Split from: Brazilian Example Will Save the world

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby Lonewulf » Wed May 03, 2006 10:54 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:And let's not forget, the only crackers in Brazil are the ones you buy at the corner grocery store.

So, Brazil is racist, and keeps out people based on skin color.

Thanks for letting me know.
Writing.com Account

When God gives you lemons, you FIND A NEW GOD

Gazing into the Eye of the Universe
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby MM_Dandy » Wed May 03, 2006 10:59 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:And let's not forget, the only crackers in Brazil are the ones you buy at the corner grocery store.

Bill_Thompson, what other kinds of crackers are you talking about?

I will remind you that you are on thin ice regarding the racial provocation issue already. So why push the issue? If it's a joke, you may have noticed that you are the only one who is finding it funny anymore. And seriously, why risk getting banned for a laugh, especially when no one else is laughing?

I really do hope you have a more legitimate reason for doing this than for kicks. Under certain circumstances, it might have been considered funny, if not in poor taste. It is becoming more clear to me that these remarks were posted solely to evoke emotionally charged responses. Doing so alone is immoral. To do this and then hide behind "oh, it's only a joke" is deplorable, to do this using racial slurs is heinous.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 04, 2006 6:43 pm

MM_Dandy wrote:Bill_Thompson, what other kinds of crackers are you talking about?

I will remind you that you are on thin ice regarding the racial provocation issue already. So why push the issue? If it's a joke, you may have noticed that you are the only one who is finding it funny anymore. And seriously, why risk getting banned for a laugh, especially when no one else is laughing?

I really do hope you have a more legitimate reason for doing this than for kicks. Under certain circumstances, it might have been considered funny, if not in poor taste. It is becoming more clear to me that these remarks were posted solely to evoke emotionally charged responses. Doing so alone is immoral. To do this and then hide behind "oh, it's only a joke" is deplorable, to do this using racial slurs is heinous.

I wonder how he'll answer! Or will he keep avoiding the issue, and sending me racist PMs?

I'll wait and see! (And bump this thread, because I feel this is an important issue)
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu May 04, 2006 10:27 pm

Lonewulf wrote:

So, Brazil is racist, and keeps out people based on skin color.

Thanks for letting me know.

What are you talking about?! That came out of left field. Or rather, Far Right field!

Brazil is probably the least (as you say) "racist" place on Earth.

I have to say I think you people are touchy and a little off your rockers. How do YOU define that word?
Last edited by Bill_Thompson on Thu May 04, 2006 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:31 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:What are you talking about?! That came out of left field. Or rather, Far Right field!

Okay. So they're the least "racist" place on Earth.

But they don't let "crackers" in.

"Cracker" is racist slang for "white".

So they don't let white people in 'cause they're white, and they're not racist.

Uh huh. Yeah, your statements make a lot of sense.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu May 04, 2006 10:32 pm

Lonewulf wrote:
Bill_Thompson wrote:What are you talking about?! That came out of left field. Or rather, Far Right field!

There is no such thing as white people, dummy.

And I never said that they forbid anyone from entering in the country.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:36 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Lonewulf wrote:

There is no such thing as white people, dummy.

And I never said that they forbid anyone from entering in the country.

Have you met you alter-ego, Lance? He's dumb, white, and stupid.
I follow those who I will someday lead. - Candy
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:36 pm

There are people with white skin. They are AKA "Caucasian". If you refuse that this is true, then you are truly demented and delusional.

When a man says "cracker", it is an insulting reference to a man with this skin. Your attempts at using false logic and redifining words will not work; "cracker" means what it means, and no matter how you try to make it mean something else, it won't.

And you said that no "crackers" are found in Brazil. So I can only assume that means that they don't allow "crackers" into their country.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Candy wrote:Have you met you alter-ego, Lance? He's dumb, white, and stupid.

(Emphasis mine)

So you're racist, too?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:39 pm

Lonewulf wrote:
Candy wrote:Have you met you alter-ego, Lance? He's dumb, white, and stupid.

(Emphasis mine)

So you're racist, too?

If it fits the thread...
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:43 pm

Candy wrote:If it fits the thread...

So you're either racist, or weak-willed enough to be willing to "play along" and act racist just to fit in.

Okay. Next time I go into a thread with racism in it, I'll ask if there's any "stupid black people" in it. That should provoke a good responce, I think. Don't you?
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Candy » Thu May 04, 2006 10:46 pm

Lonewulf wrote:
Candy wrote:If it fits the thread...

So you're either racist, or weak-willed enough to be willing to "play along" and act racist just to fit in.

