The "Infidels" are going to leave Iraq prematurely

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

The "Infidels" are going to leave Iraq prematurely

Postby Bill_Thompson » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:35 am

The American "INfidels" are going to leave Iraq prematurely. I just wonder if the general population know that this does not mean that the Iraqi people have won anything. Instead they have lost. Instead they are fucked. I wonder if the American Left are smart enough to know that this is not a victory for them. Probably not. They are idiots too.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:40 am

For the record, I'm no "leftist" pinko or "right-wing" wacko Bill_Thompson. :wink: Anyway..

The Iraqis are screwing themselves (without any help from the 'American Left' BTW) and the current US admin made it easy for 'em. Sad as it is to say (since Saddam was a real bastard) we got rid of a police state that kept things in check and have total anarchy now. Why no one in Washington saw this possibility prior to the invasion is mind-boggling, especially with the violent breakup of Yugoslavia not that many years prior. Didn't anyone in the Administration see the need to plan beyond the initial military phase, which was successfully prosecuted in weeks? Why, 3 1/2 yrs later is the Iraqi infrastructure (including military, police, and the bickering government) still in such disarray? Despite official denials there is a civil war going on between the Sunni-Shia and the best thing to do is let 'em slug it out IMO.. hell, they're doing it anyway.

If I was Prez and started today (pretend they fired Bush Jr. :D ) the first thing I'd do is determine if it's even possible for there to be a unified Iraqi government and military. If so, I'd have us stick around long enough to have the Iraqis capable of standing on their own two feet and, this is important - actually fucking do it for a change - and then I'd have us get the hell out. If however, as I believe, the current climate is not conducive to an Iraqi government of national unity, I'd have us getting out starting now.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:23 am

Bandit wrote:Didn't anyone in the Administration see the need to plan beyond the initial military phase, which was successfully prosecuted in weeks?

Oh, I'm sure some of them did.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:37 am

Khrushchev's Other Shoe wrote:
Bandit wrote:Didn't anyone in the Administration see the need to plan beyond the initial military phase, which was successfully prosecuted in weeks?

Oh, I'm sure some of them did.
Maybe, but not the right people obviously. That's not a very efficient way to run a government, let alone prosecute a war.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:17 am

Bandit wrote:Maybe, but not the right people obviously.

Well, not the ones who ended up making the decisions, at least.

Bandit wrote:That's not a very efficient way to run a government, let alone prosecute a war.

Whether it is efficient or not depends on how one measures output :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:31 am

True efficiency isn't subjective. :wink:
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:32 am

Bandit wrote:True efficiency isn't subjective. :wink:

Do explain.
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:50 am

True efficiency speaks for itself. It's apparent despite one's preconceptions or biases regarding whatever the hell is being efficient in first place. :P
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:01 am

Bandit wrote:True efficiency speaks for itself. It's apparent despite one's preconceptions or biases regarding whatever the hell is being efficient in first place. :P

So it must say the same thing to all people? Methinks there are probably not too many examples of true efficiency then :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:05 am

Bandit wrote:True efficiency speaks for itself. It's apparent despite one's preconceptions or biases regarding whatever the hell is being efficient in first place. :P

I really want an example, because every single person on earth is biased in one manner or another...just by simply existing and being aware of ones self existence.
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:14 am

Dragon Star wrote:

I really want an example, because every single person on earth is biased in one manner or another...just by simply existing and being aware of ones self existence.
It's everywhere. Do Swiss/German trains not operate with an efficiency that's irrefutable?
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bandit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:17 am

So it must say the same thing to all people? Methinks there are probably not too many examples of true efficiency then :P
True efficiency doesn't have to "say" anything .. it's self-apparent.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Dragon Star » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:20 am

Bandit wrote:
Dragon Star wrote:

It's everywhere. Do Swiss/German trains not operate with an efficiency that's irrefutable?

Ah, I see what you are saying now. I was thinking along the lines of individualistic ideas...

Thanks for the example. :)
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Postby Мастер » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:38 am

Bandit wrote:True efficiency doesn't have to "say" anything .. it's self-apparent.

To everyone? Then repeat comment. . .

Bandit wrote:Do Swiss/German trains not operate with an efficiency that's irrefutable?

They're quite expensive. . .
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Heid the Ba » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:51 am

Bandit wrote:Do Swiss/German trains not operate with an efficiency that's irrefutable?

They're quite expensive. . .

. . . and are always on time by being relatively slow, thus building in the ability to catch up.
Heid the Ba
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Tree hugging, veggie, sandal wearing, pinko Euroweasel
Mr. Sexy Ass

Postby Bill_Thompson » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 am

A muslim co-worker has said the USA went into Iraq without considering the culture and history. I think he is correct.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bandit » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:54 am

It ain't the history or culture of Iraq that's the problem, it's the bozos that prosecuted the war without thinking it through that's the problem.
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:00 am

Bandit wrote:It ain't the history or culture of Iraq that's the problem, it's the bozos that prosecuted the war without thinking it through that's the problem.

Which is what I just said.

Bandit wrote:For the record, I'm no "leftist" pinko or "right-wing" wacko Bill_Thompson. :wink: Anyway..

No, but you like to name-call.

Or am I getting that wrong?

Are you calling me a wacko? That hurts my feelings. :(
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby I Am He » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:17 am

Did you just call Wacko Bill a Wacko?? That's not a very polite thing to do you know. Now you have him all upset. :lol:
ho·me·o·path
n.
An effect produced by the successive dilution of intelligence to non-existent levels; can cause an unqualified high school drop out to consider themselves better qualified than actual doctors. See also: whack job
I Am He
Paid Debunker
Paid Debunker

Postby Bandit » Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:53 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:
Bandit wrote:It ain't the history or culture of Iraq that's the problem, it's the bozos that prosecuted the war without thinking it through that's the problem.

Which is what I just said.
That's not what I read. The Iraqi culture and history isn't the problem.
Bandit wrote:For the record, I'm no "leftist" pinko or "right-wing" wacko Bill_Thompson. :wink: Anyway..

No, but you like to name-call.

Or am I getting that wrong?

Are you calling me a wacko? That hurts my feelings. :(
You need to lighten up Bill, I was joking. Know what 'tongue-in-cheek' means?
I don't really think Enzo is a "pinko" either..
Bandit
Government Shill
Government Shill

Postby Dragon Star » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:27 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:Are you calling me a wacko? That hurts my feelings. :(

Bill, I found this just for you.

When you're down and low...

:mrgreen:
Dragon Star
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)