Bill Thompson's stance on Corpus Christi

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby Lance » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:24 pm

No apology necessary. It happens, and is easily fixed.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Lance » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:07 pm

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Lance wrote:
Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:Seriously.

I can verify that KOS was in Singapore yesterday, and that the above post was made from China.

Well, sure, but let's see if you can tell where I'll post from tomorrow :)

Easy! Tomorrow you'll be posting from [strike]<place holder>[/strike] China again, since you'll still be there.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Мастер » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:12 pm

Lance wrote:Easy! Tomorrow you'll be posting from [strike]<place holder>[/strike] China again, since you'll still be there.

To paraphrase Radar O'Reilly, We don't have the same tomorrow, sir.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lance » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:18 pm

So you mean it's still today there? But I posted yesterday, so today is tomorrow, but it might not be until tonight before it's tomorrow for you.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dragon Star » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:37 pm

God just killed a kitten when you posted that.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Lance » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:18 pm

I gave up helping God kill kittens years ago.

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:35 am

Lance wrote:I gave up helping God kill kittens years ago.

I thought he moved onto baby seals?
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:00 am

Nope, that was just a fling...
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:43 am

DELICIOUS Baby Seals - the Veal of the Sea.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Мастер » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:46 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:I mean, we all have to die sometime. This would be a good chance for people to die for the common good.

A good leader leads by example.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Lonewulf » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:42 pm

Enzo wrote:DELICIOUS Baby Seals - the Veal of the Sea.

Along with Chicken of the Sea brand tuna, Tuna of the Dirt brand Chicken, bananas of the desert brand turkey, etc.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:09 pm

We have put Corups Christi on a faux classified memo and leaked it to a variety of officials in Asia. It is listed as the least favorate city as well as the most favorate city. So regardless of the intentions of North Korea, it will be the first city taken out if they ever launch a nuclear strike.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:05 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:We have put Corups Christi on a faux classified memo and leaked it to a variety of officials in Asia. It is listed as the least favorate city as well as the most favorate city. So regardless of the intentions of North Korea, it will be the first city taken out if they ever launch a nuclear strike.

OMG thank you Bill, I had no idea! Knowing this has changed my life...

But please stand back as I am allergic to bullshit.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby I Am He » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:00 am

Hey Bill, what's the name of those pills you're popping?? They sure aren't the ones your Doctor has prescribed for you, are they??
ho·me·o·path
n.
An effect produced by the successive dilution of intelligence to non-existent levels; can cause an unqualified high school drop out to consider themselves better qualified than actual doctors. See also: whack job
I Am He
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Lonewulf » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:We have put Corups Christi on a faux classified memo and leaked it to a variety of officials in Asia. It is listed as the least favorate city as well as the most favorate city. So regardless of the intentions of North Korea, it will be the first city taken out if they ever launch a nuclear strike.

Well, at least I won't need a nightlight to piss in the dark, then.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:06 am

I was just on a late-night radio talk show to spread the word with my Nuke Corpus Christi campaign. As you might expect there was several callers that called in after I stated my proposal that thought I was crazy. This is expected from every noteworthy and great idea. As Einstein said, “great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”.

Yet, at the same time, it is important to note that there were two callers I spoke with who were excited about the idea. They agree with me. You see, in this time of war we all should be expected to make some sacrifices. Trimming the national fat by getting rid of such an undesirable city is just one sacrifice we should have to bare. In the end, we will all be better off.
If you are looking for information about William M. "Bill" Thompson, please see here: Notice to people seeking info on Members or Former Members.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lonewulf » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:33 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:I was just on a late-night radio talk show to spread the word with my Nuke Corpus Christi campaign. As you might expect there was several callers that called in after I stated my proposal that thought I was crazy. This is expected from every noteworthy and great idea. As Einstein said, “great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”.

And sometimes, minds that are far lower than mediocre encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds. Some geniuses seem like idiots, and some idiots are just plain idiots.

Yet, at the same time, it is important to note that there were two callers I spoke with who were excited about the idea. They agree with me. You see, in this time of war we all should be expected to make some sacrifices. Trimming the national fat by getting rid of such an undesirable city is just one sacrifice we should have to bare. In the end, we will all be better off.