Okay. Next time I go into a thread with racism in it, I'll ask if there's any "stupid black people" in it. That should provoke a good responce, I think. Don't you?

Okay. I'm a racist. Oh, I'm black, indian, and a lot of scot. :lol:
Candy
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Thu May 04, 2006 10:49 pm

You and Thompson would go nicely together, then.
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby N C More » Thu May 04, 2006 10:52 pm

Mr. Thompson says all of this nonsense to simply push your buttons...none of this is *real*.

The spiritual light, shining independently,
transcends the senses and objects;
the essence is revealed, real and eternal,
not confined to written words.

The nature of mind has no stain;
it is basically complete in itself.
Just detach from false mental objects
and be enlightened to being-as-is.
Baizhang, Zen poet

Take a deep breath...it's all an illusion.
N C More
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu May 04, 2006 11:28 pm

Lonewulf wrote:There are people with white skin. They are AKA "Caucasian". If you refuse that this is true, then you are truly demented and delusional.

When a man says "cracker", it is an insulting reference to a man with this skin. Your attempts at using false logic and redifining words will not work; "cracker" means what it means, and no matter how you try to make it mean something else, it won't.

And you said that no "crackers" are found in Brazil. So I can only assume that means that they don't allow "crackers" into their country.

The term "cracker" comes from an old southern expression to "crack" as in to talk without saying anything.

No, I never said that Brazilians forbid people from entering their country. You seem to be looking for something to get your panties in a bunch.

And, no, there is no such thing as white people. The term "caucasian" is pase. We all sprouted from Africa. Check the science and the facts.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri May 05, 2006 12:11 am

Lonewulf, Candy, I'll have to ask you both to please refrain from further aggravating the situation.

Bill_Thompson, I'm disappointed. I was hoping that you could explain yourself, and perhaps show me that you were really just trying to be humorous in some way that has been terribly misunderstood, or that somehow you really are justified in using those terms.

Instead, you defend your comments by saying that we are over-reacting. I'm not sure why you think this. As of yet, you have only been warned (albeit strongly) against your actions. What's more, I doubt you will find many (if any) regulated forums that would have let you post your train of actual and implied racially charged comments and not ban you for some amount of time.

[N C More], I don't agree that this is an issue to ignore. As far as I'm concerned, Bill_Thompson can push all the buttons he wants, he just shouldn't use racial slurs to do so.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri May 05, 2006 12:16 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:The term "cracker" comes from an old southern expression to "crack" as in to talk without saying anything.

No, I never said that Brazilians forbid people from entering their country. You seem to be looking for something to get your panties in a bunch.

And, no, there is no such thing as white people. The term "caucasian" is pase. We all sprouted from Africa. Check the science and the facts.

There, that's better. It's not acceptable yet, but it's better.

So, what other kinds of crackers (besides the edible ones) were you referring to when you said:
?

Oh, and the origin of the term "cracker," while interesting, doesn't change how it is used today. And that's the important thing. It's still a racial slur in the context in which you have framed it.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Мастер » Fri May 05, 2006 12:36 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:The term "cracker" comes from an old southern expression to "crack" as in to talk without saying anything.

There are an awful lot of crackers on the internet.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby N C More » Fri May 05, 2006 11:35 am

MM_Dandy wrote:[N C More], I don't agree that this is an issue to ignore. As far as I'm concerned, Bill_Thompson can push all the buttons he wants, he just shouldn't use racial slurs to do so.

I would never be so presumptive as to tell the moderator of a forum how they should handle a situation. Actually, I agree that racism and sexism are unconscionable behaviors. Mr. Thompson has exhibited both.

My point was that Mr. Thompson seems to be saying all of this nonsense solely to manipulate the emotions of others. I suggested simply not buying into this type of emotional manipulation...that's all.
N C More
Armchair Skeptic
Armchair Skeptic

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 am

N C More wrote:
MM_Dandy wrote:[N C More], I don't agree that this is an issue to ignore. As far as I'm concerned, Bill_Thompson can push all the buttons he wants, he just shouldn't use racial slurs to do so.

I would never be so presumptive as to tell the moderator of a forum how they should handle a situation. Actually, I agree that racism and sexism are unconscionable behaviors. Mr. Thompson has exhibited both.

You know something, illiterate, I am not racist or sexist. Too bad people have read your post before deciding for themself.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Fri May 12, 2006 3:47 am

And you've even insulted NC More. Tsk.

*Adds her name to the List*
Writing.com Account

Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master