 12:37 am

Dragon Star wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:I and my fellow Ice Bergs have been waiting for this glorious day! Now there are only two left in the UK to wait for!

Why is it that you care at all about someone dying who is 99 and a total stranger to boot?

I think you must have been moved by the movie.

Who is the real dumbass?

Besides, the Ice Berg victory parties are pretty wild. Don't knock it until you attend one.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Tue May 09, 2006 12:39 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:

Why is it that you care at all about someone dying who is 99 and a total stranger to boot?

Who is the real dumbass?

Besides, the Ice Berg victory parties are pretty wild. Don't knock it until you attend one.

Why can't you just show some respect you heartless bastard? Even if you don't care why promote it around to everyone!
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 12:46 am

Dragon Star wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:

Who is the real dumbass?

Why can't you just show some respect you heartless bastard? Even if you don't care why promote it around to everyone!

Because it is too funny that people are crying over something like this. Someone that old dying?! We should all be so lucky to live that long!! Give me a break!! What is wrong with you people crying over someone dying who was 99 years old?!

I am sure her family and friends were happy for her to have such a long life. And here, total strangers are crying about it!? How nutty is that?! How can anyone in their right might resist making fun of that?!

And how goofy do you have to be to get pissed at me for doing so?

I will say it again. I think you must have been moved by the movie.

Who is the real dumbass?

Additional edit:

I have to add this point. How is it that you are defining her by what happened to her when she was freaking five years old. That has got to be the nuttiest thing about all this! How would you like it if you lived to be 99 and when you die people only remember you by what had happened to you when you were only five years old. What a dumbass!!
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Gullible Jones » Tue May 09, 2006 12:52 am

Dragon Star wrote:Why can't you just show some respect you heartless bastard? Even if you don't care why promote it around to everyone!

Because he's a clueless troll.
And so I watch two new suns spin; our paper man doesn't call - burnt shadow printed on the road, now there's nothing there at all.
Gullible Jones
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 am

Gullible Jones wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:Why can't you just show some respect you heartless bastard? Even if you don't care why promote it around to everyone!

Because he's a clueless troll.

Humm.

I am clueless mostly about your remarks and where they are coming from.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Swamp Pixie » Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:I have to add this point. How is it that you are defining her by what happened to her when she was freaking five years old. That has got to be the nuttiest thing about all this! How would you like it if you lived to be 99 and when you die people only remember you by what had happened to you when you were only five years old. What a dumbass!!

Because you twit... people are defined by the moments in their lives. Dying at the age of 99 isn't much of an accomplishment where I live, but then again, no one I know survived the Titanic. It's the IDEA that she survived, not how old she was.

Hell, for that matter... I took care of someone who survived the Lusitania... she was on her honeymoon cruise... You DO know the Lusitania, right?
I laugh in the face of death...maybe not laugh more like a snicker...a quiet snicker, and I wouldn't do it directly in death's face so, it's more like a quiet snicker behind death's back.
Swamp Pixie
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 12:58 am

Swamp Pixie wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:I have to add this point. How is it that you are defining her by what happened to her when she was freaking five years old. That has got to be the nuttiest thing about all this! How would you like it if you lived to be 99 and when you die people only remember you by what had happened to you when you were only five years old. What a dumbass!!

Because you twit... people are defined by the moments in their lives. Dying at the age of 99 isn't much of an accomplishment where I live, but then again, no one I know survived the Titanic. It's the IDEA that she survived, not how old she was.

Hell, for that matter... I took care of someone who survived the Lusitania... she was on her honeymoon cruise... You DO know the Lusitania, right?

That doesn't make any sense.

She wasn't a player in the event. When you are 5 years old you are just someone that someone grabs and puts into a live boat or whereever. Our memories of what happens to us at that age are vague and fuzzy and NO they do NOT define who we are or set our lifes course.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Gullible Jones » Tue May 09, 2006 1:03 am

Talk about "straw man"... And what makes you think that she's mourning the death of a Titanic survivor more than the death of anyone else?
And so I watch two new suns spin; our paper man doesn't call - burnt shadow printed on the road, now there's nothing there at all.
Gullible Jones
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Swamp Pixie » Tue May 09, 2006 1:10 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:She wasn't a player in the event. When you are 5 years old you are just someone that someone grabs and puts into a live boat or whereever. Our memories of what happens to us at that age are vague and fuzzy and NO they do NOT define who we are or set our lifes course.

