Bill Thompson vs. Ted Kennedy

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

Postby Arneb » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:23 pm

If I am there, I try to help the injured.
Non sunt multiplicanda entia praeter necessitatem
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:37 am

Lance, isn't Chicago one of the places that uses accident screens? Along the freeway if a big wreck occurs they can erect these vision blocking screens quickly so passing motorists are less likely to come to a stop in the middle of the road to gawk.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:04 am

What good did he do?

Someone said the deregulation of the airline industry. But he did not start that and it would have passed without him.

Someone said something about food labels but that was the job of the FDA and it would have happened without him.

I think the argument that he was good because Bush was bad or something makes no sense. Kennedy (this one) was never president and people do not get honorable funerals just because of politics. In this case it is because people are ill-formed and delusional.

You are not supposed to speak ill will of the dead but you have to draw a line between people who deserve respect (like my father-in-law) and those who do not. You have to present a measure of someone for the next generation. Otherwise, there is no point (otherwise) to life.

You have to set examples.

Now, I know that last line is an easy target for the dolts. But try once thinking instead of attacking. Do not defend Kennedy. He does not deserve it.

No, it is NOT about politics. Nixon did not get a state funerial. And Regan did not get one just because he was a Republican.

If people showed up to Edward Kennedy's funerial because he is a symbol of liberalism and that means more to them than the fact that he is guilty of manslaughter, then I think these people need to wake up.
Last edited by Bill_Thompson on Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:07 am

Arneb wrote:No, no gain for me either. A thug gratuitously insulting everyone who disagrees with him and gellfully denigrating the memory of deceased people. Where is the intellectual or even the entertainment value of this cheap Fred Phelps copy? I see none.

I have covered this twice. Now I address this a third time. I personally have known many good people who have packed the churches for memorial services. They deserve respect. To hand out this sort of respect evenly to all people is to show disrespect to those who deserve it.

Got it? Or do I have to repeat myself again?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Bill_Thompson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 am

Arneb wrote:bla bla bla Fred Phelps copy bla bla

So when OJ was on trial for murder, you could understand sports enthusiasts supporting him on the basis of his image and you would call those demanding justice for Nicole to be like Fred PHelps?
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Enzo » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 am

He's talking about you, Bill. Geez what a moron.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am

Enzo wrote:Lance, isn't Chicago one of the places that uses accident screens? Along the freeway if a big wreck occurs they can erect these vision blocking screens quickly so passing motorists are less likely to come to a stop in the middle of the road to gawk.

Not that I'm aware of. That sounds like a good idea.
No trees were killed in the posting of this message.
However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

==========================================

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a few hours.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Arneb » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote:I have covered this twice. Now I address this a third time. I personally have known many good people who have packed the churches for memorial services. They deserve respect. To hand out this sort of respect evenly to all people is to show disrespect to those who deserve it.

Got it? Or do I have to repeat myself again?

No need. You blathered nonsense the first and the second time, and repetition won't change that. As to Fred Phelps, what Enzo said.
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

Postby Superluminal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Bill_Thompson wrote: Nixon did not get a state funerial. And Regan did not get one just because he was a Republican.

I don't remember Nixon's funeral, but Reagan laid in state in the capitol rotunda. So what exactly constitutes a "state funeral"?
I'm not a scientist, but I play one on the internet.
http://www.rrac.org
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:16 pm

Lance
Administrator
Administrator
Cheeseburger Swilling Lard-Ass who needs to put down the remote and get off the couch.

Postby Superluminal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks Llance, as Sgt. Dougherty said when thanking Pres. Obama for the beer, That was mighty white of you. :?
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:03 pm

Superluminal wrote:Thanks Llance, as Sgt. Dougherty said when thanking Pres. Obama for the beer, That was mighty white of you. :?

:shock:

The whole black/white terminology in the US is kind of weird anyway. If I have my facts straight, Obama had a white mother and a black father from Kenya. So that's 50% white and 50% black, isn't it?
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:35 am

In some places - yes, here in the USA - it used to be spelled out how much black you had to have in you to be non-white. Seems to me even 1/8 black made you black.

It mattered then because of the Jim Crow laws. Where you could shop, where you were required to sit on a bus.

