So missing the point.

The Pit of Doom: Flame Wars, Fights and Schoolyard Bullying.
Warning: Contents may burn your eyes!

So missing the point.

Postby wring » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:02 pm

I run a small non profit. As such, I have the various office manager/business type duties as well as actually helping people. So, as an "employer", I have to write the checks and submit the reports for withholding taxes.
Feds, it's a monthly deposit to the bank. State, it's a quarterly check mailed to them, with a coupon. Coupon thankfully has the address where to send the check.

City, used to be monthly deposits, with coupon (they'd send us the years worth) that had the address, and actually had a little sticker w/the address. Seemed silly since we're talking something like $30 back then. Then they "improved" their system. They made it online to get the coupon. Coupon must accompany check. Ok, so the thing was due yesterday, I go to mail it in, and notice that the address isn't on the coupon. I think, gosh, I'll go to their website and find it out. No such luck. All sorts of options, but never once do they have the actual address to mail the damn check to.

They list several ways to contact them. I try the phone. Phone has menu of available options. It's a long ass message, I assure you. Press one for this, press 2 for that press three dot dot dot. Problem? Where I was calling from, they'd "fixed" the phone the other day. Except whatever they did to them made it so my phone would not register key sounds after the phone had been answered. So all those phone menus that you always get? I couldn't access them. No problem, I think to myself, there's always the option at the end to stay on the line and some one will be with you, right?

Nope. Not on this one. I waited through it all. Tried again. Same result. Even tried waiting through the long ass message more than once. Nope no dice. This is bothersome to me, 'cause I know that some folks w/certain disabilities need that other option (let alone the 3 people who still use rotary dial phones)

So, I try their other way of contacting them. Email. So I send off an email stating my problem, and offering 3 suggestions:

1. Put the mailing address ON the damn coupon.
2. Put the mailing address ON the damn website
3. Have an option that will allow the phone to connect to a person w/o the person calling having to press numbers etc. (accomodation for those w/disabilities)

I get a prompt email back. Telling me they get so many emails it'll take a while to answer.

I get another email back. This one simply gives me the mailing address (too late, bucko, I sent it to your main office address). Did not address any other point that I made.

I love it when they 'improve' services.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Postby Enzo » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:45 am

"Thank you for your interest in the CIty of Lansing."
Enzo
Enlightened One
Enlightened One
Chortling with glee!

Postby tubeswell » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:20 pm

How can I say this honestly? "I work to pay my bills"
tubeswell
Enlightened One
Enlightened One

Location: 129th in-line to the Llama Throne (after the last purge)

Postby wring » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Huh. forgot about this thread- same thing happened the next quarter, thatr time I also called the mayor's office. The next day, the address to mail payment was on the web site.
wring
Illuminatus
Illuminatus
Quackers
Mother Ducker

Return to Infuriati (The Enraged Ones)