So, correct me if I'm wrong... but according to you, in order to have ANY value in the scheme of things.... you have to be a "major player" in the events of the world?? So... where does that leave you?
I laugh in the face of death...maybe not laugh more like a snicker...a quiet snicker, and I wouldn't do it directly in death's face so, it's more like a quiet snicker behind death's back.
Swamp Pixie
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Lonewulf » Tue May 09, 2006 1:12 am

I really really shouldn't get involved in this discussion at all, for several reasons.

But... I'm not the wisest of people. So here goes.

To be honest, I do not have any special empathy or care for the person that died in this case. She lived a full life, she was lucky to survive, and I'm sorry that she's dead (even if she was age 99, I don't like death in general). However, the experience of being on the Titanic has not impressed me in any special way. So what did I do when I saw this thread?

I didn't touch it. What the hell would it have mattered?

But Thompson, you went out of your way to try to piss people off. What I find amusing is how you really do assume that you are an "innocent" person, and that you are always justified. You are truly an asshole and a troll. You serve no purpose except to piss people off, and make them be glad that they are not you.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Tue May 09, 2006 1:26 am

Only Thompson could fuck up a RIP thread.... [-(
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Superluminal » Tue May 09, 2006 1:29 am

I doubt anyone here is really bereved about her death. The sad thing about it, to the people who didn't know her, is that it is a connection to the past that we all are losing. Like when the last WWI veteran dies or the last WWII vet dies. It's a connection to the past that can't be replaced.

I guess BT either doesn't understand, or doesn't want to. :?
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Tue May 09, 2006 1:42 am

Superluminal wrote:I doubt anyone here is really bereved about her death. The sad thing about it, to the people who didn't know her, is that it is a connection to the past that we all are losing. Like when the last WWI veteran dies or the last WWII vet dies. It's a connection to the past that can't be replaced.

That's why we need to develop the technology to download our brains onto supercomputers!

Preserve the knowledge!
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Tue May 09, 2006 1:47 am

Let's begin experimenting, I volunteer, Bill Thompson.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 1:57 am

Here is a test to prove my point.

Without going back and looking it up or googling, can anyone honestly tell me this woman's full name?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Tue May 09, 2006 2:00 am

======
======

Temporarily locked for splitting and moving.

Please stand by.

Okay, carry on...
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 2:12 am

Superluminal wrote:I doubt anyone here is really bereved about her death. The sad thing about it, to the people who didn't know her, is that it is a connection to the past that we all are losing. Like when the last WWI veteran dies or the last WWII vet dies. It's a connection to the past that can't be replaced.

I guess BT either doesn't understand, or doesn't want to. :?

But at the same time the people that seem to be crying about her passing must also be the same sort of people who hounded this poor woman all her life when all she probably ever wanted was to be left alone and have a normal life.

So I do not have any feeling or connection to the people crying about her passing now.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Superluminal » Tue May 09, 2006 2:13 am

That's not the point Bill, the reason for the OP was to inform people of another connection to the past that has been lost.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue May 09, 2006 2:14 am

All she wanted was to be left alone and have a normal life. I do not think it is fitting that strangers morn her passing.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Swamp Pixie » Tue May 09, 2006 2:17 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:But at the same time the people that seem to be crying about her passing must also be the same sort of people who hounded this poor woman all her life when all she probably ever wanted was to be left alone and have a normal life.

So I do not have any feeling or connection to the people crying about her passing now.

OK, one more time... It's not the woman herself... it's what she represented, as the survivor of one of the worst maritime disasters... Do ya get it now?? Hello!!!!! Anyone in there?? in there in there

Gods... the worst thing ever to happen was teaching those damned monkeys to type...
Swamp Pixie
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Next

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)