Don;t recall who it was, but I remember listening to some speakre relate as to how he and his family always thought of themselves as white, but when they had to move to Indiana - I think - the father told the kids, "OK, now in our new home, we will be considered black people." This to the surprise of the kids, who were apparently ignorant of their dark past.

Sems to me they also sometimes erect vision blocking screens when doing repair or construction work along the highway - where, I don;t know apparently.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Lance » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:36 am

Superluminal wrote:Thanks Llance, as Sgt. Dougherty said when thanking Pres. Obama for the beer, That was mighty white of you. :?

Um, huh?

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Superluminal » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

I remember the story of a blue eyed blond girl in Louisiana, who was shocked when her drivers license listed her race as black. Seemed like she was 1/16th black. But in Louisiana that was enough.

Some time growing up it seemed, just being a moderatly good friend with a black was enough for peope to think you were black.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:11 pm

Superluminal wrote:I remember the story of a blue eyed blond girl in Louisiana, who was shocked when her drivers license listed her race as black. Seemed like she was 1/16th black. But in Louisiana that was enough.

I guess this begs the question of how the motor vehicle department was more familiar with her racial heritage than she was :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby MM_Dandy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:23 pm

On more than one occasion, I have been asked by complete strangers how my folks are doing, once they learn my name. Then the next time I would talk my parents, they would already know of my encounter with the complete stranger. It's possible she had a similar encounter, and the DMV changed her racial designation without her knowledge or consent. Perhaps unlikely, but still possible.
MM_Dandy
King of Obscurity

Postby Superluminal » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Mactep wrote:
Superluminal wrote:I remember the story of a blue eyed blond girl in Louisiana, who was shocked when her drivers license listed her race as black. Seemed like she was 1/16th black. But in Louisiana that was enough.

I guess this begs the question of how the motor vehicle department was more familiar with her racial heritage than she was :P

She probablly knew her heritage, and it may have been a small town where everyone knew every thing about everyone. Since she looked white she assumed she should put white on all paperwork that asked about race. Someone at DMV knew her great grandma was black and changed the race part for her.
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:10 pm

Superluminal wrote:She probablly knew her heritage, and it may have been a small town where everyone knew every thing about everyone.

Yea, I guess I can see that. I've only done this sort of thing in places that have big signs that read "Now serving # 2951" :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Enzo » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:21 am

But in South Dakota, there are only four black people to start with, so someone there would know who was who. I undertand North Dakota is going to get a black person soon too. Not sure the percentages.

Maybe someone noticed she danced exceptionally well.
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby Superluminal » Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Enzo wrote:Maybe someone noticed she danced exceptionally well.

Let's analyze that quote: Does Enzo hate black people because he thinks they dance better than whites, or does he hate whites because they don't dance as well as blacks? Or maybe he's had nightmares where he's slow dancing with BT? :P

Dang I could have been a [strike]phsyco[/strike] phsyciotrist. Imagine how much I could charge for such brilliant diagnosis. :roll:
Superluminal
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Мастер » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:12 pm

Superluminal wrote:Imagine how much I could charge for such brilliant diagnosis. :roll:

You can charge, but can you collect? :P
They call me Mr Celsius!
Мастер
Злой Мудак
Mauerspecht

Postby Bill_Thompson » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:47 pm

Ann Coulter was not wrong when she said that liberalism is like a religion. GO live in a mostly liberal city and read their bumberstickers if you doubt it. She is right.

So with this in mind, I think the people that went to grieve at Kennedy's funeral were like the Fred Phelps of society. They are misdirected delusional people without a grip on reality paying respects to a killer just because of their faith in their religion.

Do you guys think for yourselves or do you just follow the herd? When we moved to the area where we live now there was a local news story about some guy polishing off a six pack and decided to get all his firearms together and clean them. He told is 5 year old son to help him gather up the weapons. Needless to say, it did not end well. I guess if the guy was a Kennedy we would forgive him and show him respect after he passed away.
Bill_Thompson
Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Postby Lance » Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:30 am

Bill_Thompson wrote:misdirected delusional people without a grip on reality

Careful there, Bill. You know what they say about glass houses...

Lance
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Arneb » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:59 pm

What was this thing again about pig wrestling and internet trolls?
Arneb
German Medical Dude
God of All Things IT

PreviousNext

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)