What "time of war", anyways? As far as I knew, in Iraq, we were just maintaining an Occupation. I was unaware that there was any real war on.

Heh, Thompson, you're amusing, but you fall short of being comedic amusing.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:15 pm

Lonewulf wrote:Heh, Thompson, you're amusing, but you fall short of being comedic amusing.

Yea, he is kinda like a scab, you know you shouldn't pick at it, then you do, and it bleeds...and your like "Damn! Why did I pick at it?".

What "time of war", anyways? As far as I knew, in Iraq, we were just maintaining an Occupation. I was unaware that there was any real war on.

Well it was never a declared war as far as I know, the reason being that it takes time for declaration of war to to pass by law right?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby MM_Dandy » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Dragon Star wrote:Well it was never a declared war as far as I know, the reason being that it takes time for declaration of war to to pass by law right?

It takes an act of Congress.

No, really.

But sometimes, it doesn't take very long at all. It took less than 36 hours for the U.S. to officialy declare war on Japan following the attack on Peal Harbor.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Dragon Star » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:18 pm

MM_Dandy wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:Well it was never a declared war as far as I know, the reason being that it takes time for declaration of war to to pass by law right?

It takes an act of Congress.

No, really.

Yea, that's kinda what I was thinking. But is their no alternative approval for taking offensive action against group of people within another country?
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:21 am

That is the problem, there is nothing to declare war upon. "War on terror" is like war on poverty or war on drugs. It is a metaphoric war, it isn't a real war. It means we see a problem we want to solve.

But none of this reality has anything to do with Thompson's silly rant.

They may have laughed at Einstein, and they may have laughed at Edison, but they also laughed at Bozo the clown.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lonewulf » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:05 am

Enzo wrote:But none of this reality has anything to do with Thompson's silly rant.

Nope, it doesn't, but it's still nice to talk about nonetheless. I'm not here to suit Thompson's wishes, after all, and I really don't pay much attention to him. It really doesn't take much effort to reply to him, really.

They may have laughed at Einstein, and they may have laughed at Edison, but they also laughed at Bozo the clown.

Yes, but that would at least make Bozo the clown competent... so the comparison is an insult to Bozo and all of clowndom.

Quick question: Can anyone guesstimate the results of testing nuclear weapons at the poles? Besides the animal rights activists and the ecologists acting up, that is; they can always be "dealt with". But I'm sitting on a new cache of nuclear weapons that Santa sent me last year, and I'm eager to see what they do... and who cares about the poles?

Of course, there would probably be a major climatic shift, what with all that water vapor being choked up into the atmosphere... but it's just one hydrogen bomb, so I doubt it would be anything too major.

Of course, the ice would crack apart, but it always does that.
Lonewulf
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby umop ap!sdn » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:23 am

Lonewulf wrote:But I'm sitting on a new cache of nuclear weapons that Santa sent me last year, and I'm eager to see what they do... and who cares about the poles?

I don't have a serious answer to your question, but as a humorous aside blowing up the north pole with an xmas gift would be awful ironic. :lol:
umop ap!sdn
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Dragon Star » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:56 am

Lonewulf wrote:Quick question: Can anyone guesstimate the results of testing nuclear weapons at the poles? Besides the animal rights activists and the ecologists acting up, that is; they can always be "dealt with". But I'm sitting on a new cache of nuclear weapons that Santa sent me last year, and I'm eager to see what they do... and who cares about the poles?

Of course, there would probably be a major climatic shift, what with all that water vapor being choked up into the atmosphere... but it's just one hydrogen bomb, so I doubt it would be anything too major.

Of course, the ice would crack apart, but it always does that.

Actually LW, you just solved GW ice cap melting for a few years... If you get enough nuclear weapons to detonate in a given amount of time over the poles, it would cause a nuclear winter effectively blocking out the sun all together removing direct sunlight melting. Of course that means that the ice is radioactive, and when it melts it will destroy the ecosystem. But hey, that's a few years away right? :P
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Enzo » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:22 pm

Hitler started with the Poles. Are you sure that's where you want to go?
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

PreviousNext

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)